NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Mogenar is a real shitcock on Hypermode difficulty.

A shitcock, eh?

"]Rundas aka Iceman, most people agree here I believe, died 2 times before finally realizing in this hectic fight I also had a morphball ability to escape his massive & deadly ice pillar, and more uncommon I think, the mining gun. Wasted a lot of Hypermode energy on space pirates before I realized what you were supposed to do. Beat it at first attempt, but barely (which means me running to the nearest landing zone with beeping health alert).

What's everybody's problem with Rundas? All you have to do is keep dodging while you fire at him. And when he starts swinging his "mace" or what-not, just keep shooting him so he drops his armor before he's done with his swinging of said mace. If not that, you could always shoot the mace instead, to destroy it. Is it that everybody hacks the game to play on Hypermode difficulty as default? Same goes with Mogenar (though I admit that he is tricky). Once you learn his pattern, it's a waiting game in your favour.

I found Mogenar easier than Rundas, really. The Mogenar fight just requires a LOT of patience and is more annoying than hard. I think he might be the most annoying boss in the series, thus far. I just re-activated the Aurora Unit in Skytown and my current objective is to hunt down Ghor.

One thing they kept on from MP2 is the high number of bosses.... I kind of hate that. MP2 introduced the concept of the guardians for every fucking item. Is there a single item in MP2 that you can simply grab? I don't remember, but I don't think so, every one of them has a goddamn guardian.

They seem to be repeating that theme in MP3... I much prefer solving a good hard puzzle to get an item than to fight another mini-boss.

Metroid Prime didn't have bosses to every item. I remember at least the thermal visor, the boost ball, the space jump, the ice beam, the plasma beam, none of those had guardians. And the spiderball track puzzle to get to the plasma beam was ace and a high point of the game. I find it a bit disapointing that in the following 2 games they chose to simply add bosses and mini-bosses replacing brilliant puzzle design. I'm not saying that MP2 and 3 don't have brilliant puzzles, they do, but they have too many bosses, IMO.

What they did in the 1st one was not having you defeat an enemy to get the item, but rather get the item and then using it to defeat a horde of enemies. It was like that for the 2 visors in the game.

Anyway, just want to say that whoever designed Skytown in MP3 is fucking sick. No human being can come up with such level design, I don't believe. That person either has a pact with the devil or is just simply an alien millions of years old living amongst humans. Unreal.

Currently replaying the game in hypermode:

I beat the crap out of Rundas. Started to fight him in a normal way but it was too long for me so went in hypermode (keeping the corruption to make it longer) and finished him during it.The poor guy hadn't the time to do anything.:heh:

I was able to get full recovery

I also just beat Mogenar. He destroy me two times because I played like shit and I wasn't able to refill my life after hypermodes: strangely those "destructible" attacks never gave me life. Only destroying his balls gave me very few. Beat it yesterday during 20 minutes and I was able to get full recovery each time I went hypermode.

Oh! and the Steamlord is always a joke in hypermode.

This game is just incredible, the atmosphere in particular is stunning. Also, anyone think the boss fights are ridiculously epic? They're a good half an hour long!!!

One thing they kept on from MP2 is the high number of bosses.... I kind of hate that. MP2 introduced the concept of the guardians for every fucking item. Is there a single item in MP2 that you can simply grab? I don't remember, but I don't think so, every one of them has a goddamn guardian.

They seem to be repeating that theme in MP3... I much prefer solving a good hard puzzle to get an item than to fight another mini-boss.

It's not that there are many bosses, but there are few items to aquire in the third game. On the other hand, most grapple upgrades were without boss fights. Same goes for the X-ray, unless I remember it completely wrong.

destroying his balls

Hehe...

I'm probably near the end I have about 82% upgrades, I want to finish without 100% to see the other ending, so I shouldn't save after that right?

I'm probably near the end I have about 82% upgrades, I want to finish without 100% to see the other ending, so I shouldn't save after that right?

Don't save.

You could also copy your save to a different slot before beating the end-boss.

Just completed the game (100%, 17hours). I'm rather sad now that it's over as it was a fantastic game. I enjoyed every minute of it. The controls were just awesome. The graphics were nice. The atmosphere was great. It is the Wii's best game so far, for me anyway.

The last battle was very tense towards the end!

I've just started again on and I was messing about with the different controls. I can't play it on any of the other two settings. It has to be advanced. I can't play it with a bounding box!

You could also copy your save to a different slot before beating the end-boss.

Best way to do it.

Done with the last boss. 12hours and 71% game completion.

The last boss was way to easy though :/

Gonna go back and get 100% ^^

Mogenar is a real shitcock on Hypermode difficulty.

He is indeed.

Finally got past those bloody gun turrets , although a new tactic made it surprisingly easy (it's only taken my 3rd playthrough to figure something out :indeed:). I can now finally start to progress again and after I take down Mogenar I don't expect too many more struggles until one particular spot in Homeworld.

Although SMG will prevent any further progress.

EDIT - Has anybody else noticed that this game seems glitchy on Hypermode difficulty ?

The only reason I easily beat Rundas was because half-way through the battle he stopped moving/attacking/anything , luckily his weak spot was exposed so I took advantage. Just now , I was taking on Mogenar , and again mid-way through the battle he just stopped attacking/moving but this time no weak spots were exposed so I had to switch off.

So has this happened to anyone else ?

Finished the game yesterday, 13h and 96%.

I liked the game, but to tell you the truth I hated Elysia.

I always got lost there and it was just boring. Also it felt like there were no enemies at all.

I always got lost there and it was just boring. Also it felt like there were no enemies at all.

There aren't supposed to be enemies, the sentient robots on that planet would have been hospitable towards Samus, were the majority of them not destroyed by Space Pirates or corrupted robots.

Although SMG will prevent any further progress.

EDIT - Has anybody else noticed that this game seems glitchy on Hypermode difficulty ?

The only reason I easily beat Rundas was because half-way through the battle he stopped moving/attacking/anything , luckily his weak spot was exposed so I took advantage. Just now , I was taking on Mogenar , and again mid-way through the battle he just stopped attacking/moving but this time no weak spots were exposed so I had to switch off.

So has this happened to anyone else ?

The first time i fought Rundas, he glitched up and started spinning in place and couldnt be damaged so i had to restart the battle

Im stuck on the bit where you have to get the three bomb components. Trying to get over the gearworks but i dont know how. Tryed using the spining morph ball thing but its just too far

Edit: nevermind, done it now :)

You have no soul

Anyone want to trade wii codes so I can send and receive friend vouchers, got 10 vouchers to send, send 4 already and not got anything back :-(

Anyone want to trade wii codes so I can send and receive friend vouchers, got 10 vouchers to send, send 4 already and not got anything back :-(

I've got a few still left, add me and I'll add you back tomorrow when I get home.

Getting stuck into this. Beat the second seed and on my way to the next part.

If you guys (lostmario and Zelda_rulez) would like to exchange Friend Vouchers, PM me. I have a few I can send out.

I've just gotten to... [spoiler=]...the Spacepirates homeplanet

Ah, still loving every minute of this. :smile:

And the attention to detail is staggering. I've only just noticed that... [spoiler=]you can see Samus' face gradually get affected by the phazon corruption when in scan-mode.

The friends-vouchers are still coming in, so PM me if you need/want/crave some.

I defeated Ghor last time I played.

Is it just me or was Ghor like the easiest boss in the game so far? I thought he was easier than the Berserker Lord!

Same here. Must start Hyper Mode after Galaxy...

Fact. I have an awesome plan. From Christmas with my uber new TV, i'm gonna replay Tp, MP3 and Galaxy. Big 3 Nintendo games being played all at once, will be awesome fun.