NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Would anyone recommend Lost Oddysey or any other 360 RPGs?

Many will recommend Eternal Sonata but I never got into it ( really should fire that back up again ) I LOVED Blue Dragon as I like traditional turn based RPGs, so if thats your thing then snap that up.

Both of those are cheap now. Look around (CEX) you could find them for a tenner each. Game have Eternal Sonata at £25 I think, maybe £15.

I'm playing Golden Sun at the moment, which is awesome. Which one feels the most like Golden Sun? The reason I ask is because I got Final Fantasy IV a while ago and just couldn't get into it, it felt like a real chore.

Lost Odyssey is far better than Eternal Sonata and Blue Dragon in story, battle system and graphics. Best jrpg I have played since FFXII. Eternal Sonata is decent, so buy it if you find it cheap. Play may still have it for 17.98. Blue Dragon is definitively the worst of the three, but if you really want it, VG+ has it for about 10 GBP. It's region free.

Blue Dragon is much like FF I've heard/read. Only played FFX which I found utterly boring. The fighting was irritating. Eternal Sonata lets you control your characters in battle; running around and attacking then forming combos with harmony chains. That's why I like it so. Plus it looks incredible.

I'm playing Golden Sun at the moment, which is awesome. Which one feels the most like Golden Sun? The reason I ask is because I got Final Fantasy IV a while ago and just couldn't get into it, it felt like a real chore.

Nothing feels like Golden Sun! ^^

Yeah I really feel Golden Sun is quite unique. Man I loved that game. Djiin are so fucking awesome.

Yeah I really feel Golden Sun is quite unique. Man I loved that game. Djiin are so fucking awesome.

Indeed.

Btw, can I put rechargeable batteries in the play and charge kit or do I need to use the normal chargeR?

FLINT SMASH

Blue Dragon is much like FF I've heard/read. Only played FFX which I found utterly boring. The fighting was irritating. Eternal Sonata lets you control your characters in battle; running around and attacking then forming combos with harmony chains. That's why I like it so. Plus it looks incredible.

I think I'll go with Eternal Sonata. I remember playing the demo, which was pretty good. I've decided to stick with single player titles on the 360, since my router seems to hate Live.

Nothing feels like Golden Sun! ^^

Indeed. I just picked it up, I'm heading over to McCoy's barricade now. It's got fantastic gameplay and a great storyline... Wait this is the 360 topic. :heh: I'll make a thread in Handheld.

Bugger! My 360 just got the RROD. :(

However, after a few attempts, it seems to be working again (as in it booted to the dashboard, I haven't tried it with a game yet.) What should I do?

EDIT: I just tried DMC4, and it crashed on the first loading screen. I switched the 360 off, switched it back on, and it's back at the dashboard again with no probs. I seriously don't know what to do atm. :/

EDIT 2: Okay, it finally kept doing the RROD, I've phoned up the support centre and it's sorted now. I'm just waiting for the e-mail that has the postage labels...

I think I'll go with Eternal Sonata. I remember playing the demo, which was pretty good.

Nooo, Lost Odyssey!

I recommend Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey over Eternal Sonata by miles.

Blue Dragon is unfairly bashed with the best gameplay of the three plus it has no damn random encounters except the storyline is simple. You need to play beyond the first hour to get to grips with the job/skills system and battle system with the Charge meter letting you decide the order of turns and power of all attacks. Also you either love or hate Akira Toriyama's art style in the game.

Lost Odyssey is alright the storyline is average there is more storyline than in Blue Dragon but it's often overshadowed by a set of short stories that you can read each time you sleep in a inn, it's written seperately by famous Japanese novelist Kiyoshi Shigematsu.

It's more old school but still enjoyable with simple Attack, Skills, Magic and defend commands but no summons and special attacks.

Both are TURN BASED RPG's and have great soundtracks from Nobou Uematsu.

I really don't like Blue Dragon, the characters, the design, the fighting system, the... blue dragons. I just think it sucks. I've tried a few times to get into it and I just can't bring myself to care about anything. Probably my least played and least enjoyed 360 game (along with GRAW2)

On another note: woo :D finished Mass Effect as femshep and got teh 3vil ending and did lesbian romancin with Liara. Awesomes. Although the latter aspect was just uncomfortable to watch. Maybe cos my girlfriend was there when I did it. Looking forward to going through as a Paragon with biotic abilities on the next difficulty up. Anyone bought the additional content?

Btw, can I put rechargeable batteries in the play and charge kit or do I need to use the normal battery charger?

plzkthxbai

Why is COD4 so damn addictive!!!??

I'm so glad my one month free trial is ending soon...I've got exams that need passing in June!!

anyone got condemned 2 that fancys a bit of an online beating?

Why is COD4 so damn addictive!!!??

I'm so glad my one month free trial is ending soon...I've got exams that need passing in June!!

Once you get good with snipers. eg the 50 Cal or R700 it get's even better imo! :smile:

Once you get good with snipers. eg the 50 Cal or R700 it get's even better imo! :smile:

no way man, I hate snipers! Totally not my kinda thing....I prefer the 'Rambo' approach. Run and gun baby, run and gun.

Also, I just wanted to add that people on Live act like dickheads. Its like as soon as they go online, they just turn into pricks. I really think they go under some sort of transformation. Tbh I'm not that fussed...I don't bother with my headset...just laugh at them lol. :heh:

Rock Band (only for Xbox360) in EU.

Release: 22.05.2008

Prices:

Rock Band Software - 69,99 €

Rock Band Guitar Wireless - 79,99 €

Rock Band Drum - 89,99 €

Rock Band Bundle (complete) - 169,99 €

bv86h.jpg

Sega Superstars Tennis demo is up.

It quite good fun. The demo lets you do single or 2-player matches on a few courses with 2 characters, plus 1 minigame but ends out on the "match point" serve of every game (you get to do a few rounds, though).

Bad things are the powers and that the controls sometimes don't work.

Prices:

Rock Band Drum - 89,99 €

bv86h.jpg

is that for real dante? If so, that would mean the whole package would cost a whopping £135!! Is it just me, or is that bloody expensive for the complete thing?:shakehead :shakehead :heh: :heh:

Those screens look so awesome ^^ I really loved Ninja Gaiden Black / Sigma, so this is gonna be a must buy for me, will get the demo too :) and the game is apparently due out a week before MGS4, excellent timing.

*Edit*

Third pic down is now my new desktop background. :P

Prices:

Rock Band Drum - 89,99 €

bv86h.jpg

Where did you get this info? 22 May?? Finally, a date! But... £134. That's fucking ridiculous. Especially as the graph indicates, it should be £85. The meme you posted is perfect, must be a 4chan effort.