NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Anyone know if I can trade in games at either Game or Gamestation, for a full refund - if they're sealed?

If you bought the game in GAME then, if it's within 28 days of purchase, you can return it for the full price. But otherwise, I doubt it. Why would they? They wouldn't make money if they did that, and after all, they're a business.

Anyone know if I can trade in games at either Game or Gamestation, for a full refund - if they're sealed?
If a game is fairly recently released, I would say sell it on ebay... you can get pretty much RRP for a new game sealed. I occasionally see games go for more on ebay than they cost on game/play etc

If you bought the game at either Game or Gamestation and have a receipt then yes you can trade in for full refund. However, you NEED a receipt. Without it, it's a big no-no, even if it's sealed.

(unless you go through the faffy credit/debit card statement route)

Looks like im getting CoD:WaW afterall. I went to cancel my preorder yesterday but GAME had already started the process. Seeing as I cant be bothered to send it back and I would have got it eventually I will just keep it. It will have to wait until I have had my fill of Banjo though :)

Epic Games' President Mike Capps has suggested the idea that game developers, in order to curb the sales of secondhand games, start making the endings of games downloadable content:

The secondary market is a huge issue in the United States. Our primary retailer makes the majority of its money off of secondary sales, and so you’re starting to see games taking proactive steps toward that by… if you buy the retail version you get the unlock code.

I’ve talked to some developers who are saying ‘If you want to fight the final boss you go online and pay USD 20, but if you bought the retail version you got it for free’. We don’t make any money when someone rents it, and we don’t make any money when someone buys it used - way more than twice as many people played Gears than bought it.

www.videogaming247.com

And the majority of people who trade in games are people who buy new games, they will buy less games & be a bit more choosy when buying.

Also the people who buy 2nd hand games do so for a reason, ok they may be forced to buy new but they won't buy many and as Gizmo said you will need an internet connection & even if you have one, if the servers or connection is down you can't play!!!

We don’t make any money when someone rents it, and we don’t make any money when someone buys it used - way more than twice as many people played Gears than bought it.

I'm fairly sure that Gears of Wars 2 sales benefited a lot from people who got the original second hand or borrowed it from a friend.

On the other hand I'm going to borrow GoW2 from a friend instead of buying, having bought GoW1 and only enjoyed the campaign. Don't really wanna spend full price and only enjoy half the game.

I've been playing Naruto: Rise of a Ninja, it's rubbish but I'm loving it. I can't really explain, it reminds me of Mystical Ninja on the N64 a bit.

Will the next game be any better? I sure hope so.

BK XBLA is up, for those with codes

wtf!?? I havent been mailed a code yet.. hmm.. maybe they mail you the code when they ship the game..

wtf!?? I havent been mailed a code yet.. hmm.. maybe they mail you the code when they ship the game..

Yeah im still waiting for mine. I imagine you will get the code after they ship Nuts & Bolts as many people abused the Fable II Pub Games offer :heh:

Gamingconfidential - A trusted source working as a customer service rep for Microsoft has revealed that there will be some bad drama when the Xbox 360's Fall update hits on November 19th. He says the update could bring the dreaded "three red lights of death" issue roaring back to life.

The rep said that there has always been an influx of calls from owners of bricked Xbox 360s after every major Xbox 360 software update. Most of the complaints come from owners of launch consoles.

"The slick move by Microsoft here is that it's releasing the update on the 19th, just a couple of days after the extended warranty period for launch Xbox 360s end. The owners of these units are headed for some pretty tense times in the weeks to come,"" he said.

^ If that is indeed the reason why they are waiting till the 19th to release it, they could well find themselves with a few lawsuits on their hand. Purposefully waiting for the warranty period to void before sending out an update that could RRoD launch consoles which haven't had problems yet. Don't think the International Watchdog or the Trading Commerce would take kindly to that.

Would be fucking typical if mine goes. I had a problem with my last Xbox but it didn't Red Ring. I've had this one for nearly 2 years now. The warranty is from your last repair isn't it?

I finally caved and bought a 120GB hard drive. I'm definitely going to need it to install games, as the drive is just far too noisy to play stuff like Banjo, Viva Pinata and Fable 2. So crappy that Microsoft have had £160 of my money for a wifi adapter and a hard drive for this thing now...

Avoiding the official threads because of spoilarz and the like. But can someone sum up if Gears 2, Fable 2 and Fallout 3 are worth getting. I enjoyed Gears, Fable and Oblivion so I assume I will be good to go when I get back home next year.

Avoiding the official threads because of spoilarz and the like. But can someone sum up if Gears 2, Fable 2 and Fallout 3 are worth getting. I enjoyed Gears, Fable and Oblivion so I assume I will be good to go when I get back home next year.

Gears of War 2...YES!

Fable 2...YES!

Fallout 3...I dont have a clue as I havent played it but probably YES! :)

^ If that is indeed the reason why they are waiting till the 19th to release it, they could well find themselves with a few lawsuits on their hand. Purposefully waiting for the warranty period to void before sending out an update that could RRoD launch consoles which haven't had problems yet. Don't think the International Watchdog or the Trading Commerce would take kindly to that.

Launchin an update that may cause an existing and well known problem that was there before the update, dont think thers a lawsuit their personally.

Is their anyway a software update could brake the hardware? Just wonderin

my 360 has just been picked up by ups :)

to the peeps that have recently had RROD how long did it take from pickup date to getting it back for you?