Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Paranormal Activity

i hate films like this, to me they are like train wrecks - i just cant look away. it was okay, but surprisingly not as scary as i thought it would be.

6/10

Nah, I never found it scary either, I found it a tad creepy and I don't believe in stuff like that.

hr_resident_evil_degeneration_dvd_cover.jpg

Resident Evil Degeneration

Fantastic at the beginning, true Resident Evil style. The ending was a bit...meh.

7/10

Yesterday, I went to watch UP with the Eeenoooo. I can safely say that we both enjoyed it, and have both hissed at Shorteh's comments on facebook about eet.

I thought the introduction to the film was quite sweet. I went into the film knowing very little about it, and I think that served me quite well. I loved the way the film was created and how everything looked visually. We decided not to see the 3D version, but I would be quite interested in seeing what the differences are between these two versions.

The funniest character by far has to be Dug. Each of his lines had me and Ine in stitches. In particular, the joke about the Squirrel being dead. I was still laughing about it for minutes afterwards. We've been quoting his stuff all day. SQUIRREL! POINT!

I don't think there were many moments where I thought "ahh, I didn't like that." It all feels very complete, and I'm very pleased we went to see that film yesterday. As for the rating, we think 8.5/10 sounds very fair.

I went to see it again today, this time in 2D ^_^ Less enjoyable this time (could also be due to the half term causing an infestation within the cinema and the cinema itself being shit). I noticed less depth that's for sure.

"I do not like the cone of shame :("

Saw VI

Meh/10

I'll continue to watch them.

I've heard good things about it from people. Like it's much like the first and second Saw and nothing like the others. It's intrigued me more, damn me having no money! :hmm:

lion-king-DVDcover.jpg

The Lion King

Be Prepared is such a catchy song, haha. I love the Lion King, definitely a classic!

9/10

hairspray-poster-425.jpg

Hairspray

Someone reviewed this on here (likely to be Slaggis :p) and it got me wanting to watch it again. Love Queen Latifah, she's an awesome singer and actress. 'I Know Where I've Been' is just a great song and John Travolta in drag! Hilarious! :grin:. Also, I forgot how much I love Amanda Bynes, haha.

8/10

Edited by Animal

The Lion King is such an achievement. The fact that it's technically a kids' film, but manages to be engaging for an adult audience, whilst balancing the comic relief really well, by integrating the "joke" characters like Timone and Pumba ans Zsazu into the storyline.

And the soundtrack and animation are too good.

I've heard good things about it from people. Like it's much like the first and second Saw and nothing like the others. It's intrigued me more, damn me having no money! :hmm:

lion-king-DVDcover.jpg

The Lion King

Be Prepared is such a catchy song, haha. I love the Lion King, definitely a classic!

9/10

hairspray-poster-425.jpg

Hairspray

Someone reviewed this on here (likely to be Slaggis :p) and it got me wanting to watch it again. Love Queen Latifah, she's an awesome singer and actress. 'I Know Where I've Been' is just a great song and John Travolta in drag! Hilarious! :grin:. Also, I forgot how much I love Amanda Bynes, haha.

8/10

Well in my opinion Saw 2 and Saw are WORLDS apart in terms of everything.

I'd certainly say it tries hard at a decent plot, unlike 3 and 4. I think I'd say

Saw >>> Saw 5 > Saw 6 > Saw 2 > Saw 3 > Saw 4

Saw 9/10 (modern horror classic IMO)

Saw V 6/10

Saw VI 5/10

Saw II 5/10

Saw III 4/10

Saw IV 3.5/10

Blair Witch Project I watched this back when it was marketed as a real documentary and it was terrifying! Since then its been a tradition to watch it every Halloween just to get me in the mood. Brilliant or total gimmick depending on the viewer. I personally loved the concept! 9/10

Blair Witch 2: Book of Shadows as a sequel to a faux-documentary, it was doomed from the start. Its a mildly entertaining flick on its own though, more unintentional comedy than horror. 6/10

blair_witch_project.jpg

Blair Witch Project

Since reading Pit-Jr's post, I decided to give this another try. I still don't like it. I like the idea of using the camcorder but I just didn't like the movie. I thought it was seriously boring in parts.

1/10

ca.jpg

Charlie's Angels

I like this movie. I think it's not the best movie but still it's enjoyable. All three of them, hot (especially Lucy Liu)! Gonna watch Full Throttle tomorrow.

7/10

Urgh...

The scariest part of the Blair Witch Project is that they managed to get some people to believe it was real through the viral campaign.

Still do this date I argue with people who still think it was real.

Stupid people....

Still do this date I argue with people who still think it was real.

Stupid people....

Yup, I argued with some people when I told them I watched the movie and it was shit. They was saying it's fantastic because it all actually happened. I keep saying to them "IT'S NOT!!!" lol.

Up!

up-poster-2.jpg

Surprisingly amazing! :grin:sooooooo good. Heart warming in everyway. A terrific tale that gets the balance for children and adults just right! The first five minutes are gut wrenchingly emotional, I almost cried.

The story was brilliant and expertly told. I cared about the characters involved and it still had the usual pixar flare and humour. :)

I tell you were the tears got to me in this film

Right at the end when Russel is about to recieve his badge and there is no one to collect it with him then Carl appears and then hands him the badge Elle gives him as a small child.

and cue tears running down the side of my face. I was so happy at that moment. My eyes have gone a bit watery just thinking about it! :p

9/10 one of my favourite if not my favourite film of the year! :D

Zombieland

zombieland-poster-final.jpg

I saw this straight after and thus it had a hard act to follow. I thought it was a lot of fun and delivered what I wanted from the movie. I wish it had a few more interactions with the Zombies but it was a great ride from start to finish but something stopped it from elevating it into awesome like Shaun of the Dead.

7/10

Bram Stoker's Dracula (Francis Ford Coppola)

Never seen any films by him, and assumed that they'd all be amazing since the Godfather is so screamed over.

I kinda hated it all. For the first 20 or so minutes I was like "WTF is this. I hate this.". Then it became visually interesting in a kinda endearingly lack-of-good-effects way. I hated Keanu Reeves still, he was awful the entire film. I think there were good performances in it, but I couldn't really tell. I know it was intentionally melodramatic and OTT, but it felt really shoddily directed, on what must have been a shoestring budget, the fact you knew every scene was a soundstage (complete with "Sunset" backdrop!) really annoyed. There was some really lovely camera work, but it felt so discordant with the other camera work it just didn't work. The pacing was terrible as well.

I liked the fact they amped up the sexual aspects, making it very lustful and shit. But...I still don't understand why this is so well-loved. Gary Oldman was good, yeah, but I didn't get how Dracula looked different in EVERY scene. He had 15 different transformations that all looked vaguely the same or completely different? Luminous green fog a la Anastacia, and then a million rats? (that possibly highlights possible influences on future films?). And what's the Rape-wolf's bag? Was that Dracula? Or just a wolf? It was in a zoo...I'm in such a tizz.

4/10