NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Spider-Man: Miles Morales (12th November 2020)

6 minutes ago, Magnus said:

Man, I was expecting Peter to look different, but I wasn't expecting him to look like a completely different person.

Some comparisons:

Yeah, from John Bubniak to Ben Jordan for the face model. Literally a different person. Have to wonder why they'd make that call, I know they said Ben's a closer match to Yuri's capture, but still, it's super strange! 

Edited by Julius

Did they make him look more Tom Hollandy?

Seems like such a slap in the face (almost literally) to the original guy. Why not get him back again? Did he not have a high enough resolution face?

7 minutes ago, bob said:

Did they make him look more Tom Hollandy?

Seems like such a slap in the face (almost literally) to the original guy. Why not get him back again? Did he not have a high enough resolution face?

Yeah but I meant the real reason, not the porous, bullshitty reason.
  • Like 2

Ok, so here are my top 3 reasons why I think they swapped the faces:

3) The original face guy wanted too much money - could happen? Maybe he thought he had them over a barrel, and when he tried to negotiate for higher pay, they went "nah, fuck it, we'll just swap in some other schmo, nobody will even notice".

2) The original face guy has some horrendous skeletons in his closet and they want to distance themselves early - "Oh that racist homophobe? Never met the guy! Our Peter is played by this person. Always has been!"

1) The whole thing was done on purpose to drum up controversy ahead of the re-release - no such thing as bad news right? They were worried that no-one would care about a remaster of a game that only came out like a year ago, so in order to draw attention to the fact that they've given it prettier graphics, they replace the main guy for absolutely no reason whatsoever, and wait for all the internet chat to roll in!

40 minutes ago, bob said:

2) The original face guy has some horrendous skeletons in his closet and they want to distance themselves early - "Oh that racist homophobe? Never met the guy! Our Peter is played by this person. Always has been!"

Maybe the new face model has something on them.

Really weird decision.  I can only guess that it's something to do with the original actor demanding too much money for this re-release?

Really weird decision.  I can only guess that it's something to do with the original actor demanding too much money for this re-release?
Did you guess? Or are you quoting my 3rd point above?
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, drahkon said:

:nono:

Christ alive. What are people kicking off over? The change in the guy?! People... 🙄

Spoiler

Oooooohhhh baby!

Put it in spoilers, just in case.

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 2

This looks so good. I can only hope they release it on PC one time in the future (in five years...) so that I can play it. Well done to Insomniac for making a great Spiderman game. It's been a long time since that happened. The last one was, what... Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2? 

And jesus, what is driving people to sending death threats over changes to a character in a video game? In a piece of entertainment? People have too little to worry about these days.

Caught up on some of the Game Informer coverage, and the game continues to look great! The suit @Map shared is awesome, and the higher frame rate and faster loading times have really been on show from the little we've seen so far. Just as an example:

On 14/10/2020 at 8:26 AM, ArtMediocre said:

Well done to Insomniac for making a great Spiderman game. It's been a long time since that happened. The last one was, what... Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2? 

Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro and Spider-Man 2 would like to have a word with you, among others :p funnily enough Enter Electro and its predecessor were both developed by Neversoft, who also developed THPS2, and their first Spider-Man game and THPS2 came out just a few weeks apart!

Spoiler

Photos taken by Eddie Brock, huh? 

It could definitely be a different take on things, but what in expecting to see (and had been before) is Eddie coming in to be Venom at some point (second host), and we end up finding out that Harry was being used as a host for the symbiote when we saw him at the end of SM 2018 purely for medical/healing purposes (first host). Same host order as in the comics, too. 

Could set that up at the end of Miles Morales and then see Harry and Venom in Spider-Man down the line? :D

Digital Foundry breaking down the new Game Informer coverage:

Just finished replaying Spider-Man and going to dive into the DLC next for the first time. My excitement is definitely going up for this :D

Well this has certainly sold me on the game if I can play the whole game fro  start to finish using this suit.

The animation effects for using the suit are just so damn good. They've nailed that Into the Spiderverse look.

Edit: non-Twitter version for everyone:

Edited by Ganepark32
  • Like 4

New CGI ad for the game, always love these:

Hoping they'll give us a longer version like they did with Spider-Man! 

Over on Marvel's channel tomorrow looks like we're getting what might be considered a State of Play equivalent? 

Yeah while I'm sure it'll be a great watch, we're only two weeks away, so I don't need to see anymore :p

Reviews are up:

DF:

Round up of early scores:

Edited by Julius

Watching more videos on the Miles game it’s actually bothering me a bit now that the new Peter model and Miles look the same age. It was a nice change of pace to have an older Spider-man which just feels like it’s been completely reversed.

Watched the Digital Foundry video last night, and I am completely torn about whether I'll be playing in Fidelity or Performance Mode. The ray tracing and effects look superb, and I'm a sucker for taking screenshots of a good-looking game, but at the same time, those 60 fps look so damn smooth

Anyone else having the same conflict, or come to a conclusion on which they'll end up playing the game in? 

22 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Watching more videos on the Miles game it’s actually bothering me a bit now that the new Peter model and Miles look the same age. It was a nice change of pace to have an older Spider-man which just feels like it’s been completely reversed.

Totally agree. Finished a replay of the original last week and it's DLC, and the old Peter model looked like a bit of a mashup of Maguire and Garfield, which I really liked, because it felt like it matched Yuri's voice (I played in the Raimi suit and he feels like a dead ringer for Maguire's Spidey when he's pulling out quips). Having played that quite recently, and planning to dive straight into Miles Morales at launch, got to admit I'm a little bit concerned that the new Peter model isn't going to be in this game enough for me to actually get used to it. 

And yeah, he really does look around the same age as Miles now. I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually, but the little snippets we've seen so far just haven't been enough for me to adjust! 

Edited by Julius

10 minutes ago, Julius said:

Watched the Digital Foundry video last night, and I am completely torn about whether I'll be playing in Fidelity or Performance Mode. The ray tracing and effects look superb, and I'm a sucker for taking screenshots of a good-looking game, but at the same time, those 60 fps look so damn smooth

Anyone else having the same conflict, or come to a conclusion on which they'll end up playing the game in? 

I was convinced I was gonna play through the game in performance mode for the 60fps but the fancier graphics really do look impressive and I don’t really want to miss out on them. I think I may play it in fidelity mode for the story then once I’m just messing around in the city or clearing up side quests then I’ll switch to performance mode.

Launch trailer is out, and I am not going to be watching it. Warning: apparently there are some pretty big spoilers for things we haven't yet seen from the game in the trailer. 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this