Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Not really...I don't think I've ever seen it on DVD in any shops. I remember seeing the video of it years ago and it's one of those memories that stick in your head.

Surely Apocalypse Now is far more essential film of his to have seen? (I have it on video actually, but hate videos)

If you've not even heard of Jack then I can't take your film taste seriously.

I don't think I've ever heard of it...

All this talk about Jack made me want to watch it again as I have it on VHS :p. It's one of my favourite movies of all-time, I love it.

Wait...does Robin Williams play an adult with the mental age of a kid? I think I actually have seen it.

Since reading Pit-Jr's post, I decided to give this another try. I still don't like it. I like the idea of using the camcorder but I just didn't like the movie. I thought it was seriously boring in parts.

1/10

I watched the film based on other people saying it was real and i didn't bother researching it myself so watching it in ignorant bliss was great! The boring parts just made it that much more believable as camcorder footage. Bear in mind this also came out during a time when 'Scream' and 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' were the standard horror bearers. Speaking of which......

I Still Know What You Did Last Summer

Id normally skip this but it being Halloween i decided to sit though it again. Theres absolutely nothing horror about this. The setting (a tropical island) and the antagonist (a guy with a hook) are laughable at best. Worth it only to see Jack Black get slaughtered 2/10

Good solid movie.

A few flaws.

Film wise, it felt a little rushed in places, especially the way the main character is at the start.

But, also...

3D wise I felt a little disappointed.

I can't be bothered to go into detail why; this isn't a 3D thread.

Good/10.

Are you questioning me? Jack is by far his best film. Every self-respecting movie lover knows this.

(at what point do I post an unrelated gif to sum up my indecipherable feelings?)

DAMN STRAIGHT! I second this. It's a movie I can watch four times in a row and not get bored. It's a classic to me. :p

Well I watched It last night and was pleasantly surprised. I've not read the book, but based on his Dark Tower stuff I'd say the film tried rather hard to squeeze in the narrative. I hear it's supposed to be a 3 hour film/originally going to be a mini-series, and I guess it is a bit too long, but I did enjoy the element each of the 7 people brought to the ka-tet... and really I just wonder if I saw the end of the movie at all (bathtub?) because I only saw a 90 min version... Any tips, folks?

beep beep, Richie / 10

I saw the It with Tim Curry a few years back. Was alot worse than I was expecting. Wasn't shit to the point that I wouldn't watch it again though.

Are you questioning me? Jack is by far his best film. Every self-respecting movie lover knows this.

(at what point do I post an unrelated gif to sum up my indecipherable feelings?)

Bullshit. Aladdin is the way.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

'Fraid not Paj. I do admit I ballsed it up. I read up to Cube's post and got tired.

The Star Wars Saga

I think I'm one of the only people who actually enjoyed the prequel trilogy. One of the things that went against it was that it had alot to explain before the original trilogy came into play.

After all this time I cannot believe how foolish I was to think the Force Choke was a power only the Dark Side followers performed.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

It was Hallowe'en so I have a tradition. That tradition is on every Hallowe'en, I watch...

Hocuspocus.jpg

Hocus Pocus

Still remains one of my favourite movies from my childhood and is still one of my favourite movies now.

9/10

Saw_1_v1.jpg

Saw

Gonna watch all of the movies before going to watch the sixth one sometime this week. Obviously my score is...

9/10

Rumour Has It...

I was bored and it was in the DVD pile. It had Jennifer Aniston playing herself, but had Kevin Costner and Shirley Maclaine who are good actors.

Overall quite standard, but at least had a semi-original starting point.

5.5/10

bd_bsg_theplan_3d.jpg

All over the place. 80% of it was clips from the series. Atrociously edited. There were some good bits and as a whole I thought it was a nice addition to BSG. Worth a watch but don't expect anything in quality beyond a DVD extra.

6/10

dreamgirls12f053327ww5.jpg

Dreamgirls

I wanted to watch this because of Jennifer Hudson. I seriously enjoyed this so much. Jennifer Hudson's voice is so awesome, Beyonce was great in it as well but Jennifer stole it for me with her singing 'And I am telling you' and 'One Night Only'.

9/10

Dreamgirls

Jennifer Hudson was beyond fantastic. The entire bit around her "I'm Telling You" performance was absolutely stunning. Made the film for me.

Bridget Jones

Didn't expect anything amazing, but was totally surprised. I loved some of the situations she managed to get herself into, and she was beyond cute throughout. Her friends were brilliant, and for once I didn't find Hugh Grant horrendously annoying. Genuinely lovely and funny to watch.

Bridget Jones: The Edge Of Reason

Again, it was brilliantly fun to watch. But it came across a little more...forced. As in the situations she got herself into seemed more to have been made just to cause humor rather than to further her characters development.

Pretty Woman

I saw it under the sofa and thought "...Why not". I ended up loving it to bits. It started a little slow and her relationship with him seemed to move ridiculously quickly...but for some reason that just didn't seem to matter. Sweet ending too.

Dreamgirls

Jennifer Hudson was beyond fantastic. The entire bit around her "I'm Telling You" performance was absolutely stunning. Made the film for me.

I know right, her voice is absolutely stunning! I'm listening to the soundtrack on Spotify right now. The thing is, 'and I am telling you' is on repeat :p