Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Clerks II

Freaking awesome, I laughed a lot and there are hot chicks. Hilarious

Clerks II

Freaking awesome, I laughed a lot and there are hot chicks. Hilarious

x2

9/10

It just makes me feel sorry I never fully watched the first one.

Apocalypto

Nice forests and all but it's boring and didn't captivate my interest. Just like The Passion.

From Russia With Love:

Watched this consecutively after Dr No. Dr.No was pretty shite IMO, it was a good little film but it feels ever so cliched now, and has no kick to it. And one HUGE plot hole, the black guy (Quarrel) did not die!!! He jumped into a bush to hide from the machanical dragon, was not seen for about ten miniutes, then Bond decides to declare that hes dead!!?!?! WTF?!?1

Anywho, FRWL was much better and had a plot that satisfied me from begining to end, it didnt feel like an old film either, it made me wee a bit, because it was the first time ive seen the film. It inspired me to Buy EA's diabolical game adaptation (79p).

8/10

Once Upon a Time in the West

Another timeless classic by Sergio Leone. The absence of Clint Eastwood means it doesn't go anywhere near the heights of The Good, The Bad And The Ugly for me personally, but regardless is an excellent film. Claudia Cardinale was gorgeous in it too.

8/10

A Scanner Darkly.

on 2nd viewing, this film is even better than i realised first time around. The mix of visual genius, psychosis and paranoia really creates a feeling of unease in the movie, and the real life possibility of it all is utterly terrifying and heartbreaking when it reaches it's ingenious conclusion.

9 caps of death out of ten

Night at the Museum

Funny movie, entertaining and with great perfomances. Robin Williams rules.

Ecks vs Sever

Solid action movie, enjoyable to watch.

King Kong (Peter Jackson)

OK, I never was the original, but I knew what the basic story was. As I expected, the film looked gorgeous in HD. A few things I didn't expect were ace too. I didn't expect the film to use much humour (the stampede and V-Rex fight were absolutely amazing), and the story itself was gripping (even tho I knew what was going to happen in the end). The New York sequence was fantastic, too, up to the actual Empire State Building part - it just dragged on for too long. (We know he's going to die now, just hurry up and kill him). It was more gruesome than I expected, too (the giant maggot eating the chef, people getting squashed left, right and center, the V-Rex getting his jaw snapped), which was great. But one thing really bugged me.....how on earth did they get Kong to New York? He looked way too big/heavy for the boat.

Overall, 8/10. Great film, but dragged on a bit towards the end.

Smokin' Aces

I'm not sure about this one, it seems to be a confused combination of fun irreverant action, and some deep meaningful drama, I think only the former is pulled off well.

3/5

Final Fantasy Advent Children

OK, no real story line, well it does, but its not great, still an amazing film, way better than FF The Spirits Within. Good graphix, amazing fight signs, voices arent great but work, overall 8/10 :D

King Kong (Peter Jackson)

how on earth did they get Kong to New York? He looked way too big/heavy for the boat.

haha I was wondering about that as well. However I asked myself how they got Kong on boat in the first place.

Caught Final Destination 2 on tele last night, never seen any of these before so i was expecting a good view and it wasn't bad. I'd like to see the others after seeing it. 7/10

Clerks

I thought I'd try out Clerks after getting Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back on DVD, as well as planning to get Dogma, and, so, I enjoyed it. A lot. 9/10.

"Clerks" and "Mallrats" are Smiths' best films. "Dogma" is ok, but it shows the first signs of him thinking he can do more than comedy, which he can't. "Jersey Girl" would've been up there with his best if he hadn't crammed in all the soppy crap about Affleck's dead wife. The comic stuff is great, the dramatic stuff is overblown bollocks.

He made the same mistake with "Clerks 2".

Howl's Moving Castle 10/10 :D

I dont normally like film's that much, but I was fucking hooked on this.

Best wasted study time ever

Millers Crossing 10/10 - Captivated from the very start. Beautiful cinematography and a script thats up there with The Usual Suspects.

Perfume: Story of a Murderer 9/10 - Beautiful film. Let down only by some tediously long scenes otherwise a masterpiece with one of the best endings I've ever seen.

Jackass number two

It is way better than the first. From the beginning to the end it is funny.

9/10:bowdown: :bouncy:

16 years of Alcohol

This was on Filmfour on Wednesday night as part of their British Connection thing. It's set in Scotland, not sure where about.

It basically starts off with you seeing some guy on the floor getting the life kicked out of him, with the camera like looking down on his face, then he starts telling his story of his life. As a kid, his world fell apart around him, and he started drinking at an early age, that's like the first hallf hour of the film, then it fast forwards to him when he's older like in his 20s or 30s. He's a bit of a trouble maker, still enjoys his drink and a good fight too. Anyway, his life continues on, with him finding love, losing love etc leading up to the events that led to the opening scene.

While I was watching it I was thinking about this thread, and was thinking I would rate it too high because it seemed to be a film about nothing really, but then I realise this was lke 2 in the morning and this film was actually good enough to make me keep from falling asleep. It's very well done, with lots of like good stylised bits using camera effects and whatnot, which I thought were really good. Despite not really being a film about anything, it is a film about everything. It's just a film about life, done quite well. I'd give it a 7.5/10

(P.S If anyone else saw this film, please PM and let me know, cos I missed a bit)

Invincible

Just imported this from America as I love American Football movies. I was expecting something like Remember the Titans but I was sadly mistaken. It was the inspiring true story I had hoped for but it was still an alright watch.

6/10

Just saw Mel Gibson's Apocalypto (Yes, apparently its his and nobody elses...) and it....rocked! Its great! People get beat up, heads get removed and testicles eaten! (Not joking, at the beginning...animal testicles!)

I might have been made better by the fact I thought it was going to ba a load wonkey donkey crap!

9/10

Apocalypto is awesome. The direction is superb. All the costumes, locales and sets are wonderful. I think it paints a very accurate picture of the death of a civilisation.

I took a trip to a local cinemaplex last night.

Went to see The Pursuit of Happyness, I wanted to see Rocky, but I went with my brother and we had our wives in tow.

Anyhow, the film was alright, Will Smith can act, the story was a bit slow, there were a few scenes in there I think they could have done without, but he got his millions of dollars at the end, happyness was achieved.

6 "Now that's what I call a close encounter!"'s out of 10.

Rocky balboa

9 out of ten

i thought was going to be on of those crappy sequels but it wasn't it was very good

Se7en -

9/10 - i liked it... brad pitt over acted in some parts - and the swearing was a bit forced - but it was a good movie - morgan freeman is a genius