NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

If those people enjoy getting achievements why keep bothering them about them.

I love getting achievements, I'd never pick up a game like Cars to get achievements though.

i wouldnt play a proper kiddys game for them, as you know theyre going to be easy. But something like King Kong, where its easy, and your probably going to end up liking a few bits, make it worth you playing. You have some fun which you otherwise would of shunned coz the game looked crap!

how is forcing yourself to play through Surfs up to get 1000 points fun though? Genuine question not trying to stir.

Maybe some people like doing that.

Some people juggle geese!

There's nothing automatically wrong with it as per sae, especially given that the whole point of video games is to waste time, but I can't help but feel gamerscores really are stretching the time-wasting genre to it's absolute limits. As a case in point, witnessing someone juggeling live poultry is something, I think, would be worth trading even the highest gamerscores in for.

I can't believe there's an achievement for playing 100 hours of Beautiful Katamari. That's just ridiculous >_<

UEFA Euro 2008 demo is out. It is better than FIFA 08 and way better than PES 2008.

Response times are now as good if not better than PES. Presentation top class, player models look much better also. A.I has been improved and the game flows near enough perfect.

If everything goes to plan Fifa 09 will be unreal. EA have finally turned the corner when it comes to the FIFA series.

If you are still debating on buying FIFA 08 or PES 2008 let me tell you that you should leave them both and buy this in April..

Mikey what you think of this demo??

I can't believe there's an achievement for playing 100 hours of Beautiful Katamari. That's just ridiculous >_<

Do you have to play though, or can you just (rape the Earth and) leave it on?

I started playing COD3, its fun i never thought i would get into it but i have. Time to pick up cod 4 i geuss.

Letty has the time achievements on that game.

She left it on for 100 hours in Princedom using a wired pad.

Letty has the time achievements on that game.

She left it on for 100 hours in Princedom using a wired pad.

Wouldnt that damage her Xbox360 for leaving it running for that long?

I doubt it was left on for 100 hours straight.

Mine was on in a Gears room in the lobby throughout the night whilst watching E3. It's not like it'll crash at any sort of overusage.

Yeah i was thinking about that, it's pretty stupid how there is loads of achievements for playing so many hours overall or playing multiplayer for such along time at once yet it's killing peoples 360's.

Microsoft's Comments on Master Chief in UT3

Master Chief on PlayStation? Yep, we know...

When it makes it to Business Week, I think it's time to comment. Many people are talking about the Master Chief mod for Unreal Tournament 3, that allows you to play in the character of the Master Chief on the PS3. Many people are surprised Microsoft is "allowing" this.

Actually it's nothing more than the Game Content Usage Rules in action. When these were developed, people all thought they were focused on machinima. The truth is that while they do address machinima they also allow for a lot of other things. Mods like this are one of them. The developers aren't selling the mod, they're not monetizing Microsoft's IP, they're just creating something to share their love of the Master Chief on a new platform. It's a great thing for us and a great thing for the gaming community. And much though I love my friends at Epic, Unreal Tournament isn't Halo. This will also remind people of just how great the Halo games are and remind them that if they're done with the user-created faux-Halo experience, the real Halo is available only on the Xbox 360. And no one is taking characters from PlayStation games (do they even have any games?) and putting them on our platform.

donkeyxote.spaces

I couldn't understand the lady on the phone, so I decided to email the Xbox people.

Hi there. I recently had my first Xbox 360 replaced through you're repair centre, and was sent back a replacement console, however it was done by my mother as she had the Xbox 360 console at her house, and as I do not live there any more, I asked her to send it to you for me. However, she has forgotten her log in details, so I am hoping you can help me.

The replacement console you sent me came with faulty hardware. Within a week it stopped functioning properly, it would often not recognise the disks. Around 3 months on (right now) It won't play any games and 9 out of 10 times it won't recognise any DVDs or CD's.

As a loyal Microsoft customer, I am rapidly losing confidence with the Xbox 360 and the company itself, and hope at the very least from the details about the console given below you can help me log into my previous account, so I can apply to have it repaired or replaced in the right place. Many thanks. Toby King.

Without picking it to death, do you think its stern enough for a freebie? (or a reply at all??) :p

I left mine on for 2 50 hour periods.

I think my one is indestrutable, Its been all over the place and dropped a few times, not to mention Jordan had it for a few years before :s

In the worst case scenario what can happen if you turn of the console while saving or loading a file? Lost Odyssey froze when I was loading the file, but luckily nothing happened.

The prick emailed back asking me to call the customer service line.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*rage*!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: GIVE ME A PS3.

Hahaha quite. Will you?

Posting this news here as well. :)

On April 29th Rockstar Games will release the most anticipated game of 2008, Grand Theft Auto IV. In addition to the game, the company is launching the Rockstar Social Club, a new website that will extend your experience of Grand Theft Auto IV and all future Rockstar Games titles.

The Rockstar Social Club is more than just a standard gaming site. It features all of the statistical leaderboards that gamers have come to expect, and combines them with performance-based competitions and awards.

Registration for the Rockstar Social Club begins on April 15th and anyone can sign up with their Xbox Gamertag and/or a PlayStation Network ID.

GTA IV, the first game featured on the Rockstar Social Club, has exciting features beyond multiplayer leaderboards, including:

LCPD Police Blotter -- A virtual map and tracker of single-player criminal activity logged in Liberty City from the aggregated data of millions of connected players - showing the most dangerous areas of town, most commonly used weapons and more.

The Story Gang -- This special single-player leaderboard recognizes players who complete Niko Bellic’s main story arc of Grand Theft Auto IV - The leaderboard ranks players according to the total amount of playing time it's taken to complete the story, as well as a historical rank by who has completed it first. Members of this club will receive special online widgets and merit badges marking all of their in-game accomplishments.

The 100% Club -- Watch to see who will be the first to complete 100% of the game. The first ten people to be identified on the Social Club as reaching 100% will be sent an ultra-rare commemorative 'key to the city' to mark their accomplishment. In the future, the 100% Club will then carry a historical leaderboard showing rankings of who has completed 100% of a game in the shortest span of playing hours.

The Hall of Fame -- This area will dynamically recognize those singularly elite players who have reached the top of the hill on various statistical leaderboards, and will also contain a personal awards display of special in-game landmarks and successes in Social Club competitions.

The Liberty City Marathon -- A ranking of special physical milestones achieved in the game - from the amount of miles walked, driven, or swam - to the number of bullets fired and stunt-jumps jumped. There will be additional special marathon-based competitions in the future from this area as well.

The Rockstar Social Club doesn’t stop there. With special competitions, leaderboards and challenges rolling out regularly in the weeks and months following the game’s release, this is just the beginning of an on-going Liberty City experience and is a small taste of what’s to come from Rockstar Games for GTA IV and beyond…

Head over to rockstargames.com/socialclub today!