NEurope
Cube

Kirby and the Forgotten Land (March 25th 2022)

This is by far the best looking game on the horizon for Switch at the moment I reckon, and it really feels as if HAL Laboratory are putting their heart and soul into it. :love: I imagine the motivation of it being Kirby's 30th anniversary has played a part as well, but yeah, they definitely appear to be on to something special with this game.

Those Mouthful Mode transformations are kind of creeping me out though. :grin:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It's a pity EA own most of the rights to Beetle Adventure Racing. I've always wanted to play it, but I doubt they'll allow Ninty to put it on NSO without a stupidly hefty price tag.

• Like 2

Kirby the meme machine.

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

It's a pity EA own most of the rights to Beetle Adventure Racing. I've always wanted to play it, but I doubt they'll allow Ninty to put it on NSO without a stupidly hefty price tag.

I\m so glad I have kept all my old games from the SNES era up to present day. My N64 collection could be worth a few thousand as they are all pretty much in their boxes still.

• Like 1

On 10/02/2022 at 7:10 PM, Ashley said:

Loving the responses on Twitter

Oh hey, that's my friend Mari, she's in my local Smash scene (and plays a very solid Zelda). Does some very cute art as well.

If this tweet was trending (even if only in VG-related topics), that's pretty cool.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/02/2022 at 7:11 PM, Glen-i said:

Also hoping it comes to the N64 NSO service but I didn't realise there might be any rights issues to untangle. :( BAR is a fun game with a really satisfying sense of discovery when you find a shortcut/ new route through a stage. 

This looks absolutely amazing, really looking forward to it!! I'm wondering how car mouth for example will work with the 2-player mode? Maybe Waddle Dee goes on the passenger seat?

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, The Cape said:

This looks absolutely amazing, really looking forward to it!! I'm wondering how car mouth for example will work with the 2-player mode? Maybe Waddle Dee goes on the passenger seat?

Good point.

pmoZaZc.png

I can see it being a Wheelie Rider kind of thing :)

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 2

The demo includes three levels and a boss fight. Also a new overview trailer:

(not sure if completely new, it contains a lot of the stuff from the latest Direct but well, it's a new UK version at least.)

Edited by MindFreak
  • Thanks 2

I'll probably skip the demo and just buy the game regardless. Any reactions from people who've played it though?

I'm skipping it too.  Don't need it to know that I want it, so I'd rather just go in fresh.

Seeing as you guys are skipping the demo I'll throw my first impressions in spoiler tags just in case:

Spoiler

Just played the first two stages. It's good that there's a difficulty option so either hard or easy to choose from. After playing Legends Arceus, it's nice to play a game again that looks good! Kirby's such an easy going character and the game is so full of charm. It's pretty easy so far so I wonder if the difficulty goes up in the main game. Controls are pretty easy and straightforward. There are little missions within each level to complete which helps with wanting to explore. And it's really level based, no open worlds.

Edit: just finished the demo (it's actually 2 levels and a boss fight). There is replay value in the demo as well.

Edited by Dufniall
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Dufniall said:

Seeing as you guys are skipping the demo I'll throw my first impressions in spoiler tags just in case:

First impressions (Hide contents)

Just played the first two stages. It's good that there's a difficulty option so either hard or easy to choose from. After playing Legends Arceus, it's nice to play a game again that looks good! Kirby's such an easy going character and the game is so full of charm. It's pretty easy so far so I wonder if the difficulty goes up in the main game. Controls are pretty easy and straightforward. There are little missions within each level to complete which helps with wanting to explore. And it's really level based, no open worlds.

Edit: just finished the demo (it's actually 2 levels and a boss fight). There is replay value in the demo as well.

I like the sound of little missions within each level, always gives these sorts of platformers a bit more depth

4 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I like the sound of little missions within each level, always gives these sorts of platformers a bit more depth

If it's anything like Kirby's Dreamland 3 (And I would be surprised if it isn't), 100% completion of those missions will be mandatory to get the true ending, the true final boss and all the real post-game modes like The True Arena.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MindFreak said:

I'll play it later, looking forward to it. Normally I would skip Kirby games because they are simply too easy and not interesting but this looks way better overall. 

Kirby basically has two phases of gameplay, super easy, and super difficult.

Super difficult tends to be the post-credits stuff.

Star Allies's take on the arena is legit one of the hardest things I've done in Kirby history. It is positively brutal!

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

to get the true ending, the true final boss and all the real post-game modes like The True Arena.

truly

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Kirby basically has two phases of gameplay, super easy, and super difficult.

Super difficult tends to be the post-credits stuff.

Star Allies's take on the arena is legit one of the hardest things I've done in Kirby history. It is positively brutal!

maxresdefault.jpg

The difficulty name does not lie...

• Haha 1

I'm not saying games should be soul crushingly difficult all the way through but I just don't think the past Kirby games I've played have had a good balance. They were so easy that it was just not fun to play them.