N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

I-Robot

Stars Will Smith in a part robot part human futuristic Chicago. It's only my second viewing of this movie, i still think this is an awesome movie and one of my personal favorite Smith movies (others include Enemy of the State and I Am Legend)

9/10

Zombieland

That was freaking sweet. Its only the second film I've seen him in, but Jesse Eidenberg is totally awesome. I was slightly worried he might be a bit of a one trick pony, but emotionally he was a lot different from his character in Adventureland. The cast was amazing IMO, all four of the main characters were interesting, and funny. Obviously hot chick is sexual. Woody is amazing. The cameo was sweet.

The violence was ridiculously OTT, and funny and I loved the running theme and text placement of "The Rules"

And the fricking FINALE

WAS IN A THEME PARK!!!!!!!!!

thats just begging me to love it.

8.9/10

:o:bouncy:

Halloween II

Begged my mate over the phone to see Up instead and she said she "Didn't like Pixar films" as she thought "Kung Fu Panda was shit" Yes, I DID point out that KFP isn't Pixar but by then her mind had been made up - Up was going to be shit and she wanted to go and see anything else so this was her choice.

It was okay. Typical slasher movie, took itself a bit too seriously in parts but all in all there were many unintended LOL's. Completely average but I enjoyed myself as, unlike the rest of the theatre that night, I find horror killings hilarious. Wouldn't ever want to see it again.

After we got out she said she hated it and wished we'd gone to seen Up. "I'd watched the trailer after we got off the phone and it looks pretty good actually"..... GRAH! Why she didn't tell me this between our phone call and buying tickets at the cinema I'll never know. I just hope Up is still around at our tiny little cinema next week.

Halloween II

Begged my mate over the phone to see Up instead and she said she "Didn't like Pixar films" as she thought "Kung Fu Panda was shit" Yes, I DID point out that KFP isn't Pixar but by then her mind had been made up - Up was going to be shit and she wanted to go and see anything else so this was her choice.

It was okay. Typical slasher movie, took itself a bit too seriously in parts but all in all there were many unintended LOL's. Completely average but I enjoyed myself as, unlike the rest of the theatre that night, I find horror killings hilarious. Wouldn't ever want to see it again.

After we got out she said she hated it and wished we'd gone to seen Up. "I'd watched the trailer after we got off the phone and it looks pretty good actually"..... GRAH! Why she didn't tell me this between our phone call and buying tickets at the cinema I'll never know. I just hope Up is still around at our tiny little cinema next week.

She could have said something to you, Up is a wicked movie. I'm so sorry you had to sit through that shite. :(

So...I just joined LoveFilm on a free trial thing, "WORTH 18.99!?" apparently, but it seems I'll only get charged if I rent 3 DVD's, so I'm gonna get 2 for now, and see how that works out.

Question is, I can't think of a second film. I'm gonna get Manderlay, the sequel to Dogville by Lars Von Trier, but need something else. Any recommendations? Not at all into comedy films or romcoms or anything. Likewise shit action films. I like more thoughtful stuff...think it was Ganepark that recommended me Waking Life, and that was great.

Or even a TV show to get the first series of?

Sixteen Candles

I was so unimpressed. A shite script, with a story of no substance. The fact that the whole film was about her trying to win a guy she'd never spoken to before said alot.

Lacked any sort of soul. A shite, shite copycat mess of The Breakfast Club (which is TOO stunning).

3/10

---------

Alice In The Cities

I don't think I got the point of the film. It was just scenes of them travelling about. About an hour longer than it needed to be, since there were loads of scenes of them just driving about...?

Alice was played by a really great actress, where the adult actors seemed a bit wooden. She managed to make the portrayal of the relationship heart-warming and cute.

Technically a really boring film, and quite miserable throughout. Felt pointless, but then not, because it's lovely to have the feeling you've watched a friendship bloom.

5/10

So...I just joined LoveFilm on a free trial thing, "WORTH 18.99!?" apparently, but it seems I'll only get charged if I rent 3 DVD's, so I'm gonna get 2 for now, and see how that works out.

Question is, I can't think of a second film. I'm gonna get Manderlay, the sequel to Dogville by Lars Von Trier, but need something else. Any recommendations? Not at all into comedy films or romcoms or anything. Likewise shit action films. I like more thoughtful stuff...think it was Ganepark that recommended me Waking Life, and that was great.

Or even a TV show to get the first series of?

Try Before Sunrise... also by Linklater (Who directed Waking Life) It's a really interesting film about just two people who meet on a train. Then Before Sunset is similarly good and follows on very nicely....

Impossible. I've recommended those exact films and that exact director to paj at least twice before.

(but high-five for liking them :P I'm sure we've exchanged pleasantries 'bout it before, too)

I don't believe you.

Or if you did, I wasn't listening.

One of the two. I'll add Before Sunrise.

The Orphan

Possibly one of the greatest things I have witnessed.

I went to this expecting a mediocre horror flick and what I got was a hilarious comedy hidden in this horror flick and somebody forgot to tell the director.

Everybody in the cinema laughed at this films attempt at horror and attempts to be tense.

I have rarely had so much fun watching a film, and not because it was good.

I really don't do the out of 10 score thing, but in this case an exception must be made!

10/10

Solaris

Good story (? I didn't really understand it...), but pointlessly, pointlessly long. As in, there's a 5 minute scene with a camera attached to the front of a car on a motorway. And most of the start seems really irrelevant to the rest of the film (probably means something though).

It was cool though.

6/10

Surrogates

One of the worst films I've ever seen. Fucking abysmal. Though it had Bruce Willis in, I should have expected this.

Saw 2

Decided to attempt to watch it on my own last night considering it was on television. I must have been hidden behind my huge pillow for about half of the movie. Had it just been that group in the house, it would have been a lot better. Instead they chose to bore the audience with a crappy side-story about a bad father and whatnot.

Ew

Edited by Slaggis