N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Charlies Angels / Charlies Angles: Full Throttle

I love these movies so damn much, and most of that is down to the great casting. The movies just wouldn't be the same without Diaz, Liu and Barrymore. Massive amounts of cheesyness/sluttyness/over the top action makes for a really enjoyable hour and a half for both movies. Barrymoore is oddly sexual in both, considering out of the movies she doesn't look half as good.

The second one wins out of the two for me though, purely because of the opening sequence and the huge finale. I'd forgotten just how violent and yet totally cheesy it was. When Moore falls to her death in a massive fire ball and Liu says "She's SO fired" it had me in hysterics.

Hilarious/Slutty/Over the top action. Yay for news of a third slowly developing too.

8 for both.

Two of my favourite films right there. Lucy Liu. :heart:

Ermm.. let me see.

Coolness Bears Home Movies:

not a movie per se but we spent 2 hours watching old home videos that had just been placed on DVD. Boy I was chubby!

It's basically two hours of me falling over and no one caring. The first one is hilarious. I'm only two and I smash onto my face.

I'm still going to recommend 17 Again to everyone. Loved it.

I can't stress how much I de-recommend this film.

Look, I just said a really dumb word, I'm pretty sure I never said stupid words before seeing this movie. It's what it does to you.

I can't stress how much I de-recommend this film.

Look, I just said a really dumb word, I'm pretty sure I never said stupid words before seeing this movie. It's what it does to you.

*reccomends it also*

Loved it. Purely for the "I'll be the lioness, and you can be the baby gazelle" comment, and the three slutty cheerleaders. "Disrespect me!...No Disrespect me!...You don't even have to remember my name!"

Edited by Slaggis

I'm not denying there were moments of low wit.

To be fair, I think I was just surprised by how not bad it was. I actually enjoyed a rom-com-teen-com-whatever-com with Zac Efron of all people. And I felt it was a well-execute sucess. I'm gonna buy the DVD...but I'd recommend it to anyone really. Especially those who wank over Efron (literally in Haggis' case). :heh:

To be fair, I think I was just surprised by how not bad it was. I actually enjoyed a rom-com-teen-com-whatever-com with Zac Efron of all people. And I felt it was a well-execute sucess. I'm gonna buy the DVD...but I'd recommend it to anyone really. Especially those who wank over Efron (literally in Haggis' case). :heh:

I'm denying nothing. But yes, I'll happily buy the dvd, though I'm yet to buy HSM3 even though I love it to bits. God, being a tramp has it's downsides.

Just watched Happiness of the Katakuris, as it was lent to us by Ashley about two months ago so it was about bloody time.

We somehow had confused ourselves into thinking it would be The Sound of Music meets Zombies... and it took 45 mins to pass before we said "... yeah there's not gonna be any zombies."

BUT! The film was whacked-out awesome. Bizarre and.. yeah. Great film. Laughed loads. AWesomeersr!

Haha - yeah of course :P want it sent?

--- Yeah there were zombies but we were even saying stuff like "I bet the grandpa dies first" or "the dog gets infected then bites the girl"...

A friend recommended me "Gozu" by the same director. He said he was totally weirded out after the first 30 mins and couldn't bear to continue - which is odd because he's a pretty damn weird chap as it is.

Mhm I've been meaning to check out more Miike. I believe his other stuff is more violent/graphic.

And yeah, send it at some point but probably best to wait for a few weeks when I move to my mothers to save the faff. I'll send you the address at some point.

Mhm I've been meaning to check out more Miike. I believe his other stuff is more violent/graphic.

And yeah, send it at some point but probably best to wait for a few weeks when I move to my mothers to save the faff. I'll send you the address at some point.

Cool on the addy. I've seen The Audition, which I think he did, and from what I saw there I would say he has a good eye for avoiding the cliché horror/terror/slasher angles "that build tension".

Katakuri's was great because it seemed to draw together a lot of influences. Stuff like Peter Jackson's Bad Taste and Braindead (claymation in particular, but general grossness), bollywood (the dance with Richard (gere lol - blatantly some Julia roberts nonsense right there)). I would say they didn't build up a good enough sense of isolation; while saying grandpa was selfish and a liar never surfaced and served just to make his character's nice turns more 'surprising', the constant supply of guests kinda jarred a little with their definition of 'isolated'... I'm losing the ability to talk smoothly here... I mean it always felt closed in and... Yeah. I'll stop now.

Crank 2

Silly, silly action. I quite liked it since it never really took itself seriously. Good for a mindless laugh.

7.5/10

I don't think I've even seen Crank yet but I was told that if I liked Shoot 'Em Up, The Transporter and district 13 I'd like this.

You seen Max Payne? Were you annoyed at the failure that it was?

I don't think I've even seen Crank yet but I was told that if I liked Shoot 'Em Up, The Transporter and district 13 I'd like this.

You seen Max Payne? Were you annoyed at the failure that it was?

Yeah. What little I actually remember of Max Payne was terrible. Except Mila Kunis. She was lovely. Shoot 'Em Up is probably a good comparison to the Crank movies. They're both intentionally silly.

I seem to remember District 13 being awesome too. I may have to dig that out and watch it soon.

Guest Jordan

Sunshine.

Great acting, amazing atmosphere, I was actually scared in some points! One of Boyle's best works.

9/10

Also watched Gran Turino last night. Very enjoyable. I wonder how the film would've been received if it was called Daisythough (I really liked the dog :P). Clint's clenched-theeth-barking is, as always, enthralling to watch, but the ending... well goddamn, Eastwood likes to martyr himself doesn't he? A tad predictable, but there were messages there all the same. Unforgiven is still my favourite of his directed movies (that I've seen.. and I've only seen two so far!).

The dude's, what, 70-odd? Nearly 80? He's had so much experience in the industry and worked with some great directors that he certainly has a great style. A lot of the story, if not all of it cut from one day to another while the same scene/setting was used, and it was interesting to see how his angle/POV shift helped the viewer avoid confusion. One shot, he walked up the driveway instead of up his steps, and the next he was sitting on his porch. Of course, the amount of times someone says "a couple of days ago" helps, too. Clint reserved all the best lines for himself too, which is a bit egotistical, non?

Got Million Dollar Baby, Mystic River and Letters from Iwo Jima ready to go too, mind you. I started MDB late last night, and Morgan Freeman's role means that while Eastwood can continue to hog the cool lines, we get to have another actor that excels most when he says nothing at all (no disrespect to the guy! I'm just saying he's a great reaction actor). And Hilary Swank! My, I've not seen a good movie with her in since The Next Karate Kid. LOL.

Sunshine.

Great acting, amazing atmosphere, I was actually scared in some points! One of Boyle's best works.

9/10

Was this on TV recently or something? Cause you and my friend just watched it, as did I... or just weird coincidence?

Anyways, amazing film. Great cinematography and soundtrack, wasn't a fan of the monster thing on first viewing but it wasn't so bad on repeat viewing

9.5 /10

Truman Show

I love this film :D Watched it with the girlfriend, it's great fun and really interestingly done. And Jim Carrey actually being good!! (Still need to see Eternal Sunshine though)

9.5 / 10

Edit:

Oh yeah and watched 28 Days Lateragain.

Kicks ass

9.5 / 10

Yeah go go 9.5s!!

Edited by dan-likes-trees

Hancock

Seriously, this is one guy not to mess with when he has a hangover. And don't call him an a**hole either.

Pretty good movie, just had that one flaw being

Brother, then Husband then Factory Produced. Make your minds up)

Other than that, a good movie to be fair 8.5/10

Haha - yeah of course :P want it sent?

--- Yeah there were zombies but we were even saying stuff like "I bet the grandpa dies first" or "the dog gets infected then bites the girl"...

A friend recommended me "Gozu" by the same director. He said he was totally weirded out after the first 30 mins and couldn't bear to continue - which is odd because he's a pretty damn weird chap as it is.

Gozu isn't bad, but it's not one of his best either.

Visitor Q

Audition

His best two.

The Bird People In China

Amazing.

Ichi the killer (you have to keep reminding yourself it's a satire, though)

Happiness of the katakuris

Rainy Dog

These three are good.

Gozu

Dead Or Alive trilogy

Cool. But a bit unnecessary.

Aladdin

It's a shame they don't make Disney films like this anymore. They should cut the CGI crap occasionally and give us a sexy hand drawn classic with some musical numbers.

Ten Shabba's

shabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpg

shabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpg

Aladdin is a great film! Indeed one of Disney's greats. And by the way, there will be a new traditional (2D) animation coming out from Disney at the end of the year. Glad they are going back to 2D finally. =)

Aladdin is a great film! Indeed one of Disney's greats. And by the way, there will be a new traditional (2D) animation coming out from Disney at the end of the year. Glad they are going back to 2D finally. =)

With singings? It's not going to be a direct-to-video sequel of something I hope.

With singings? It's not going to be a direct-to-video sequel of something I hope.

Apparently it will have songs yes. As wikipedia says it "will be an American fairy tale, Broadway-style musical set in the French Quarter of New Orleans."

Title is "The Princess and the Frog".

Wikipedia reference-linkThe_Princess_and_the_Frog

Official site: http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/princessandthefrog/

Is that The Princess and the Frog?

EDIT: IT IS!

Some Like it Hot

I watched this yesterday for the second time as it was on ITV3. :)

I really like it. I find it very funny and I think the actors performances are great.

5 and a half bears out of 7! :D

Isn't the girl in it also a new addition to the official Disney Princesses?

It's a massive deal to Disney fans apparently/ (Also, the Disney Princess line effectively saved the marketing dept of Disney from folding)