N-Europe

Playstation Discussion Archive

CooInTheZoo

PS3.IGN: Most of the titles on display at the booth had a box beside the instruction sheet. The boxes are variations on Blu-Ray disk cases, with a translucent top section in place of the unsightly blue that's starting high-definition movie collections off on the wrong foot.

Sony reps stated that while these cases aren't final, we can expect the retail packaging to look extremely close to what's being shown on the floor

tgs-2006-ps3-packages-20060923042243499.jpg tgs-2006-ps3-packages-20060923042245139.jpg

tgs-2006-ps3-packages-20060923042246998.jpg tgs-2006-ps3-packages-20060923042248202.jpg

tgs-2006-ps3-packages-20060923042249405.jpg tgs-2006-ps3-packages-20060923042250545.jpg

tgs-2006-ps3-packages-20060923042252045.jpg tgs-2006-ps3-packages-20060923042253123.jpg

Box Arts

Playstation 1

granturismo2(ps1).jpg

Playstation 2

granturismo4(ps2).jpg

Playstation 3

tgs-2006-ps3-packages-20060923042245139.jpg

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sony has announced its first party release schedule for PlayStation 3 in Japan.

November 11

* Genji 2: Days of the Blade (Game Republic)

* Resistance: Fall of Man (Insomniac)

December 06

* Gran Turismo HD (Polyphony Digital)

* Formula 1 (Sony)

* MotorStorm (Evolution)

Spring 2007

* Heavenly Sword (Ninja Theory)

* Lair (Factor 5)

* Monster Kingdom: Unknown Realm (Game Republic)

* The Eye of Judgment (Sony)

* Warhawk (Sony)

Summer 2007

* Boku no Natsuyasumi 3 (Sony)

* Minna no Golf 5 [Hotshot Golf 5] (Sony)

* Afrika (Sony)

TBA

* Flow (Sony)

* White Knight Story: Shirokishi (Level 5)

the-magicbox.com

^ hmmmm...

I certainly wasn't expecting Gran Turismo HD and MotorStorm in December, nor Resistance Fall of Man on launch. I was expecting warhawk 3 on launch though.

As for Genji... Giant Crab with real-time weapon change on launch.

Seems like no launch games use the "revolutionary" stolen features of the controller. And seriously though... Japanese people don't like FPS that much, and Sony releases two games on launch, one of them FPS... Are they trying to make the japs buy a FPS?

You know what? I'm so pleased they delayed the PS3 launch here. It seems when our PS3 launches in Europe the amount of games availible on it, will be much more then what USA and Japan are getting this year.

So! We should get a great launch line-up next March! Hopefully including 'Heavenly Sword'.

About GT:HD

750 Cars x (let's go with) 50 cents = $375

50 tracks x (we'll again go with a middle ground) $3 = $150

The game = $60

---------------------------------

$585 for the whole experience, not factoring the $600 PS3

Great going Sony.

shit! and i thought M$ was bad.

also hate the idea of PAYING to download singstar songs AFTER i've bought the bloody game!

From IGN.

Following up on Ken Kutaragi's pre-TGS keynote address, Japanese site Impress Watch has posted the latest in its "Random Tracking" editorial series. This periodic feature is written by Munechika Nishida, a well-known contributor to the Asahi Shimbun newspaper and Ultra One PC magazine, and this latest update has some surprising revelations on the PS3.

To most gamers, the most eye-catching part of the feature is a claim about game prices. Citing "multiple information sources," the article states that the price of PS3 games will be concentrated in the 8,800 to 9,800 yen range. The primary reason given is the rising cost of development.

In Japan, the standard price of a PS2 game is 6,800 yen, with only the biggest titles like Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy rising to the 8,800 yen mark.

There's a deeper story to this price hike. According to the article, Sony was, as of E3, planning to alleviate cost pressures on 3rd parties by lowering royalty costs. The thinking at the time was that users would be able to create their own games and distribute them online throught he PS3, and Sony would not be able to charge royalties for such titles. The company would want to offer 3rd parties a similar pricing environment, with the savings from royalty costs passed on to consumers in the form of lower software prices.

However, this strategy has apparently been put on hold as Sony has been unable to complete preparations for turning the PS3 into an open platform. The article claims that Sony has made no progress in the preparations for allowing users to make their own games. Such preparations include a development environment, manuals, security management and community features.

It should come as no surprise that preparations have been delayed, as the article also claims that even support for 3rd party developers is lagging.

With the delay in progress towards an open platform, the site speculates that Sony is switching to a more traditional business model where the PS3 will be sold at a "surprisingly low price" and losses will be recouped on software royalties. This is the business model that was used for the PlayStation and PlayStation 2.

As part of this strategy shift, we could be seeing changes to Sony's plans for multiple PS3 SKUs. The article claims that while the 60 gigabyte PS3 will still be available, the company's focus will be shifted to the 20 gigabyte model. This is part of Sony's hope to change from a multi SKU business model to a single SKU model. The article cites as a source software distribution firms which noticed, at the end of August, a change in Sony's marketing approach for the PS3.

Some big revelations to be sure. We should be able to get a grasp on how accurate Nishida's sources were as PS3 pricing and shipment details become available in the coming weeks.

I reckon PS3 games will be £49.99-£59.99

Not good, your right.

I don't like spending anymore then £39.99 on a game really, unless it's really important.

I refuse to spend more than £40 on a game actually, there has been only one time when I spent more than that, Perfect Dark on the N64 was £50, but I was swapping in 2 games I got for Christmas that were for the PS1 (I didn't have a PS1).

£50 is too much to pay for a game, I don't buy any games in store now for the 360 because they're to expensive. I prefer buying them instore, and would if they were £40, but I'm not going to pay £10 extra.

I doubt Sony will go over Microsoft's price point for games, if they do they just shoot themselves in the foot again.

bringing the lower spec PS3 down in price and adding back in some features they had taken out fixes the mistake they made at first, and makes it pretty comparable to the 360

PS3 games will cost up to $100 (£52 converting directly, £61 inc. VAT...possibly up to £64.99, then)

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=34617

:cry:

thank god i dont wanna get one for years- its bad enough paying 30 quid for a 360 preowned game!

is it just me or did the PS3 have a stupidly good TGS-lair looks fun and so does white knight story (are they sure thats real time?!?!?!?!)

cant wait for X06 though.