N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix: Was a good film, much better than the rest of the HP films. Loved the character of Luna Lovegood but hated Cho Chang. She annoys me. 8/10

The Simpsons Movie: Disappointed with this. Most of the funny stuff I had already seen in all the trailers. Just didn't find it very funny. Not used to seeing around 90 minutes of the Simpsons. 6/10

Turtles

... the CGI version from 2007. I was quite suprised by the atmosphere, although the style was not realistic I found it very fitting and especially liked the cuts. The music was a bit meh though and the characters still felt a bit too lighthearted. Some more backstory would not have harmed them but still it was quite entertaining.

6/10

Mouchette

Was on BBC Four last night so I thought I'd watch it again. Is even better the second time round, much more strange and powerful. Not as good though as "Au Hasard Balthazar" but still up there with the best that 1960's French cinema had to offer. I find it odd though that the character of Louisa is so popular with the men as she really is quite odd looking and quite mannish too.

8/10

That explains it, when you get to my age of 20, you see some of these actresses/singers and you think of two words: Nah and ugly.

No offense.

Actually, I think you've just got weird taste in women. Im sure a lot of folk would agree when I say my taste in women has barely changed from when I was that age.

Simpsons Movie :D

just got back from first showing in cinema (10am)

AWESOME film so funny. If your a fan of the simpsons is a defo must see

most of the funny bits arnt in the adverts which was good to see

9/10

Totally agree with you. As good as many early episodes. Not a single cringworthy joke, handled old style emotional moments excellently and a constrant stream of great jokes and sight gags.

In my top 5 comedy films with Airplane, Hot Fuzz/Shaun of the Dead and Monty Python Films.

GTFO...

Seriously?

Ha ha ha. No, I have no idea.

But really, yeah like 12.

I went to see this on Wednesday. At 10am the first showing. (barely anyone in there)

I hoped The Simpsons Movie would provide 84 minutes of non-stop action, comedy and emotion all rolled into a clever plot that wouldn't dissappoint and it DID.

I loved it there were not any cringeworthy gags in the whole movie and the story and emotion from the classic seasons had returned. The jokes came thick and fast and there were plenty of laugh out loud moments for me to enjoy.

Each character was used greatly and it was beautifully animated.

An excellent Movie. I don't like giving perfect scores so it will get a 9/10

but it did completely surpassing my expectations. :D

Harry Poter and the OoTP.

I'll give it a 6.5.

Special effects were great. I though the Death Eaters were fantastic, especially Malfoy. I thought, however, that Radcliffe's acting leaves a lot to be desired for and Emma Watson - as good an actor that she is - seemed to be directed to place the strangest of pauses before and after saying something.

Overall it was good, if not a little short.