N-Europe

Films of 2006

Monopolyman

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't the next Narnia film coming out November/December too? (Prince Caspian)

I don't understand why they are jumping from The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe straight to Prince Caspian. Thats missing out The Horse and his Boy. Also The Magician's Nephew is technically the first Narnia but obviously they needed to start with The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe to gain the most interest.

The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe film wasn't a touch on the books(obviously) but I still have to see every one as I'm a big fan of Narnia.

Actually, The magicians nephew was a prequel; released directly after the lion the witch and the wardrobe, and intended to be read after it (so it should be the next one they do... plus it's the best one). Anyway, they're probably missing out the horse and his boy because its not really identifiable with the narnia "universe", and I expect many potential viewers would find it more boring than Prince Caspian (which is also more well known).

EDIT: Actually, one of the main reasons is probably the fact that it's the only other book that uses Edmund, Susan, Peter and Lucy, so they won't have to get as many new actors or have previous contracts to worry about.

Ah right, ya see I read Magician's Nephew first, although my dad told me it is actually the prequel and meant to be read after, but ah well still made good sense.

My favourite Narnia has to be The Voyage of The Dawn Treador, so so epic.

Anyway apparently Aslan is going to be twice as big in Prince Caspian as he was in TL,TW&TW.

New series - "Biker Mice From Mars" (2006) OMG!!! :D

Tony Blair Rock Star (2006) (TV) - WTF

Films:

Bean 2 (2006)

Deathrace 3000 (2006) - remake?

Deus Ex (2006)

Evil Dead, The (2006) - remake?

Final Destination 3 (2006) - havent seen yet

Metroid (2006)

Mission: Impossible III (2006)

Mrs. Doubtfire 2 (2006)

Night of the Living Dead 3D (2006)

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006)

Prankstar (2006) - Tom Green :)

Punisher 2, The (2006)

Saw III (2006) :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :bouncy:

Splinter Cell: The Movie (2006)

Terminator 4 (2006)

Untitled Mad Max 4 Film (2006)

World Trade Center (2006)

X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)

You gotta be kidding. Jovovich can't act for a sandwich, which you can tell from looking at her.

There's a scene in the trailer when hundreds of men are standing around her in a perfect circle, on flat ground, and they all aim at her in the centre and start to fire. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but they would surely kill each other in a matter of moments.

When i say cool i mean cool in the same way DOOM and the RE films where cool. They where not "good movies" But they where fun to watch :heh:

V For Vendetta looks to be interesting. I just dispair at the thought of what the so called directors at the helm might do to a great IP. however, should they pull it off, consider me sold.

I worked a bit on V for Vendetta during the London shoots - and from what I've seen of it, it really will be a great/fantastic film - it 'has' the potential to be one of the great films of the current years. An early review I've read said 'Vendetta is like Fight Club tied to a missile'.

It is hugely contraversial but remember it is based on a comic book written in the 80's - funny how it might ruffle some serious feathers around the world when it's released.

Another film I can't wait to see - again because I slaved myself at pinewood on it is The Children of Men. That should be a very dark film but brilliant film. The book is fantastic so I'm hoping the amazing amount of money that was poured in will show and deliver.

Metroid (2006)

So this is actually being made then? Well although the majority of films based on games are shite, Metroid has potential. If it ends up really good and released just before Metroid Prime 3 comes out for Rev, then wow that will gain a lot of interest. If the film turns up shocking though then it will be the opposite :nono:

I worked a bit on V for Vendetta during the London shoots - and from what I've seen of it, it really will be a great/fantastic film - it 'has' the potential to be one of the great films of the current years. An early review I've read said 'Vendetta is like Fight Club tied to a missile'.

It is hugely contraversial but remember it is based on a comic book written in the 80's - funny how it might ruffle some serious feathers around the world when it's released.

Another film I can't wait to see - again because I slaved myself at pinewood on it is The Children of Men. That should be a very dark film but brilliant film. The book is fantastic so I'm hoping the amazing amount of money that was poured in will show and deliver.

the fact that Hugo Weaving is in it secures me a seat

Anyway apparently Aslan is going to be twice as big in Prince Caspian as he was in TL,TW&TW.
Yeah! there's an interview over on http://www.ign.com with the Narnia FX team!

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/689/689008p1.html

I did read the book and more of the creatures that you saw - and there's new ones - are back. There's new hero creatures... There's huge battle sequences. I know from talking to Andrew before he left, he wants to make this bigger and better than The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, so I can only imagine what's in store.

I can say that on behalf of everyone here, and would enjoy working on all seven books if we could."

As far as the character of Aslan, Caspian promises some interesting evolutions in the look of the character who, according to the original writings of C.S. Lewis, more than doubles in size for this tale.

Bill Westenhofer comments on the evolution of Aslan's physical look: "Reading the books, there are some evolutions. One of the challenges is that it is described in the text that he does increase in size. At one point, he's referenced as the size of an elephant. So I think that's where interpretations of the filmmakers are going to come into play and how to pull that off. In this film, he changes size slightly, but I doubt anyone would notice. He's actually five percent bigger after he comes back to life, but even to start with, he was at the top end of the scale of average lion sizes… So, he is a big lion, even at the start. But yeah, I think that's going to be one of the challenges... What creative licenses you carry and how believable that is to have that big a character…"

They're right in saying that they need to be careful in deciding how best to portray a larger Aslan!

IMO it's better to make Aslan look believable bigger than rediculously bigger, even if it means not quite following the original text!

An Elephant sized Lion (in whichever book that reference is made) would look very strange indeed!!

Would be pretty cool to go on and make all 7 books!!

Saw that pic on IGN. Is it meant to be a depressing sort of pic or is that the symbiote suit that eventually becomes Venom with Eddie Brock?

I think that's just a silvery grey pic of his regular costume. I think if we are going to see spidey in the symbiote suit, they'll make something similar to the original.

I don't go to the cinema, it's a rip-off.

I prefer DVDs, and lately I've been preferring films that don't make it to my local cinema because they would prefer to show Wallace and Grommit on all 18 screens than show Howl's Moving Castle.

No disrespect, Wallace and Grommit is great, but there is too much priority put on the crap films and the small fry films don't get shown long enough (1 or 2 showings at the most)