N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

I love Sigourney Weaver at the end of Aliens.

The definition of sweating.

Sigourney gives a far better performance in Alien.

There's some classic moments in that film. The speech that Oxigen pointed out, that's really about Ripley:

"A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality."

That sums up Ripley in Alien. She's very by-the-book. At one stage, she even refuses to let Kane back into the ship, even though leaving him outside could result in him dying.

I was watching one of the trailers for Alien a while ago, and you can tell it would have been so scarey watching the film for the first time in the cinema, because the trailer doesn't actually show the alien, it just shows people screaming.

I've actually had the pleasure of seeing Alien in the cinema! :D

A few years back, when they decided to release the Director's Cut. Our cinema in Newport played it for Halloween.

Fucking hell, that was so good. Completely different experience. :D

*hugs his Alien quadrilogy*

The original Alien3 idea and plot sounds so weird and cool. It tells you all about it on the DVD. It's like monks instead of convicts, and on a wooden planet, for a large joke. Also the Alien has a human mouth, and it kills you by kissing you, shoving it's crazy spiked tongue down your throat, which hooks on, then retracting it, thereby pulling your insidese out literally.

:o

If you mean this one, I totally agree:

Ripley: How do we kill it Ash? There got to be a way of killing it, how - HOW do we do it?

Ash: You can't.

Parker: That's bullshit.

Ash: You still don't understand what you're dealing with, do you? Perfect organism. Its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility.

Lambert: You admire it.

Ash: I admire its purity. A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Parker: Look, I am, I've heard enough of this, and I'm asking you to pull the plug.

Ash: [Ripley goes to disconnect Ash, who interrupts] Last word.

Ripley: What?

Ash: I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

aye that's it. That last line is utterly brilliant.

fuck, now I have to watch it tomorrow.

Constanite

Only now did I notice this... perhaps the worst spelling ever of Constantine. Seen that Constanite is not a movie title, I assume you mean Constantine.

Sigourney gives a far better performance in Alien.

There's some classic moments in that film. The speech that Oxigen pointed out, that's really about Ripley:

"A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality."

That sums up Ripley in Alien. She's very by-the-book. At one stage, she even refuses to let Kane back into the ship, even though leaving him outside could result in him dying.

Ah-ah, precisely. The Flink tells it as it is.

Alien. The only film I've ever turned off due to boredom.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your life. I will make sure it ends soon enough. :cool:

I have to say I watched all the Alien movies with OW a few years ago and didn't like any of them. I understand why they were hallmarks back then, but asides from Giger's awesome designs, there was nothing that made me like it.

To this day, I am still very much in deep, deep love with both Alien and Aliens. Now Alien3 and Ressurection, that's where things went wrong. I grew up with these movies. Never will they age.

Team America World Police

Where were the jokes? I found South Park the movie to have a laugh a minute, but there were hardly none to be had in this. The puppet idea was great, but lost it's appeal after 20mins or so. Only watch if swearing makes you giggle.

3.5/10

fail.jpg

Put the two together.

and you fail?

he is right the film was massively overrated. I woulnt go as low as his score but it was just a STUPID film ruined by annoying imitations of it by chavs at school

Agreed!

Couldn't watch all of this film, just didn't find it funny!

Tch. What in the name of Michael Simmons has this world come to?... :nono:

Where the feck has everybody gone? All the other people who liked Team America. I'm sure as fuck not the only one here... :shakehead

The first time I saw it, I enjoyed most of it. The second time though, it sucked.

--

I really want to go and see 30 days of night again, it was so awesome!