NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Night at the Museum

Imagine a magical and imaginative story of wonder, trials and the human spirit, studded with top rate performances from an immensily talented cast of first class stars. Now throw that all away and do your best to endure this innofensive but utterly turgid Ben Stiller-lead family movie instead, which despite a cast cherry picked from Hollywoods current poster boys will garner few laughs from even the most E-number fuled children. Worth the £4 entry fee? Depends how much two hours of sleep is worth to you.

5/10

Night at the Museum

Imagine a magical and imaginative story of wonder, trials and the human spirit, studded with top rate performances from an immensily talented cast of first class stars. Now throw that all away and do your best to endure this innofensive but utterly turgid Ben Stiller-lead family movie instead, which despite a cast cherry picked from Hollywoods current poster boys will garner few laughs from even the most E-number fuled children. Worth the £4 entry fee? Depends how much two hours of sleep is worth to you.

5/10

Bollocks! I was looking forward to seeing this. What a perfect concept for a film and they buggered it up. :hmm:

Exorcist: The Beginning, 3/10

Crap, not worth watching. Poor sets and poor computer visuals make it look very cheap though the acting isnt really that bad.. Isnt really a horror movie either, missed 10 mins out though due to my sattalite signal being disturbed during bad weather =/

Spirited Away 7/10

Expected a lot more from it and it didn't deliver for me personally.

Spirited Away 7/10

Opposite for me! I though it was gonna be a bit lame but I really enjoyed it!:grin:

Labyrinth

Great film. It's got David Bowie in it, and some puppets! How awesome.

And, the legendary Ludo.

"SMEELLLLL! BAAAAAAD!"

A bit of a rave as well at the end. Awesome.

9/10

Spirited Away 7/10

Try and watch Princess Mononoke Stocka, see if that tickles you up better.

Yeah I have read things about it and how it has similarities with Twilight Princess and stuff in some ways. Most likely more of my kind of thing indeed, I like a bit more epicness.

Labyrinth

And, the legendary Ludo.

"SMEELLLLL! BAAAAAAD!"

9/10

Come inside and meet the missus!

I love that worm or whatever it is.

Just watched City of Rot, a very good movie.

It´s a survival zombie horror. what makes it different from other zombie flicks?

It´s a cartoon. A very very very gory cartoon.

The movie is about Fred a senile old man on a journey trough City of Rot to find himself a new pair of loafers. On his journey he uses is trusty "talking" walker as his weapon to crush zombie skulls.

Only shame is that it could have been longer

9/10

Labyrinth

And, the legendary Ludo.

"SMEELLLLL! BAAAAAAD!"

9/10

I love that film, one of my childhood films along with the goonies :)

It's all about the babe

what babe?

the babe with the power!

what power?

the power of the babe!!

or something... heh you gotta love Bowie.

Erm... those guys who saw Spirited Away. Watch the original Japanese version with subtitles. The dialogue is different and it's a lot more enjoyable and engrossing. The dub is just awful.

I thought the dub was pretty good.

Maybe, but dubs are nasty and soul sucking no matter what language they are in. Plus I don't want to watch something Japanese and hear American.

I like the ghilbi dubs. they actually get real actors to do it. Mini Driver, Billy Bob Thornton and Christian Bale have all been in their films.

Maybe, but dubs are nasty and soul sucking no matter what language they are in. Plus I don't want to watch something Japanese and hear American.

Yes, how dare they attempt to make their films more accesable to an international audience. Let us just kill them now and be done with it.

I love that film, one of my childhood films along with the goonies :)

It's all about the babe

what babe?

the babe with the power!

what power?

the power of the babe!!

or something... heh you gotta love Bowie.

:laughing: Love it. Think it went something like:

The power of the babe.

What babe?

The babe with the power.

What power?

The power of voodoo.

Who do?

You do.

Do what?

The power of the babe.

Wow, I'm surprised I can remember that, oh the memories have come flooding back.

it should mononoke is far better than spirited away in my opinion

Death Note - 8/10

Very true to its manga origin, never screwing up the story except to make it work as a movie better - very accurate with the best parts. Nice acting from both killer and detective, the CG and some strange changes let it down a little. Otherwise a very cool movie.

The Wind that Shakes the Barley- 9/10

A great little movie. Some pretty powerful scenes make it one of my favourite films in the last few years, for example the discussion after the cinema scene.

The Proposition- 9/10

A good old masculine film. Plenty of violence, no forced romances etc. The film itself, though is great though. The story is gripping and the plot is well paced; the acting is practically flawless, and the likes of score and cinematography are excellent. Well worth checking out.

Death Note - 8/10

Very true to its manga origin, never screwing up the story except to make it work as a movie better - very accurate with the best parts. Nice acting from both killer and detective, the CG and some strange changes let it down a little. Otherwise a very cool movie.

How did you get hold of it? (with subs, that is)

How did you get hold of it? (with subs, that is)

Erm, completely legally of course.

Check your PMs

Superman Returns

5 Super Stars (out of 5)

Love that film so much.

EDIT: Although I seriously need to get it on HD DVD, the standard one I got looks crap on me tv.

High School Musical

A wonderful all singing, all dancing pop triumph and talent showcase, repeatedly undermined throughout by a director clearly suffering from ADD. I hope the choreography and casting departments rise up and kill the scissor happy idiot. It's like trying to watch a show while spinning around on an office chair. Shameful, shameful direction and editing.

7/10