Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Indie Games

Ronnie

WIll pick up Mantis when it’s £10 and Worms when it’s £10-15. Willing to wait and think they are a bout £5 too much at the moment. ‘Annoyingly’ WORMS was PS+ free game this month which made me more inclined to miss the Switch version for now. Really tempted by mantis but it could do with more backdrops.

would love a good racer outside of Mario Kart on Switch but won’t pay £40 for Gear.Club or the £32 for Snow Moto/Aqua Moto which are £15 games at best. 

Can't wait for this, looks great

Explore a sprawling mountain with over 600 levels bursting with secrets, across 8 unique chapters. Unlock a hardcore B-Sides for each chapter, with completely new levels that will push your climbing skills to the limit.

Madeline can air-dash and climb any surface to gain ground. Controls are simple and accessible, but super tight and expressive with layers of depth to master. Deaths are sudden and respawns are fast. You’ll die a lot, but you’ll learn something every time.

Meet peculiar characters and climb through a character-driven story of confronting your self-doubt to find yourself, set in the present-day Pacific Northwest. Uncover the mystery of the mountain’s power and outrun your reflection on your journey to reach the top.

Edited by Ronnie

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

This review literally tells me nothing about the game itself.  I haven't the faintest clue about how the game plays just from reading it :laughing:

There's one throwaway sentence that sort of vaguely explains the game concept, but makes no attempt to explain anything about what the gameplay is actually like or how it sustains itself (or does not) throughout.  I don't know anything about whether or not it is fun to play, or even tolerable.  It just reads like someone looked at a few screenshots or a trailer, loved the art style and wanked on about it because they didn't bother playing the actual game.

D-, please review the game and not the art style.

That being said, the game concept does look pretty neat though (from watching the trailer, not from reading the Eurogamer review, that was just useless :p)

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

This review literally tells me nothing about the game itself.  I haven't the faintest clue about how the game plays just from reading it :laughing:

There's one throwaway sentence that sort of vaguely explains the game concept, but makes no attempt to explain anything about what the gameplay is actually like or how it sustains itself (or does not) throughout.  I don't know anything about whether or not it is fun to play, or even tolerable.  It just reads like someone looked at a few screenshots or a trailer, loved the art style and wanked on about it because they didn't bother playing the actual game.

D-, please review the game and not the art style.

That's how you review a game these days. You look at the box art and a few screenshots, read impressions from other people, watch the ending on YouTube and then create something that looks like a review. :D 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

That's how you review a game these days. You look at the box art and a few screenshots, read impressions from other people, watch the ending on YouTube and then create something that looks like a review. :D 

Not gonna lie... Back when I was a wee lad, writing for my college newsletter (I used to review movies/plays every so often), I actually used to do that for the films/shows that I wasn't particularly interested in :laughing:

Of course I'd never do that now... maybe... (Nah, I actually do like most of the games I review to some extent :hehe:)

Edited by Dcubed
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dcubed said:

Not gonna lie... Back when I was a wee lad, writing for my college newsletter (I used to review movies/plays every so often), I actually used to do that for the films/shows that I wasn't particularly interested in :laughing:

Of course I'd never do that now... maybe... (Nah, I actually do like most of the games I review to some extent :hehe:)

I knew you didn't play some of the games you reviewed! Its the only thing that explains your Star Fox Zero score. :p 

• Haha 1