NEurope
Ronnie

Indie Games

Wargroove!

9s7hzpLQqSIoXMRjUXKA_Sunglasses.gif

Chucklefish Games!

My new HEROES!

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!

Wargroove!

9s7hzpLQqSIoXMRjUXKA_Sunglasses.gif

Chucklefish Games!

My new HEROES!

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!

Sooooo, now how much longer can you resist buying a Switch? ;)

Anyone know when Bindonf Of Isaac is coming out in the UK?

Been trying to find out the same. No news yet that I can find.

Been trying to find out the same. No news yet that I can find.

Bit strange isn't it. Same thing happened with Tomrorow Corporation games and such, they all just seem to be being released the moment they're ready, but with almost no prewarning of when that might be.

To be fair thats how a lot of Indie games launch isnt it?

For the US it was announced ahead of time what date it would launch.

Anyone know when Bindonf Of Isaac is coming out in the UK?

It's a Nicalis game so you could be waiting forever for it to be released over here.

Why not just use the US eShop and buy it that way?

By the way, if Vlambeer ever decide to bring a game to the Switch avoid it like the plague.

They are horrible developers. People are still waiting for a patch on the Nuclear Throne Vita version. The game crashes every minute and has bugs that make progress impossible. It's been 1 1/2 years after the game's launch...

By the way, if Vlambeer ever decide to bring a game to the Switch avoid it like the plague.

They are horrible developers. People are still waiting for a patch on the Nuclear Throne Vita version. The game crashes every minute and has bugs that make progress impossible. It's been 1 1/2 years after the game's launch...

Listen to this man. They make a wonderful game but then they complain about Sony's approval process as a reason for holding their patches up. It has been royally broken for years now on Vita; there's only so much they can blame on the approval process.

It's a Nicalis game so you could be waiting forever for it to be released over here.

It is a consideration, what's off-putting though is it annoys me having to click on which user to use whenever i open a game or the eshop, so I actually want to get rid of my Japanese user (once Puyo puyo is out here)....

Snake pass up on us eShop now. Currently downloading

I had it pre-ordered for 20% off on PSN, downloaded it in work and played an hour before i went to bed. It's a lot of fun, very simple gameplay.

Ahh, World of Goo is every bit as brilliant as I remember it being. Controls feel fantastic with the Joycons too! Just as good as the Wii Remote. Visuals look nice in HD as well (not massively different from Wii, given the clean art style, but the finer details are clearer and sharper and just that bit more pleasant).

Really great how you can seamlessly switch to the touchscreen as well (which, while not as good as the pointer controls of the Wiimote of Joycon, work will in their own right for portable play).

Can't recommend WOG enough. If you haven't played it before, it's an absolute belter! One of the best games to ever hit the Wii, now even better!

Played the first few levels of Snake Pass too. Really cool game, slow paced but makes you think. Great fun!

Speaking of which, anyone know what happened to 90's arcade racer? Seemed quite polished and finished before it just evaporated.

Well, I obviously read it wrong...

Mr Shifty looks cool. Sweet music, too. Might pick this up on the PS4 :)

Out next week and it's priced at just under a fiver. If I had a Switch I'd certainly be picking it up.

Looks great, another to add to the long list of games on Switch I need to pick up.

Edited by Ronnie

Well this isn't good...

[Tweet]855466182505369605[/tweet]

Seems weird they'd be making that judgment. I'd understand if they're helping bring it over, but if not why stop it?

Well this isn't good...

Seems weird they'd be making that judgment. I'd understand if they're helping bring it over, but if not why stop it?

Shortage of dev kits? Wouldn't be a Nintendo product without a bit of artifical scarcity now would it? ;)

NintendoLife have done a great piece on the indie scene on the Switch. There are developers out there who feel they have been treated really harshly by Nintendo and have been left out in the cold.

Well worth a read.

HERE

The article comes not long after Dan Adelman vented his frustration on Twitter about how they couldn't get Axiom Verge out on the Switch due to Nintendo simply not talking to them.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

NintendoLife have done a great piece on the indie scene on the Switch. There are developers out there who feel they have been treated really harshly by Nintendo and have been left out in the cold.

Well worth a read.

HERE

The article comes not long after Dan Adelman vented his frustration on Twitter about how they couldn't get Axiom Verge out on the Switch due to Nintendo simply not talking to them.

Some real madness in there. The no ports thing is bizarre. Why have they too some developers this but other ports are allowed?

Not telling developers what the NX actually was is crazy. I don't understand why they would do this. It's nintendo though.......

This is why Marketing and finance departments shouldn't be making decisions on studios.

NOA never seems to look good and who runs that? Reggie

Edited by liger05

Well worth a read.

HERE

I was surprised when they first unveiled their list of partners and WayForward wasn't on it. What a great studio not to have on your system.

Personally, I do think it's good to limit true shovelware (not counting high-quality ports), as you can really feel you've wasted your money, but this seems the other extreme. I once had some spare points on DSi - bought something that controlled terribly and was clearly designed for mobile phones. We're better off without that sort of stuff, but not yet allowing acclaimed titles like Axiom Verge? I find that very hard to understand.

I was surprised when they first unveiled their list of partners and WayForward wasn't on it. What a great studio not to have on your system.

Personally, I do think it's good to limit true shovelware (not counting high-quality ports), as you can really feel you've wasted your money, but this seems the other extreme. I once had some spare points on DSi - bought something that controlled terribly and was clearly designed for mobile phones. We're better off without that sort of stuff, but not yet allowing acclaimed titles like Axiom Verge? I find that very hard to understand.

Reading the article it seems like NoA is the issue. The game that got mentioned (Vroom or something?) is, by all accounts, an absolutely terrible and buggy game, yet it's been allowed on the service, while something like Axiom Verge has been pushed aside. NoJ allowed this game on the eShop.

While I can see what they are trying to achieve, they are going about it the wrong way. It's not like it's even working, either. Mr. Shifty was released the other week and the game is supposed to be a bit of a broken mess. Reports for gamers and Nintendo podcasters have stated that it has horrible crashing issues, especially towards the end of the game. You don't want games like that headlining your digital shop for the week.