NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

I liked it.

The Number 23

Generally just a cool and breeze easy/dont have to concentrate too much thriller.

7/10

(The "suicidal blonde" was absolutely gorgeous)

Clerks II

Dante and Randal have moved on from the Quick Stop, which burnt down, to work at Mooby's, a year after they started, Dante is ready to move to Florida with his fiance Emma, leaving New Jersey and Randal behind, but has to go through his last day at Mooby's, during which, Dante receives dance lessons from his manager Becky, Randal makes a Lord of the Rings nut so angry he vomits, tries to re-define the term "Porchmonkey", and plans a going-away party which involves "Interspecies Erotica".

This film is great, as good as Clerks I, 9/10.

The Deer Hunter

I didn't think it was a bad film, but I never found it a whisker as great as people make it out to be. It was unnecessarily long for the type of film it is and to add to that I found it a tad confusing.

5/10

The Matrix (Yet another time :D )

Its a fantasticly chereographed film, the action scenes

are top notch, even this long after the original release, it

still looks amazing. It is a original film, which keeps the viewer

intreseted throughout this Epic film.

10/10 MUST SEE! (Can't say the same for the sequals...)

number 23.

ok Jim is awesome in this and the story isn't that bad but the whole 23 thing gets tired and boring towards the middle. the ending was horribly predictable. the film reminded me of secret window for some reason.

6/10

Hot Fuzz

Was alright, slightly better than I expected. As others have said, doesn't really get going until an hour or so into it and there are a few brilliant moments, but on a whole it's quite a flawed film. I really don't think Edgar Wright's direction suited it, Simon Pegg's character was completely unlikeable and the He-Man reference was pointless.

They would have been much better off making a straight action film.

4/10

First Blood (as in Rambo I).

Hasn't aged a bit :D

9/10

Also, I'm surprised so many people disliked Hot Fuzz....i thought it was awesome lol.

Lady Vengeance

Actually I watched it a few days ago but I didn't quite know what to think of it. Now I do. Pretty awesome film. The concept with the flashbacks is really interesting and adds a lot of meaning to the different characters. Also they are all really fleshed out and you care for each one of them which is very rare for a film.

At first I wondered what the story was going though but it turned out to be intended that way.

7/10

Watched loads of films recently but I havent been bothered to type them up until now:

Leon : excellent film, Jean Reno is amazing in it as the lone assasin who is forced to take care of a young girl (Natalie Portma) after her family is murdered by corrupt evil guy Gary Oldman. Great performances by all the cast, great story. 8.5/10

Gangs Of New York : Have had this on DVD for a while and finally got round to watching it, first time ive seen it since it came out. I prefered it the 2nd time through. Daniel Day Lewis was excellent in it. Cameron Diaz annoyed me though both her rubbish accent and he acting in general. But yeah a great a film about revenge by Marty. 7/10

The Departed : Bought this on DVD the day it came out because I thought it was awesome at the cinema. Still enjoyed it on 2nd viewing and I still prefer it to Infernal Affairs. 8.5/10

Brick : I really dont know what to make of this. It has a great premise, Film Noir set in an American high school. And I love Film Noir, such a shame they aren't really made anymore. I do however feel Brick was trying to be too cool and it had a feel of style over substance. That said I still enjoyed it on the whole. 6.5/10

Slither : I am a sucker for B movie horror films and this doesn't disapoint, even though its a semi pisstake of said B movies. I found it very entertaining and funny. (mostly intentional humour as well) Would recomend. 7/10

Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada : This completley passed me by last year I must admit. However when I heard about it I knew I had to see it. Tommy Lee Jones as a cowboy on a quest to journey to Mexico to bury his dead friend. Whats not to like? and it turned to be awesome. If you get the chance to see it do so. 9/10

Dog Day Afternoon : One of Al Pacinos first roles, him and his friend try to rob a bank and it all goes drasticaly wrong with the results pretty hilarious to the viewer. Al puts in a great performance and watching his early roles it really is a shame to see the performaces hes been putting in over the past 10 years. 8.5/10

Think thats it for now.

Man I loved brick so much. Hated slither. Everything else you said I agree with though.

"The ants are eating your friend"

Kill Bill 2

Kill Bill is an action film and they completely lost it in this sequel. The fights are no longer than 30 seconds long and that sucks. It's got too much drama and trauma and the climax to the ending was un-forfilled. However, I like the flashbacks (especially Pai Mei) so it gets some points for plot.

5/10

"Brick" is certainly overrated. Every element of it is great, but the element's don't work well together. It seems absurd that a geeky high school kid could be so confident in everything he does. Usually the protagonists in film noir are 40-something private detectives with a lot of world experience, so their tough talking, intelligent and confident personality does not seem out of place. Also, "Brick" doesn't really bring anything new to film noir, it just places it in a modern setting. That film could have easily been made 50 years ago.

The Deer Hunter

I didn't think it was a bad film, but I never found it a whisker as great as people make it out to be. It was unnecessarily long for the type of film it is and to add to that I found it a tad confusing.

5/10

If you thought it was boring, you have no business in cinema.

Confusing? Can't agree there.

Watched loads of films recently but I havent been bothered to type them up until now:

Leon : excellent film, Jean Reno is amazing in it as the lone assasin who is forced to take care of a young girl (Natalie Portma) after her family is murdered by corrupt evil guy Gary Oldman. Great performances by all the cast, great story. 8.5/10

The Departed : Bought this on DVD the day it came out because I thought it was awesome at the cinema. Still enjoyed it on 2nd viewing and I still prefer it to Infernal Affairs. 8.5/10

Dog Day Afternoon : One of Al Pacinos first roles, him and his friend try to rob a bank and it all goes drasticaly wrong with the results pretty hilarious to the viewer. Al puts in a great performance and watching his early roles it really is a shame to see the performaces hes been putting in over the past 10 years. 8.5/10

Think thats it for now.

Completely agree, but I preffer Infernal Affairs over The Departed.

Sidney Lumet FTW!

Oh... and:

Rear Window

I revisited this classic for the fifth time. Classic movie making. Flawless. Hitchcock's best, along side Psycho and North By Northwest.

10/10.

Hongryeon Janghwa/A Tale of Two Sisters

The first time you watch it... it's "okay". But after repeated viewings... Oh my God, just... brilliant.

The first time I saw it

5/10.

After undestanding it

9/10.

The last films i have watched over the past couple of days

Jungle 2 Jungle

Quite a funny film starring Tim Allen. Tim plays Michael Cromwell, a coffee salesman who needs to get a divorce from his ex-wife only to discover he has a son living in the Amazon with her. Good laughs expected when Michael brings his son to New York.

8/10

The Pink Panther

The latest version of the classic film. In this version, Steve Martin stars as the clumsy, yet whitty Inspector Clueso as he goes on a case to recover the missing Pink Panther diamond and solve a murder along the way. Great laughs and a good film.

8/10

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Watched this when i was half asleep one night, so i didn;t see all of it but what i did see of it was good. Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet star in this.

7.5/10

Warrior King

This has to be one of the most brutal martial arts films i have seen in a long time. Tony Jaar stars in this breathtaking epic as a village warrior who sets out to recover two elephants stolen from his native Thailand and taken to Austrailia to meet dismal endings. This film apparantly has no wireworks or stunt doubles and some of the fighting looks too real to be faked (you actually see bones breaking)

9.5/10

I saw that one where Vin Diesel has hair and is a mobster, but I don't remember the english name and don't want to bother looking up :P

But it's pretty enjoyable, it's the first Vin Dieasel movie I like.

I saw that one where Vin Diesel has hair and is a mobster, but I don't remember the english name and don't want to bother looking up :P

But it's pretty enjoyable, it's the first Vin Dieasel movie I like.

Do you mean Knock Around Guys.

Quite a nice film but I thought there wasn't enough Vin Diesel :grin:

Ghost Rider

Solid banter! I would b more than be happy to watch a sequal!

8.5/10

The Number 23

Entertaining, good story, but 23 references just get boring. Also, some annoying mistakes made to "enhance" the story (2/3 = point 666....no it doesnt. If you're going to round it, it would be 0.7, or 0.667, or 0.6666667. I'll forgive the mistake about the "number of the devil" - most people mistake it as 666, when it's clearly stated to be 616). Still, an enjoyable film, with some good acting. - 8/10

Alien Vs Predator

OK, I've never seen an Alien or Predator film before (bar half of the original Alien, which was rubbish). Still, I enjoyed this film, plot was decent, action sequences were good, and the Aliens and Predators seemed to have suitable chatacter/character development. Some lovely fight scenes, and a decent cliffhanger. Will watch the sequel - 7.5/10

Ghost Rider

A nice concept, but not pulled off very well. For some reason, it's hard to care much for Johnny Blaze, and some parts of the plot is just awful. Some scenes looked cool, but served no purpose on the film at all (the riding scene towards the destination of the final battle, for instance). It also leaves a lot of things unanswered. The chase scenes didn't seem well scripted either - 2/10

Did you just say "Alien" was rubbish and that "AVP" was good?

You need to get your priorities straight mister.

he fuckin did as well!

BURN THE WITCH!

Some people really shouldnt be allowed to watch films :sad:

I say HERESY!