NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Some Like It Hot

A good film, full of silly fun, just what I prefer to watch at 10am when im feeling sleepy. Gotta love Monroe.

Ummm...8!

A Scanner Darkly

A striking technical achievement in film making. The plot, being as it is written by a drug crazed maniac about drug crazed maniacs, is difficult to keep track of and even somewhat obscure but the film manages to rise above it. The key theme and moral of the story, about the dangers of drugs and general societies inability to deal with them remain starkly intact and obviously hold a great deal of resonance in today's society. Enthralling and truly psychotic, watch this at least once.

8/10

A Scanner Darkly

A striking technical achievement in film making. The plot, being as it is written by a drug crazed maniac about drug crazed maniacs, is difficult to keep track of and even somewhat obscure but film manages to rise above it. The key theme and moral of the story, about the dangers of drugs and general societies inability to deal with them remain starkly intact and obviously hold a great deal of resonance in today's society. Watch this at least once.

8/10

Fantastic, really want to see this. Is it out on DVD in EU?

If you liked "A Scanner Darkly" you should definately check out Richard Linklater's earlier rotoscoped feature, "Waking Life".

Does it pick up after the first 30 mins, then? I saw the first 30 mins on IGN and it was very dire.

And yes, It is out on DVD

The whole film is pretty much like that. You've pretty much got to watch the whole thing in order to even have the faintest hope of understanding what's going on. This isn't the Matrix. This is lots of people standing or sitting around having conversations that don't actually make a great deal of sense. (Wait a minute..)

Actually should all just watch at least twice - I'm watching it again and the plot's making a bit more sense now. Just watch it will you?

The Machinist - 7/10. Would've been a lot better if I'd not been able to guess some of the things that were going on thanks to certain twists that have appeared in other movies in the last decade.

Wow, I thought that film was awful

Oh well... opinions.

If you liked "A Scanner Darkly" you should definately check out Richard Linklater's earlier rotoscoped feature, "Waking Life".

Waking Life = God.

Hot Fuzz!

Most random thing ever (especially the last 20mins..crazy!)!

9/10

Final Fantasy Advent Children

I think this is the fourth time I watched it but the first with proper dubbing instead of some poor subs. It actually made a lot more sense and I could really concentrate on the images instead of the subtitles.

The animation and action sequences are awesome but the storyline is pretty thin but because there are certain symbols I still didn't figure out properly I guess I'll watch it another four times :)

7.5/10

Borat

A lot of hype about it, but it didn't match up to it. The first half of it was typically and predictabley pathetic, but then it started to really heat up and there were some genuinley classic moments in it.

8/10

Hot Fuzz

9/10

Genuinely great film, slow to build up but wouldn't be the same without it.

Reservoir Dogs

One of the best films i have seen in a long time Mr.blonde's torture scene classic

9/10

Hot Fuzz

Not what I was expecting but that doesn't mean it wasn't great!!!

9/10

The Naked Gun

Not as much nudity as the title promises...

No just kidding. This film is so hilarious and the fact that the people act seriously makes it all the more fun. I don't know what to praise or criticise it simply manages to entertain and amuse on an epic scale.

9.5/10

Hot Fuzz

For the kind of film it is, awesome. Entertaining and funnier than I thought it would be. Not a classic, but a great film nonetheless.

6/10

Notting Hill

I saw it when it was on tele the other day, I'd seen it before but forgotten most of it. There were some funny bits and I enjoyed it quite a lot, more than I thought I would. 7/10

HOT FUZZ

9/10

i loved it :D especially the somerfield worker: "yaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrp"

although it wasn't quite what i expected, there was hardly any shooting until last 20 minutes(ish?)

Saw 3

Sick and messed up, was entertaining at the time.

5/10

haha that's weird Letty...

Arahan

Even though my brother said it was crap I thoroughly enjoyed it. Dunno why, it was cheesy and predictable but I liked it. Especially got they got a move like hadouken in it. Palm blast ftw.

8/10

Notting Hill

I saw it when it was on tele the other day, I'd seen it before but forgotten most of it. There were some funny bits and I enjoyed it quite a lot, more than I thought I would. 7/10

I love that film and saw it too.

9/10.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Brilliant film, though I think everyone knows that it is such a very good film in one way or the other. Nicholson is great, as is the guy who plays the chief. Effectively about naturalism and rebellion, which lead to some extremely tense and electrifying scenes (The riot scene is pretty damn good, for example). I can't say much more, really; it's just a really great film.

9/10