NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

well that was several cultural rungs up the ladder than our usual offerings. I really need to get back to Film Society....

The Last Samurai

Utterly amazing. It's beauty isn't just in it's scenery but in it's fantastic performances from Cruise and Watanabe (sp). The end damn near made me weep.

Oh yeah and I watched it in High Definition so that helped.

5/5

L'Age Dor

Luis Bunuel and Salvador Dali's first feature film, released in 1930 it's a surrealist masterpiece. All about sexual repression and the Spainish civil war. Hilarious, shocking and most importantly visually stunning. A very important film.

8/10

You know... it deserves a 10. Did you notice the humor? (it was 1930!)

Read my post again. And 8 is a pretty good score by my standards.

City Of Lost Children

Jean-Pierre Jeunet and Marc Caro's second (and final) feature film collaboration and it was a bit of a disappointment. There are moments in it that are as good as Delicatessan, but it doesn't flow as well and a lot of the CGI looks very dated today and doesn't really work with the rest of the films aesthetic. It's still an enjoyable film though and the world in which it's set is as interesting as that in their previous feature.

6/10

Crank

Quite a wierd film. A guy (Jason Statham) got poisoned and needs to keep his adrenalin level high in order not to die. The film is way over the top, the plot is pretty thin but the soundtrack, camera and of course the action sequences make up for that. Sadly it lacks substance - I guess I won't watch it multiple times.

7/10

Hero

Looks great, loaded with propaganda, Jet Li is rubbish...

4/10

Doom.

Probably the best Videogame to film yet, but the film doesn't really follow the game's storyline.

7/10.

United 93, although you leave the cinema feeling sad, you leave with feeling, unlike the many modern tragedys with happy Hollywood endings, leaving you the same as you entered with nothing to think about and two hours wasted from your life.

Babel

Really great movie, you have to bee in the mood and the story doesn't really go anywhere, but it's great nonetheless. PLus, it's also in Japan

Hero

Looks great, loaded with propaganda, Jet Li is rubbish...

4/10

Oh, c'mon!!

Smokin Aces

Excellent Action movie, very violent and killer story. Anyone who digs these kinds of movies should see this for sure!

5/5

Oh, c'mon!!

You have to give me a bit more than 'Oh, c'mon' if you are trying to convince me otherwise!:wink:

Dirty Sanchez - The Movie.

The boyos go to seven different countries, to commit one deadly sin in each. This includes some sick stuff such as Pritchard cuts off the tip of his finger, Pancho gets liposuction, then Joycey drinks it. Dainton gets fooled into snogging a ladyboy. And Pritchard breaks the "world record" for most paintball shots on a human person.

There is some really sick stuff in there, such as the aforementioned, but with the sickness comes hilarity. The damn film is hilarious, but if you have a weak stomach or are a pussy and is easily offended, this isn't for you.

8/10.

Stealth

I expected a popcorn action film that was very predictable but I was actually quite surprised how the story turned out. The soundtrack is also very good although sometimes a bit distracing from the action actually but as always Rob Cohen has awesome music. The problem with the film though is, that it tries to give a message about technology but that doesn't work too well because there's not enough room for the story because of the action sequences. The actors don't give you the feeling they are actually the best pilots in the air force but as the story progresses they fit in more and more.

The flight scenes and jets are absolutely awesome and look very cool, but you'll be disappointed (or maybe not, depends on your liking) that it's not a brainless actionfilm as we're used to from Rob Cohen.

5/10

Smoking Aces - 8/10

Good action movie with a intriguing plot even though I sussed most of it out in about 20mins. Great character portrayals and Ben Affleck isn't in it that much. Hurrah!

Epic Movie - 0/10

I though this might be a bit like date movie where if you'd seen the movies you'd get the jokes or it take the piss out of a genre. No, it didn't. There were no jokes or at least nothing that hadn't been seen in the advert. Kal Penn sucks.

The whole thing has a hip hop feel with nearly every song breaking out into a rap where honeys rub themselves then a fart joke goes off somewhere.

Unfunny just really unfunny.

Deja vu ?/10

Got drunk and took a bottle of whiskey into this.

I don't know what the fuck happened.

Rambo: First Blood Part II

10/10. Easily the best action movie i've ever seen. Absolutely incredible :D

My spine tingled when he said 'Murdoch...I'm coming for you'.

Le trois fréres

Shitty predictable french comedy, in french, with french subtitles.

I didnt like it :( 2/10

The Waterboy

Still one of my most loved movies, some of the most amazing tackles that I would love to do to some people.

10/10

saw Kiss Kiss Bang Bang last night. Awesome, Awesome film. You all need to see it.

seconded, one of my favourite films of the 2000's criminaly underlooked. Who would have thought a film staring Val Kilmer and Robert Downey JR would be so awesome.

You have to give me a bit more than 'Oh, c'mon' if you are trying to convince me otherwise!:wink:

The beautiful scenery, awesome fight scenes and surprising story should be enough for at least a 7, granted those super human moves makes it a bit crappy but its still a high quality production. Oh! And I love the music in it. Maybe I just like Chinese culture.

The beautiful scenery, awesome fight scenes and surprising story should be enough for at least a 7, granted those super human moves makes it a bit crappy but its still a high quality production. Oh! And I love the music in it. Maybe I just like Chinese culture.

I felt the story is long winded and I much prefered the fight scenes and the music in 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon'! As for the beautiful scenery, I didn't find the extreme use of colour special, but the landscape was beautiful anyway! In all I really don't mind the psudo-flying stuff. I hated the message the film put across which, I found, was that 'the ends justifies the means'...I find the film over rated and feel that Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon gives me a better bang for my buck!:hehe:

Standing firm at 4/10!;)

Black Daliah

A very nice new age Noir movie with very good performances and the lovely Scarlet Johanson. Very recomended.

Heroic Duo

Nice Chinese movie, nothing mindblowing but it has interesting characters.

Jumanji

I love this film!

100000000/10 when it first came out!

9/10 now!

seconded, one of my favourite films of the 2000's criminaly underlooked. Who would have thought a film staring Val Kilmer and Robert Downey JR would be so awesome.

"so, are you still gay?"

"no i'm knee deep in pussy, I just love the name so much I can't shake it."