NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Resident Evil 4, Remake and 0 heading to Switch.

Yep, while the US is getting a physical release with 0 and 1 bundled. Guess I could import, but I really don't want to and support Capcom in these silly decisions.

Unless Nintendo are paying to publish Capcom’s games for them in Europe; this bollocks will unfortunately continue.

Capcom really liked the cushy relationship they had in the 3DS era and are NOT happy with how they got dropped when Switch came around.

3 hours ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Yep, while the US is getting a physical release with 0 and 1 bundled. Guess I could import, but I really don't want to and support Capcom in these silly decisions.

Yeah, I get you. I imported the Ace Attorney Trilogy but part of me wonders if I should have bothered.

Well, this just keeps getting better and better. The Origins Collection will only feature one game on the actual cart and you'll have to download the other. The kicker is that Zero is the one on the cart. Out of all 3 of the games being released they pick the worst one to release physically. :D 

• Thanks 1
  • Weird 1

And 4 doesn't seem to get any physical release at all, in any region. The game people want most?

Anyway, I already have 4 physically, so I guess it's not a huge problem. In this case. May download RE1 to experience it for the first time, and RE4 as a convenient backup.

Edited by Sméagol

News about this is already poor but luckily they haven't stooped so low as offering these games as streaming only as they did with Resident Evil 7 in Japan.

As a physical release especially if they released this in Europe, I would have got this (even though I have these games already several times) but now this is a no buy from me.

As already mentioned this release is a bit odd coming off the back of the remake of Resident Evil 2. When is that game coming on the Switch exactly?

Edited by sumo73

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Well, this just keeps getting better and better. The Origins Collection will only feature one game on the actual cart and you'll have to download the other. The kicker is that Zero is the one on the cart. Out of all 3 of the games being released they pick the worst one to release physically. :D 

Funnily enough Zero is the title I'm interested in the most, as it's the only game out of these three that I haven't played. I've played RE1 on PC looong ago and again on the DS but I may be tempted with a HD version. 4 I've played on the GameCube and the Wii, so I don't even know if I need that again at this point.

1 hour ago, sumo73 said:

As already mentioned this release is a bit odd coming off the back of the remake of Resident Evil 2. When is that game coming on the Switch exactly?

There would have to be significant downgrades done to get Resident Evil 2 remake running on the Switch. The game already pushes the base PS4 to it's limits. Mine sounded like a jet engine every time I played it due to it working the system so hard.

37 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

There would have to be significant downgrades done to get Resident Evil 2 remake running on the Switch. The game already pushes the base PS4 to it's limits. Mine sounded like a jet engine every time I played it due to it working the system so hard.

I think when Capcom gave Japanese audiences RE7 as a steaming service on the Switch it kinda killed anything else off.

Ah Capcom... playing exactly to expectations again I see. :D

If these had been physical releases then, I would have paid £25 per physical game.

As it is... digitally? These titles might be worth a tenner to me or less, especially if they take up a signifcant amount of storage space.

Just as well that I own...

Resident Evil 0, 1, 2, 3, CVX & 4 on the GameCube Resi 2, 3 & CV on the DC, Resi 4 on the Wii and Resi 0, 1, 2(remake), CVX, 4, 5, 6 & VII (also Revelations 1 & 2) on the PS4.

(also Resident Evil on the Sega Saturn, Resident Evil 2 on the N64 and Revelations on the 3DS... plus there might be a copy of Resident Evil Gaiden on the GameBoy somewhere)

I think I'm all good on the Resident Evil games front, but thanks anyway. ;)

The PS4/One are the best places to play the series as most of the games are on those consoles. I think all they are missing is Resident Evil 3 and I imagine, given the success of the RE2 remake, Capcom will be looking to sort out that one next.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The PS4/One are the best places to play the series as most of the games are on those consoles. I think all they are missing is Resident Evil 3 and I imagine, given the success of the RE2 remake, Capcom will be looking to sort out that one next.

All I want is portable RE4.  As long as I get that, the rest is gravy :D 

(I would actually want RE:RE 2 of course, but I’ve made my peace with that on Switch).

Edited by Dcubed

11 hours ago, Dcubed said:

All I want is portable RE4.  As long as I get that, the rest is gravy :D 

You're way too lenient.

Because all I want is portable RE4... With gyro controls.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

You're way too lenient.

Because all I want is portable RE4... With gyro controls.

Oh and this of course! Considering that both RE:R and RE:R2 have it on Switch though; I'd be really shocked if we don't get it with RE4.

Looks like Capcom are charging $30 for each game. Absolutely ridiculous that they are screwing over Switch owners with these releases.

• Angry 1

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

Looks like Capcom are charging $30 for each game. Absolutely ridiculous that they are screwing over Switch owners with these releases.

$30... digitally? For each game? :blank:

Nope nope nope! :shakehead

#NotOnMySwitch

Never played 0, so I might pick that up. Would anyone care to give me a snap review? Thanks in advance

1 minute ago, LazyBoy said:

Never played 0, so I might pick that up. Would anyone care to give me a snap review? Thanks in advance

Resident Evil 0, prequel to the original, stars Billy the convict and Rebecca Chambers from the first game.

Uses a character switch system, you can swap between characters at almost any time in game, this can lead to some interesting puzzles.

Same engine used as the REmake on the GameCube I believe, so expect something smiliar but also different, locations are more varied I think.

Quite an underrated entry in the series, it's something I'd rather play than some of the later entries personally (5 & 6) even if they have their own "charm" this is more classic Resi.

Don't worry about the price.. Capcom games go on sale after a month. Wait a few sales, and they'll quickly be down to 50% off.

• Thanks 1

Eurogamer are doing good work and have reached out to Capcom to ask why the hell Switch owners are getting charged £30 each for a digital game when they launched at around £20 on disc for the PS4 and One. It will be interesting to see what their response, that is if they even respond.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Eurogamer are doing good work and have reached out to Capcom to ask why the hell Switch owners are getting charged £30 each for a digital game when they launched at around £20 on disc for the PS4 and One. It will be interesting to see what their response, that is if they even respond.

Particularly annoying that you can get the Origins Collection for £20 on other platforms, a difference of £40 over the Switch version! 

I was really excited about playing RE4 again on the Switch but I think I'll hold off until it's a bit cheaper. 

I guess that Capcom took the RE4 Merchant “I’ll buy it at a high price!” meme literally!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Weird 1

Dat Switch tax. Not at all unexpected!

Sign in to follow this