N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Sega,

Please stop arsing around with Megadrive games and revive ChuChu Rocket! It's the perfect downloadable game and suites every current platform. Your failure to do this baffles me on a daily basis. That is all.

God, I used to spend hours chatting to people on that game in the Dreamcast version...

I voted for Earthworm Jim. I hope Shinobi gets released eventually as well.

I voted The Revenge of Shinobi. I loved playing that game on MEGA CD back in the day and would love to play that again. Much much better than Shinobi III : Return of The Ninja Master.

Fixed for accuracy but I totally agree :) in fact I reviewed the VC version only a week ago and gave my reasoning for it there...

http://n-europe.com/news.php?nid=13465

It truly is a fantastic title and Sega would do well to release it on XBLA asap, especially since the Wii has a head-start :heh: mind you, the VC version is still better as it allows you access to the original title screen, infinite shurikens! :o

Fixed for accuracy but I totally agree :) in fact I reviewed the VC version only a week ago and gave my reasoning for it there...

http://n-europe.com/news.php?nid=13465

It truly is a fantastic title and Sega would do well to release it on XBLA asap, especially since the Wii has a head-start :heh: mind you, the VC version is still better as it allows you access to the original title screen, infinite shurikens! :o

haha cool.

oooo i didn't realise it has been releashed on VC. hmm tempting!

haha cool.

oooo i didn't realise it has been releashed on VC. hmm tempting!

Definitely worth it, especially if you don't have your Mega-CD version anymore, I dug out my copy for the review :D but if you do then I'd say dig out yours as well, but yeah if not then download as it's still a real blast to play. :)

Definitely worth it, especially if you don't have your Mega-CD version anymore, I dug out my copy for the review :D but if you do then I'd say dig out yours as well, but yeah if not then download as it's still a real blast to play. :)

Cool, well my Mega-CD stopped working properly several years ago unfortunatly. :(

No doubt everyone's aware of the PS3 price cut talk, but it seems Microsoft are going the other way by raising the price of the Arcade unit and accessories.

I have to wonder whether there's more to this story than what's known so far. It seems rather odd to take away something from your product — the five free XBLA games — and then charge £30 more for it, especially in the run up to Christmas.

As if M$ need the money... they're raking it in on software sales despite losing out for each Xbox sold - probably - anyway, one new Xbox in someones home is another added to the allready huge installed userbase = money made back on software...

Seriously bad move from M$... also they can't really call it an 'Arcade' bundle anymore surely being that it comes with no arcade games now. :blank:

Rumor: 60GB 360 to be discontinued and 360 Arcade to increase in price.

UK retailer Argos is claiming that Microsoft has binned the 60GB Xbox 360.

"We are very sorry but Microsoft have discontinued this line," the Argos listing offers (thanks to EG reader David for the heads-up).

Update: Retailers have told Eurogamer that Microsoft will increase the price of the Arcade Xbox 360 bundle to £159.99 (from £129.99) starting 1st September. The five XBLA games will no longer be included in the bundle, either.

ShopTo boss Igor Cipolletta received confirmation from Microsoft this morning, as did a corroborating independent retail chain source.

We're also told that Microsoft will bump the price of individual Xbox 360 accessories by one or two pounds. Our independent retail source said this is being done to counteract the poor pound-to-Euro currency exchange rate.

No word yet on why, but we're trying to check with Microsoft. According to the same source, the Elite will now become the standard Xbox 360 console.

Earlier this summer, reports said Microsoft would discontinue the Premium 60GB model and move the Elite into its place. Perhaps they were right.

Microsoft has yet to respond.

Edited by Dante

They're just as likely to break as any other. The only real factor is when your machine was manufactured, the more recent the date the better; the components and their layout have been tweaked many times, each time getting that bit more reliable.

so: rumor has it that Halo 2 is being shut down once ODST launches.

this means that 'oldbox' XBL is pretty much over and Microsoft can expand the friends list past 100- an antiquated constraint from the service's younger days.

Burnout 3 is still going.

So today I got me a second hand copy of Bioshock for £13. Love it, I played it since I came back from town, hard but heaps of fun.

Come payday, I shall be getting the special edition from Game/Play (I forget which has it in stock). It's only £20 and I'm a sucker for special editions. I loved the demo, although the bit where you come out of the elevator scared me. I actually mimicked what I would do in real life (creep out of the elevator whilst turning to look if it was still on top).

^ DIdn't realise Microsoft were doing a conference. Gives me something to do I guess at this time in the morning.

Oh and awesome avatar there :D

Shadow Complex is out today right? My Tv is broken so I can't check but I think it was to be released on the 19th. ::shrug: Anyway, anyone getting it? I'm gonna see about getting the spare TV set up and see about downloading it, and perhaps Trails HD.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!