NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Just got DMC4 through the post today...looking forward to playing it...just wondering what the difficulty is like? I was slightly put off by how hard DMC3 was.

The easiest difficulty isn't that hard really. I only died twice throughout it. Probably because I'd never played a DMC game before.

The easiest difficulty isn't that hard really. I only died twice throughout it. Probably because I'd never played a DMC game before.

Cheers mate.

BTW just wanted to point out that as a new 360 owner, prices for games are much cheaper than I expected!

DMC4 = £20 (amazon.co.uk)

Gears of War = £18 (play.com)

Bioshock = £25 (amazon.co.uk)

PGR4 = £18 (play.com)

Halo 3 = £25 (play.com)

Mass Effect = £25 (play.com)

Crackdown = £15 (amazon.co.uk)

:smile: :smile:

Guys one thing I'm curious about is the match making system on live. The only game I have is COD4 but its annoying when having to play against people who are so much better than me, have better weapons, perks etc. Isn't there a way to play people who are similarly levelled up as yourself?

COD4 doesnt have matchmaking as far as I know. Halo does. You'll just have to learn and get better whilst playing against people you know are better than you.

COD4 doesnt have matchmaking as far as I know. Halo does. You'll just have to learn and get better whilst playing against people you know are better than you.

thats annoying. :heh:

Cheers mate.

BTW just wanted to point out that as a new 360 owner, prices for games are much cheaper than I expected!

DMC4 = £20 (amazon.co.uk)

Gears of War = £18 (play.com)

Bioshock = £25 (amazon.co.uk)

PGR4 = £18 (play.com)

Halo 3 = £25 (play.com)

Mass Effect = £25 (play.com)

Crackdown = £15 (amazon.co.uk)

:smile: :smile:

You should head down to Gamestation, they've literally got tons of games on their 2-for-£40 and £30 ranges.

Also, just bought CoD4, which is probably overdue as it's one of the games that sold me the 360 in the first place. So far pretty solid stuff. And I think I know how to undersell things.

I thought CoD4 went off that Truskill thing. I could be making that up though.

I'm finally on xbox live!! Add me under the gamertag CitizenInsane3, I have tried adding some of you already. Anyone still play halo on here?

I thought CoD4 went off that Truskill thing. I could be making that up though.

I dunno. All I know is when I played it, being I don't know what rank but I'm midway ish, there's people who have done all the ranks and stuff and have that symbol to say they've done so and there have been really really low ranked people in the same room as me.

I do ipaul :D

I was thinking about the NE Halo 3 night the other day, we should do that again with the new maps :D

I do ipaul :D

I was thinking about the NE Halo 3 night the other day, we should do that again with the new maps :D

We should do it again just before the new maps, too. Then everyone should have all the same maps.

Finally got the Sniper and Renegade achievements on Mass Effect :D really enjoying the plot of this game, and the action packed parts, but some of it is kinda slow.... and the game itself is quite flawed... the engine is so glitchy. I'm really looking forward to a second play through so that I can be a paragon (which seems rediculously easy compared to being a renegade - aka a total bastard).

Just got DMC4 through the post today...looking forward to playing it...just wondering what the difficulty is like? I was slightly put off by how hard DMC3 was.

It's quite a lot easier than DMC3 was at first I think, watching other newcomers to the series playing. I remember when I started DMC3 I struggled quite a lot with the first boss, and it ended up unlocking easy mode for me out of pity :heh: but I stuck with the game and by the time I got through it, I had figured out how to play well, and hard mode up was no issue. The DMC series really demands that you stick with it until you get it, so that you can really enjoy it. That said, DMC4 breaks the mold a little, in that I've seen people waltz through 'Human' (normal) mode a bit too easily. I went straight in on 'Demon Hunter' (hard) and found that quite easy too.

Agh I bought a used play and charge kit some time ago, but I just needed it now, cause the batteries held on. But the battery it came with must be screwed, because it stays red for lik 2 seconds, then turns green like it's fully charged, but it's not...

Any suggestions? Not that much can be done :P

We should do it again just before the new maps, too. Then everyone should have all the same maps.

I meant with the Heroic map pack :wink:

Guys one thing I'm curious about is the match making system on live. The only game I have is COD4 but its annoying when having to play against people who are so much better than me, have better weapons, perks etc. Isn't there a way to play people who are similarly levelled up as yourself?

be less crap... sorry.. no but just hang in there.. i got my ass whupped so much in the beginning but now I also do some whuppin.. it can be frustrating at first though.. but as with everything (almost) you get better with practice

move and fire move and fire.. and to quote "The Rock" (movie).. "Never hesitate"

I dunno. All I know is when I played it, being I don't know what rank but I'm midway ish, there's people who have done all the ranks and stuff and have that symbol to say they've done so and there have been really really low ranked people in the same room as me.

thats what they said. It goes off your actual skill not your rank.

Agh I bought a used play and charge kit some time ago, but I just needed it now, cause the batteries held on. But the battery it came with must be screwed, because it stays red for lik 2 seconds, then turns green like it's fully charged, but it's not...

Any suggestions? Not that much can be done :P

My batteries the same. I've just charged it until it went green and a couple hours later it's flashing at me for a charge. I plug it in and it's green in a few minutes. Take it out and it's flashing at me again. Can't be arsed buying a new battery.

I don't bother with those play and charge kits. I just bought a standard battery charger, bought some rechargeable batteries and hey presto, you're sorted! Since I bought my 360 2 weeks ago, I still haven't changed my pair of batteries! Awesome.

I don't bother with those play and charge kits. I just bought a standard battery charger, bought some rechargeable batteries and hey presto, you're sorted! Since I bought my 360 2 weeks ago, I still haven't changed my pair of batteries! Awesome.

Agreed. I got a charger and four rechargable batteries for £10, and I got a second charger with 4 more as a gift. If they all happen to run out (i.e. when I'm 3-playering a lot - I only have 3 controllers) then I use some backup batteries until the rechargable ones are full (the backup ones haven't run out yet and I've been using them since November).