NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Argh. I don't get it. How do I collect those bomb parts? I have the ship upgrade but I can't pick up one of them and the two others I can't reach. I hate wandering aimlessly around so please tell me what to do. Gamefaqs confused me, too much to read and I haven't followed them so it's a bit difficult to use it.

I believe theres one, which you leave to last. There is a way of reaching the other two though, so don't give up.

It's ends up being much longer then you think and you obtain a certain item which helps you get a bomb component and open alternative routes you couldn't before.

I think it's been advertised pretty well actually.

I see the advert several times each day at least. Nintendo have so many adverts on TV now.

Still haven't got this game though, how does it compare to the others? I never finished the other two, I always got stuck/found it too hard.

Still haven't got this game though, how does it compare to the others? I never finished the other two, I always got stuck/found it too hard.

If you enjoyed the previous Prime games otherwise, this might be the one for you. It's rather more streamlined than the GameCube versions but it is very much in the same vein; you'll scan, shoot, and puzzle solve.

For me personally it's my favourite of the series, even if parts of it don't live up to previous entries. That might seem a strange thing to say, but in my mind Corruption is simply a more enjoyable game: the controls are a huge step up, backtracking is minimal, and simply moving between areas is less tiresome.

If you enjoyed the previous Prime games otherwise, this might be the one for you. It's rather more streamlined than the GameCube versions but it is very much in the same vein; you'll scan, shoot, and puzzle solve.

For me personally it's my favourite of the series, even if parts of it don't live up to previous entries. That might seem a strange thing to say, but in my mind Corruption is simply a more enjoyable game: the controls are a huge step up, backtracking is minimal, and simply moving between areas is less tiresome.

Yeah, I did enjoy them, I just always got stuck on a boss so never got motivated to actually finish them. The controls make it look more fun, and I like the idea of free aiming rather than the system used on the cube. Might pick it up sometime soon, or ask for it for christmas.

just 15% of the way through... not had much time at all to play this really...but nevermind, what I have played I have loved this far.

Yeah, I did enjoy them, I just always got stuck on a boss so never got motivated to actually finish them.

Like I said, it's a lot more streamlined — some people might just say "easier".

I'm playing it on Veteran as I was told that was closest to the difficulty of the previous Primes. I don't know if Normal is a simple 'take less damage, do more' equation or whether there's more to it, but at any rate more people should see the end of this one. Bosses shouldn't be as much of a wall for people either: each of their states can be scanned and their weak point spelt out if you're having trouble, and should you die you can simply restart from the beginning of the battle as opposed to having to trudge from your last save station.

I just finished the game in 14 hours with 79%. This was an amazing game, I'm not yet sure if it's better than Prime 1, but it sure is better than Echoes! Can't wait to try Hyper difficulty.

Argh. I don't get it. How do I collect those bomb parts? I have the ship upgrade but I can't pick up one of them and the two others I can't reach. I hate wandering aimlessly around so please tell me what to do. Gamefaqs confused me, too much to read and I haven't followed them so it's a bit difficult to use it.

i got stuck there for a bit. for part one, you have to open the roof so the ship can get there. for parts 2 + 3 you need to get the seeker missiles. all can be done once you have the gapple beam, but be aware you cant leave sky town. just make sure you scan every were, the first bomb parts a pro blem, once you get the seeker missles the outher two fall into place easy enough. seeker missles is found near parts 1 and 2.

Completed this earlier today , 78% on Normal , 21 hours (must have left it paused on the map screen or something :indeed:).

I was going to go for the 100% but figured that I would save that for my next play through seeing as I planned on going through on all difficulties primarily for the gold tokens. What I didn't know , until after beating Rundas on Bryyo (again) , is that the Gold tokens only get awarded on Normal OR Veteran and then again on Hypermode , in other words I went through on Normal for nothing :shakehead .

Really enjoyed the game and probably the best in the series , and it had me hooked from start to finish.

One quick question though

Is there any point whatsoever in the Ship Missile upgrades or was it just a way to pad out the collection aspect. There was me hoping that I would get the chance to use the missiles in some sort of off-the-wall (for Metroid anyway) flying level. Would have been a nice bonus .

Completed this earlier today , 78% on Normal , 21 hours (must have left it paused on the map screen or something :indeed:).

The Metroid Prime games don't count the pause and map screen times into the overall time, only actual gameplay. Even the time you spend reading scans doesn't count. So you really did take 21 hours, actually a lot more, since it didn't count the scans, map and pauses. ;)

I just started this today, after finishing Super Paper Mario. Played 1h30, killed the first boss and arrived on 1st planet, Norion. 2% thus far.

Getting more used to the controls. What really impressed me is how smooth the gesture controls work, the opening doors. It's really the best motion based controls I've seen until now on Wii. It is just so smooth, the way you pull the controller and Samus pulls a lever at exactly the same time, it just feels great, great programming.

The shooting scheme takes getting used to. It's not really as good as keyb+mouse, at least I don't think so yet, I might change my mind in the future. The reason why I think it's not as good is the fact that the cursor moves along the screen, and so, you have to constantly adjust the aim, even for stationary targets, because you have to take into account the fact that the screen drag will change your crosshair position if you don't constantly adjust it. However, nothing that practise won't fix, I think. Certainly better than dual-analogue.

From what I played, it actually looks like this game has even more scannable objects than the other games. In fact, I'd say it has as many as the other two games together!

And one thing has occured to me...

I only scanned the Berserker Lord once... Does it have a different scan after you destroy his head shield? If it does, I forgot to scan him again after that...

Is there any point whatsoever in the Ship Missile upgrades or was it just a way to pad out the collection aspect. There was me hoping that I would get the chance to use the missiles in some sort of off-the-wall (for Metroid anyway) flying level. Would have been a nice bonus .

u can use the missles to take out enemys if ur in and open area.. just go to your ship visor and pick the place u want it to bomb.. helpful for areas with lots of ememies.. but that comes very rarley

should you die you can simply restart from the beginning of the battle as opposed to having to trudge from your last save station.

I think that was the bit that put me off most in the other two games, that if I died on a boss it took me about half an hour to get back to it, probably to just die again.

And one thing has occured to me...

I only scanned the Berserker Lord once... Does it have a different scan after you destroy his head shield? If it does, I forgot to scan him again after that...

You only have to scan it one time for the logbook entry. Even though the information you get is different after the shield breaks off it doesn't give you another entry in the logbook.

Gunna get cracking on this game tonight.

Hopefully try get towards the end :)

I might get it finished tonight aswell, but I have Naruto to start playing on the 360, and tomorrow girlfriends coming over so I actually might not get it done till Saturday :heh:

Finished the 3rd levian seed thing last night, might go back tracking to find more expansions, i've got 52/100 I think.

Just completed it with 99% (fuck knows what that last item was). It never answered the question: what came first, the metroid or the phazon so plot-wise I'm kinda disappointed.

EDIT: Oh wait, yeah it does, nevermind.

u can use the missles to take out enemys if ur in and open area.. just go to your ship visor and pick the place u want it to bomb.. helpful for areas with lots of ememies.. but that comes very rarley

That makes sense , although I only used that once (other than the other times when you need to) and that was when I accidently went to the wrong visor and noticed the command.

Did you have 14 energy tanks and 255 missiles?

Yup, after looking on GameFAQs I reckon it might be a ship missile upgrade. There's two places in the game that the Chozo maps don't show you item locations for, so I'm gonna check em out.

I think that was the bit that put me off most in the other two games, that if I died on a boss it took me about half an hour to get back to it, probably to just die again.

If I remember correctly, the only boss in the previous 2 games that makes you replay a large section if he kills you is the Alpha Blogg in MP2. I got very annoyed at that. But I don't remember having problems with any other boss, they all have save stations nearby.

Started collecting the power cells, just need 3 more. Also going about every where collecting all the expansions. Got 65/100.

This barely feels repetitive for me, usually I get bored going to the same places but i'm loving this.

omg, this game is amazing, i mean.... the artwork is just something from another world. Just finished the 1st planet and the final of that "part" it was beautiful.... without question. Loving it so far. The controls are really intuitive, and the rest is just pure joy. Finally, a game for my Wii. An awesome one!

Nintendo themselves were not expecting it to do well, Number 7 proves them totally wrong.

It was up against Pro Evolution Soccer...so....i think it was a good position.

Mario Galaxy needs to be number 1, though Assasins Creed will beat it, probably.

Mario will EASILY outsell Assasins creed. I mean, people will buy a Wii alone for the game; it's going to be that big.

This game's really easy compared to the others "puzzle" wise; don't get why people are struggling so much.

Completed it on "Normal" to other day with Eighty-Something % of items....Missing a load of scans though, and don't get how I'm missing so many Federation scans.:wtf:

Assassin's Creed is a multiplatform title though, so Mario Galaxy will be going up against several versions of the game. It might beat them individually, but I doubt it will combined.