NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Does the time count when you die and continue? I'm sure I spent a lot longer than 16 hours and 30 minutes on it.

I doubt it, as the game doesn't save when you die and reload

Erm, I'm trapped in Machine Works Bridge in Bryyo. Is there anywhere out? I've spent ages collecting expansions and haven't saved.

Erm, I'm trapped in Machine Works Bridge in Bryyo. Is there anywhere out? I've spent ages collecting expansions and haven't saved.

Out the way you came. There should be a hole in the cage.

(I think that's the place, not entirely sure)

I've just got the message about 75% of items too. I reckon I might be heading for 100% of items in my first playthrough!

Just on my way to get the suit upgrade that'll let me through the acid rain now. Also, I only just discovered the Valhalla, when playing with my galaxy map. At what point can you first re-visit that? Must have missed them telling me where it was earlier.

Out the way you came. There should be a hole in the cage.

(I think that's the place, not entirely sure)

Thanks, can't believe I didn't see it X.X

Just got the spider ball at last, after seeing tracks for it for ages and not being able to use them. Time for some backtracking! :)
I got that today, plus a suit and beam upgrade too!

Think I might be missing quite a few missile / energy tanks though, so I should probably do some backtracking as well. Problem is remembering where all those damn spider tracks are. :heh:

Finished the game with 98% in 15:01 hours. I have no idea where the two last items may be. Youtube, here I come >_>

RedShell: Go to the Chozo Observatory in Skytown and download the maps with hints for every item for every planet. Alternatively, you can mark maps with items you can't get with green colour on the map screen and come back later.

It would seem I missed out just about every expansion in Bryyo :heh: Seriously I got like 3 the first time I was there and that includes that grapple beam...

RedShell: Go to the Chozo Observatory in Skytown and download the maps with hints for every item for every planet. Alternatively, you can mark maps with items you can't get with green colour on the map screen and come back later.
Cheers for the tips. : peace:

I had downloaded info for a few of the planets in SkyTown, but there were some that required the spider ball so I should definitely re-visit now. I wasn't aware of the map marking thing though, sounds very handy indeed.

Okay something i've been wondering about for ages. What's the point in the missle expansions for the gunship? Do they even do anything?

Okay something i've been wondering about for ages. What's the point in the missle expansions for the gunship? Do they even do anything?

I've been wondering that too. They seem a bit pointless to me.

Finished the game with 98% in 15:01 hours. I have no idea where the two last items may be.

If you can't see them on the map, they may be in the Screw Attack area.

You can use them to bomb enemies in open areas.

it is possible you missed the items in the screw attack area, they arnt obn map. also, check the valhala. i mean fine tooth comb the bugger.

And where is this screw attack area?

From the Bryyo Fiery Landing Pad, follow the corridor to the first main room, take the door on the left side of the room then through the morph ball tunnel. Go up, out the tunnel then take the tunnel on the right (with the statue that used to be frozen). Follow that path and use the warp.

I've just got the message about 75% of items too. I reckon I might be heading for 100% of items in my first playthrough!

Just on my way to get the suit upgrade that'll let me through the acid rain now. Also, I only just discovered the Valhalla, when playing with my galaxy map. At what point can you first re-visit that? Must have missed them telling me where it was earlier.

I think I got a message about that around the time I got the Screw Attack.

I've been saying that for the last 3 days :heh:

You can use them to bomb enemies in open areas.

Wouldn't that make it piss easy though? Having said that whenever i was stuck in a big shoot out switching visors was only on my mind if i saw an enemy i hadn't scanned yet

Hmm, I'm still missing two expansions. I check Vahalla and Bryyo Ice as well.

97% of items now, so I suppose the end must be near, even though it doesn't really feel like it is! Hope everything gets explained at the end.

I'm still missing three Sky Town lore entries somehow, too. Don't know how - I thought I'd combed the place from top to bottom.

Just completed it. Veteran, 100% items, 16 hours 38 minutes.

Another brilliant entry in the Prime series. Despite the foreign (though action-packed) opening, the game still feels like a prime game. Lots more exploration to do, upgrades to find and baddies to blast. The game had great locations, awesome puzzles and ace bosses. As long as it didn't depart from any of that, it was always going to be amazing. It was however lot more plot driven. While it didn't feel very "metroidy", it didn't make too much difference to the overall gameplay, although they went a bit overkill with the amount of set pieces.

The two things that made it stand out from the other two prime games were the controls and hypermode. The motion controls were superb and it really made fighting space pirate more immersive and more intense. Hypermode was also, I felt, a great addition and it really helped mix up the combat.

The weapons were a step up from Echoes' annoying light/dark ammo system, and the new stackable approach worked fairly well. Still, not quite as good as the awesome power/wave/ice/plasma beams in Prime 1 (and their brilliant missile combos). Speaking of that, where was the Super Missile? Or Power Bomb? Instead we get the hardly ever used ship missiles. Still, the addition of hypermode was awesome.

Progressing through the game was a lot easier than in the other prime games. Even with the hint system off, the game basically tells you what to do next, which was disappointing because discovering where to go for yourself was something that made Metroid great. Getting 100% items was a lot easier as well. Most of the pickups were just too easy to find, the few you miss get pointed out to you anyway thanks to a certain room.

The things that annoyed me most about this game were the set pieces involving infinitely respawning enemies (especially when the enemies were pirates in hypermode). The game forced you to figure out the puzzle while being constantly bombarded. While being challenging was probably the intention, there were too many of them, and when you just couldn't figure out what to do they were really damn frustrating.

Other bad points: the loading times on some of the doors were horrendous; the grapple beam motion did not always work perfectly, neither did the morth ball jump.

The final part of the game was well... unexpected. Didn't particually enjoy the long crawl to the final boss room. Final boss was awesome, if a little underwhelming if compared to Metroid Prime from Prime 1. The 100% ending, annoyingly, left on some daft cliffhanger.

All in all a fantastic game. Anyone with a decent taste in games must play this. Not quite as good as Prime 1, but definately on a par with Prime 2. I sincerely hope Nintendo use these FPS controls to make a great multiplayer shooter for the Wii (seeing as it's lacking one at the moment).

was just wounderign what every ones fave moments were? i had a few wow moments, which i shall put under spoiler as they really are best when you dont see em coming.

well, for me, there were a few set peices i loved, saving the gf troop who was getting suycked into space was nice, as was meeting all the outher hunters in the begining.

loved lost of sky town, the colapsing bridge was good but my personal highlite was when you leave a room aftergetting an upgrade (not sure which) and theres all the steam bots, then out of no were a space pirate ship blasts em all away.

defending the bomb before i dropped was cool, then the escape was made alot more tense by the not entierly un expected malfunction.

falling with meta ridly was cool. just wish i hadnt already seen it.

oh, and getting the beserker knight to attack his comrades was cool, and i bet a lot of people mised it.

Just wanted to say that I landed on Bryyo today and the theme music is awesome. Phendrana Drifts from Prime 1 still holds the title for best MP music ever, but this Bryyo one comes a close second for me. Can't wait to hear the other themes from up ahead in the game. Bryyo's theme is truly hummable, and I had read on several reviews that MP3's score was not hummable and that you rarely noticed it. How wrong that is. :)

Other bad points: the grapple beam motion did not always work perfectly, neither did the morth ball jump.

They work 100% for me.

Finished the game with 98% in 15:01 hours. I have no idea where the two last items may be. Youtube, here I come >_>

i was stuck at 98% at 1 time aswell.. there is one item cant remeber off the top of my head near the start of skytown.. sorry the game is not in so cant tell u were but its gonna be off the ledge to the left and u have to screw attack to get it.. and then the last item u get after a boss fight so at 99% go finish the game...:-P

So is this game worth purchasing without having played its two predecessors? Ima achin' to do some shootin' on my Wii, and I'm hoping this will cater to my needs.

Yes. Hated the two previous games and only played them for a short while. This one by comparison is fantastic.