NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Wing Commander

i love anything to do with flying, guns and space.

9/10

Wing Commander

i love anything to do with flying, guns and space.

9/10

that film has an incredibly good title sequence.

the rest is, however, utter excrement. 9/10 my arse.

Saw The Departed.

Plus points for being a scorsese film, and being a bit fucking wicked. Minus points for not being as subtle or cool as the original Infernal Affairs. Amazing perfromances from all concerned though. Jack Nicholson is one baddass motherfucker :)

Borat

I thought this film was absolutely terrible.........NOT!

10/10. Can't remember the last time I laughed so hard, last night's Top Gear episode doesn't count, as that was after I watched Borat.

GOAL!

Mexican footballer Santiago Munez joins Newcastle United and gets involved in the life of a Premiership footballer.

Not being a fan of Newcastle United, I didn't really like this, especially as it makes Newcastle United look like Manchester United, when they're more like Sheffield United.

It was pretty inaccurate, but it had a good storyline.

6/10

Me, Myself and Irene

This film is so funny it hurts! The best bit is when Jim Carry gets his tumb shot off, so funny I cried!

10/10

The Illlusionist

I chose this over Ghost Rider and i'm glad I did, Edward Norton (bloke from Fight Club and AH-X) is great as the title character and it keeps you guessing till the end. The ending is a bit mushy but overall I thought it was a very interesting film.

large_3.gif

The Illlusionist

I chose this over Ghost Rider and i'm glad I did, Edward Norton (bloke from Fight Club and AH-X) is great as the title character and it keeps you guessing till the end. The ending is a bit mushy but overall I thought it was a very interesting film.

large_3.gif

Have you seen the prestige? If so, could you please confirm if indeed the prestige is a copy of the illusionist or not?

"The Prestige" was adapted from a book of the same name and "The Illusionist" has a very different plot, so neither of them are copying each other.

"Miss Congeniality" was surprisingly good, despite featuring Sandra Bullcock and William bloody Shatner.

Little Miss Sunshine

Everuthing they say it was, and even more.

10/10. I don't think I need to explain why... Best movie of 2006.

Kill Bill: Vol.1

I just can't understand why people like this so much. For the fourth time I've watched it... and it still sucks at every single detail, except the exceptional soundtrack. Vol.2 is a little better, but just a tiny bit, really.

1/10.

Kill Bill: Vol.1

I just can't understand why people like this so much. For the fourth time I've watched it... and it still sucks at every single detail, except the exceptional soundtrack. Vol.2 is a little better, but just a tiny bit, really.

1/10.

If u dislike it so much? Why have you watched it 4 times then? lol

I love it, but do agree Vol 2 is much better!

I preferred Volume 1, but am also curious why if you hate it so much youve seen it 4 times. I havnt even seen it 4 times...and I like it!

The Truman Show

An outstanding performance by Jim Carrey, and one of my favourite films of all time as well.

9/10

Yesterday, I went to see Hot Fuzz with some friends. It's not one of these films where it's a laugh a minute, but there are quite a few good laughs in this. I'm not sure why people seem to think it's half an hour too long or whatever, because it felt about right to me. Don't listen to these fools. :heh:

If you're going into this thinking it's going to be the best thing since sliced bread, you're going to be very, very disappointed. It's good, and there are some good laughs to be had, but it's not side splittingly funny, imo. 7/10 sums it up quite well, I think.

If u dislike it so much? Why have you watched it 4 times then? lol

I love it, but do agree Vol 2 is much better!

Nah! Vol 2 hasn't got enough fighting, too much story telling.

Nah! Vol 2 hasn't got enough fighting, too much story telling.

In my opinion, the story telling aspect of the Kill Bill films by far surpass the fighting scenes.

I really couldn't wait for that big brawl at the end of Volume One to end. It dragged, it was repetitive, and it just bored the bejesus out of me.

In my opinion, the story telling aspect of the Kill Bill films by far surpass the fighting scenes.

I really couldn't wait for that big brawl at the end of Volume One to end. It dragged, it was repetitive, and it just bored the bejesus out of me.

Oh, then I am clearly in a minority. I suppose the Pai Mei parts were pretty interesting.

Borat!

I laughed SO hard on some parts. Dragged on abit towards the end though.

Favourite bit, " Once my seeeester showed her vaginiiia to my retarted brother and said, "you never guunnna get theese, lalalala". But then one time he broke out of his cage and he get it! HI-FIVE!"

LMAO. 8/10

Oh, then I am clearly in a minority. I suppose the Pai Mei parts were pretty interesting.

I dunno, not actually sure which one of us is actually in the minority. Could be either of us. :D

I just enjoyed the storytelling side of things a lot more than violence, I guess I'm mellowing in my old age...

I've watched LOADS of films since posting, but heres the ones i remember watching:

50 First Dates

Very good. I actually prefered 'Click' with Adam, but i reckon many would disagree. I watched it all the way through, without feeling at all bored and found it very enjoyable and quite funny in places. I was pleasently surprised. 7/10

The Guardian

Now, for some reason...i'm not normally a fan of Ashton Kutcher, BUT to give the guy some credit, he weren't half-bad in this film. Again, i enjoyed this and it kept you glued to your sit even if it wasn't as 'action-packed' as i and my family probably hoped. Still very good, but slightly unsure about the romantic section of it, was there a point? 8/10

Texas Chain Saw Massacre: The Beginning

Oh please. This was absolutely terrible and the most predictable and damn right boring film i have ever seen. You knew exactly what was going to happen all the time! I got a sense of deju vu about 5 mins into it! All of the actors looked like models as well, it just felt fake and rather ridiculous. 3/10

Chucky 1 and 3

Overall? Just brilliant OTT funny horror to be honest. I've always been a fan of Chucky, i used to be terried of it as a child but now i kinda find it funny. Still great though, both films equally easy to get into and well worth watching. Number 1 is better then 3, mind you... 1= 9/10 3=8/10

The Devil Wears Prada

It's a womans film you say? Well, your probably right, but my god i'm pleased i stayed and watched it! So easy to get into and nothing mind boggling, just a great romantic/comedy film, which i also found quite funny. Good! 8/10

Open Season

My second blu-ray film and a great one to show you exactly what can be done with blu-ray. Superb vivid colurs, everything was so bold and colourful and the sound was very crisp. The actual film it's self was also very good, i really enjoyed it! 8/10

Aliens

Just on the other night, i believe. What can i say? Never really go into the Alien trilogy before (don't hurt me) but absolutely brilliant, this would be my second time watching it and i can honestly say it's one of my all-time favs. 9/10

:D

I dunno, not actually sure which one of us is actually in the minority. Could be either of us. :D

I just enjoyed the storytelling side of things a lot more than violence, I guess I'm mellowing in my old age...

Maybe so, maybe not. The way I see it, there's a difference between fighting and violence. Violence is when an undefended person is aimlessly killed, fighting is more action packed with kung-fu, swords you name it. Basically Vol1 had a great intro (made me laugh:grin:) and had other memorable moments such as the fight in Japan (before the '88' show up). Vol 2 had too much violence and trauma IMO. I mean, I was hoping for a great sword fight between B****** and the eyepatch women but it lasted for 10 seconds before Uma ripped out her other eye ending the fight. The final scene gave me the same feeling.

Or it could just be that we have different opinions ::shrug:

Maybe so, maybe not. The way I see it, there's a difference between fighting and violence. Violence is when an undefended person is aimlessly killed, fighting is more action packed with kung-fu, swords you name it. Basically Vol1 had a great intro (made me laugh:grin:) and had other memorable moments such as the fight in Japan (before the '88' show up). Vol 2 had too much violence and trauma IMO. I mean, I was hoping for a great sword fight between B****** and the eyepatch women but it lasted for 10 seconds before Uma ripped out her other eye ending the fight. The final scene gave me the same feeling.

Or it could just be that we have different opinions ::shrug:

I agree with you about hoping for bigger fights. It seemed to be building up to something but was over quite quickly.

I do admit the fight in Japan was memorable, but I think the 88 just overkilled it, maybe.

Yeah, good point about the difference between violence and fighting, I didn't think about that. :)

Maybe they should've kept the 88 fight scene for Volume 2? That would've balanced things out a bit more.

Yeah definately.

Hehe, I was hoping for a proper explosion from the 5 step exploding heart technique :D

All this Kill Bill talked has reminded me that Tarantino had a Special Extended Edition of the film (both parts joined together + delted scenes) planned for release sometime on DVD. I soooo wanna know more now!