Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

I'm going to have to download Braid myself to see what all of the fuss is about. Downloaded the trial for The Maw but my mind was elsewhere so didn't really play it properly. Will do later on. Also downloaded Soul Calibur! Such an awesome game. Weird that they've given you all of the characters from the start though. That was kind of a bad move really. Would have preferred to unlock them myself. But it'll be a good time waster for me as I was itching for something to play while I wait for Halo Wars.

You won't regret it. Also, Bionic Cammando is amazing if you haven't tried it before.

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiousity, who's played Jade Empire and Dreamfall: The Longest Journey on the original Xbox? Thinking of giving them a download on my 360 as I didn't get the chance to play them on my original xbox and was just wondering what people thought of them. Will need to get a new HDD first though as both games total up to about 10Gb and I've got something like 5Gb left on my 20Gb harddrive.

Yeh Jade Empire has got some very good reviews under it's belt so I'll most definitely look into it and probably Dreamfall as well. Just need a new HDD that's all and to remember the password and email address connected to my Live account so I can access my stuff on the new HDD.

You could probably get it cheaper in CEX, I got it for £3 a while back, it's such a great game.

Well, I had a good run but after 2 years I've finally got RRoD. Had my first box for 6 months before it developed a fault and it kept crashing. This time it only crashed twice before the lights started blinking.

My girlfriend was playing Left 4 Dead when it suddenly froze. Rebooted and went through a menu for like 2 seconds and it froze again. Rebooted yet again and same thing happened immediately. Next time I tried to start it up it just blinked those damn lights at me.

It's times like this that make you glad to own a Playstation 3.

From the Gaf.

Similar to holiday deal back in December. Different deal every week. Xbox Live Gold members only.

First deal he confirms for tomorrow is Braid. He doesn't announce much but mentions Ninja Gaiden 2 add-on, PGR4 add-on, and Fable on Xbox Originals will also go on sale.

Source: Latest Major Nelson podcast

EDIT: Braid will be 800 points tomorrow.

Yeh Jade Empire has got some very good reviews under it's belt so I'll most definitely look into it and probably Dreamfall as well. Just need a new HDD that's all and to remember the password and email address connected to my Live account so I can access my stuff on the new HDD.

I'm slightly late. I bought an original xbox for fable and ended up falling in love with jade empire, I've played it several times now without getting bored with it.

Good to know it's got some lastability then. I don't really remember playing much on my xbox other than Halo 1 and 2 and the two KotOR titles so it's about time I actually played some of the stuff I missed out on. Are HDD transfer cables available in stores or only online? Don't think I've seen them in stores but I haven't really looked as it's only until now that I'll be needing a new harddrive and the cable for transferring stuff over.

Was I only person who didn't like Braid? I played the demo and was underwhelmed. :blank:

Anyway I might get the Ninja Gaiden II add-on depending on what it contains, that game pwns so much. ^^

Bare in mind the demo doesn't feature any of the puzzles and tbh it pretty much just shows off the platforming and the graphical style (which is what sold the game to me really). I remember showing zell the first level (so essentially the demo) and it's nothing spectacular but when he came over i showed him levels 3-4 and he ended up buying the game and loving it :D It's a one of a kind experience, it's just amazing. The demo was underwhelming yes, but it's like shoving someone half way into Bioshock and expecting them to like it.

At 800 points you'd be mental not to DL it and give it a go (esp. if you have a hdtv!).

Gave Braid a couple of hours myself. Only played through worlds 2 and 3 but loving it.

Completed world 2 easy enough , but then I did go through it a few times when I had the trial , and have most of world 3 , although there's a piece or two that are giving me a little hassle.

A certain boss in that world was fantastic and I can see that I am really going to enjoy the rest of this , even if it gives me more of a mental workthrough than I am probably used to :p.

May pick up this Braid then seen as it's cheaper and all you lot are raving on about it :)

Do it you won't regret it! Funnily enough it's the only game i've ever played where i desperately wanted to find out the ending so kept on playing because of it. 'Does the princess exist? She must!'. I remember reading those lines on one of the worlds and realised how much i wanted to complete it (think i played for about 2 hours non stop after that with no guide despite how hard it gets...mental breakdown!).

Bought braid earlier today, im likin it, gave it about an hour, got bored on the levels wer as u move time moves, but ill go hav another go at them later. Worth the 800 points for the music alone, its well relaxing to play to.

World 3? Hardest world in the game imo (i can do every level easily apart from that, grrr!).

Oh btw, the final 2 worlds have some incredilbe puzzles..you'll be scratching your heads for sure!

wrost burnout game ive ever played is paradise...hate the open city idea thing and having to drive to new challenges :/ MUCH....MUCH prefered when can just select from the menu and they took out the crash challenge (set ramp etc and must get a set number of points from a crash).

As for braid it was alright i dont see what others love about it thou

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!