Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you install games onto your hard drive does that mean I don't need the disc after that? Or is that a completely retarded question?

It's not a retarded question, I kinda half assumed that you wouldn't need the disc when they first announced it but then I found out that you do in fact still need it in the drive in order to play the game.

I believe that it's because it's needed to prove that you actually still own the game, so it reads it on the dashboard while loading up the game to prove this and then the disc stops spinning and reads the rest of the info from the HDD.

It makes sense I guess because otherwise people could just rent games and rip them to HDD but regardless it's still a good feature because if you rip a game that you know you're gonna be playing a lot then it saves your disc drive and ultimately your 360 in the long run.

Hope this helps. :)

It's also worth mentioning that certain games run better when installed; Fable 2 has the most significant difference that I've seen, the menus being vastly more responsive and pop-in all but eradicated. A good rule of thumb is that if there's a lot of data streaming involved — so mainly open-world games — it's probably worth installing if you have the space.

yeay i got my xbox back, they didn't repair it though. They repaced it with a new one :D It seems alot quieter than my old one for some reason

Cool, yeah they do seem to replace now rather than repair so u get it back quicker. Not sure if it would be a 'new' one or not though as they worded it on mine as a 'replacement model', its looks new in the packaging and console and stuff but i have been told they send out 'referbished models'.

I think pretty much they send you someone elses that has been repaired, then repair yours, send yours to someone else, repair their's, send their's on to someone else, etc. So basically, they sent out a few new consoles to start the cycle, and just run it like that now.

I think pretty much they send you someone elses that has been repaired, then repair yours, send yours to someone else, repair their's, send their's on to someone else, etc. So basically, they sent out a few new consoles to start the cycle, and just run it like that now.

Yeah, that does make good business sence from microsofts point of view, try to keep customers happy by getting them consoles back asap but also repairing them all to save cost of new ones.

As long as i get a console that works, im happy! :)

Just a heads-up for the very few of you that may be buying Madden '10 on the 360 (I also think this applies to the PS3 version). Seeing as there is no thread for the game I may as well stick this here.

It seems that EA have screwed up regarding the online franchise. There should be a code in the back of the manual that is used to activate this feature, but apparently it hasn't been printed in the PAL versions.

EA are aware of the issue and are looking to get it rectified, I have heard that a quick call to Customer Services with your Gamertag will ensure that a code gets sent to your message box but I can't confirm this yet (picking up my copy a little later today).

I figured it was worth posting this as there is an option on the Marketplace to purchase the code, but this is primarily aimed at those who buy the game second hand (or want to extend the online franchise beyond 5 seasons), so, whatever you do, there is NO NEED to purchase the code otherwise.

FINALLY! I cant wait to get my hands on this.

Capcom today announced that their co-op demo that has featured at trade shows like E3, Comic-Con and soon to be GamesCom next week, will see the light of day for Gold Members on Xbox Live on August 19th, just as GamesCom opens its doors. Silver members can download the demo on August 26th.

What can we expect? Capcom tell us this ...

"Xbox LIVE Gold subscribers around the world will be able to experience the desperate battle against the enormous G-Type Salamander Akrid boss in online, co-operative shoot outs. Utilizing a host of weapons scattered through out the arena, squads of up to four players will face off against the huge monster in an attempt to bring it down. Players can assault the Salamander in a number of ways, from shearing off its legs to actually being swallowed and fighting their way out from the inside! Superior firepower comes in many flavours, including numerous beam and projectile weapons and several Vital Suit robotic combat units that up to three players can ride at once. There are new support weapons which allow teammates to boost attack and defense abilities, while players can share life-giving thermal energy amongst injured members of their squad. Additionally, the new Dash feature allows players to sprint for short distances, bringing greater speed to combat."

4 player Lost Planet 2 co-op demo on Xbox Live? Sounds like fun.

http://www.genesispoll.com/

"Sega is celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Genesis by letting fans vote for the next Genesis title to appear on Xbox Live Arcade. Earthworm Jim fans unite!" - Kotaku

Wooop couldn't agree more, everyone needs to vote for Earthworm Jim, its 49% at the moment, so its probably going to win, loved that game, be shit hot on XBLA :)

Lol I've just realised that I've reviewed all of those games, undoubtedly the best out of them all is The Revenge of Shinobi which I voted for seeing as everything is going to lose out to ToeJam & Earl anyway :heh: don't get me wrong because they are all decent titles but Shinobi is still the best.

Hmm I wonder if they will somehow add in the option of having infinite shurikens? because in the original you could get infinite by setting the amount to 00 and waiting about 30 seconds for it to change to the infinity symbol. :awesome:

Alas though these XBLA releases don't have the proper menus in them, which really sucks... it's only so that you can't use any 'cheats' to get the allready easy achievements even quicker :indeed: oh and so they could implement leaderboards'n stuff too, but it still sucks that this makes certain games somewhat inferior.

NOOOOO!

Toejam & Earl isn't winning.

Meh, you can get that on the Wii, and it's not aged too well. On the other hand if they were going to re-make it with shiny 3D gra...

LOLSEGA, j/k.

sitenote: is that site even genuine? Looks hellasucky.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!