NEurope
Helmsly

Super Mario Odyssey

7 minutes ago, Blade said:

@Hero-of-Time

Just met your favourite character

Annoying Character (Reveal hidden contents)

Captain Toad! I felt rage

Spoiler

Was it him or just another Toad? I came across a blue Toad trying to sell me tips.

20 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:
  Spoiler (Hide contents)

Was it him or just another Toad? I came across a blue Toad trying to sell me tips.

Spoiler

Yep - it was. First level - highest point under the top on a ledge. 

Just now, Blade said:
  Spoiler (Hide contents)

Yep - it was. First level - highest point under the top on a ledge. 

I completely missed that, however...

Spoiler

I just found him on the second world! Chuffed to bits. His little theme tune is there!

Ah, the first people to play Mario are posting.. That's my cue to stop visiting this thread for a while.

On another note, I forgot it releases on the same day as Stranger things season 2 (at least officially).

Guess I won't be watching Stranger things then.

Amazon have say they have dispatched mine but expecting it on Friday. It’s bullshit

I'm five Kingdoms in so far. Its definitely a fun game. I doubt I'll spend all my time trying to 100% each world but just carry on through to the end. I'm happier going back to them later to try and get more moons.

Oh my god guys you bunch of cock teases.... Nintendo haven’t even sent mine 😣

im going to be so hard playing this game I just know it!!!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Helmsly said:

Apparently you can pre-install Mario Odyssey on the Japanese and American eshops right now. Currently not on the EU one just yet though.

Can pre-order on the EU eShop now.

• Like 1

Just finished the 8th world...

giphy.gif

Sooooo good. Absolute genius. I had a massive grin on my face the whole time. :D 

I may call it a night now. Think I've been on it around 6 hours straight.   It's been a hell of a game so far.

• Like 4

I'm only part way through the 3rd kingdom.

Its such a charm to play. I like discovering the moon pieces. Some are quite clever.

I'm really enjoying the approach Nintendo has taken with this game. Ive never enjoyed exploring so much in a Mario game like this before.

I'm going to call it a night. My farm needs attending to on Stardew Valley (what a game that is too!).

Edited by Blade
  • Like 1

Yeah, exploration element is done so well. There's not many areas that are just blank. There seems to be something to discover just about everywhere. 

My experience with Mario games came in handy while I was exploring the 3rd world.

Spoiler

I was just running around near the quicksand and noticed a very tiny crack at the bottom of the wall. I decided to go all Super Mario Bros. 2 on it and sink in the sand to see if I could squeeze through. Sure enough, it worked! :D 

• Like 1

I might have to start avoiding this thread now :sad:

I know everyone has been great with spoiler tags so far but they're not working :hmm:

When viewing on my phone, the content of the spoilers is visible when the page loads meaning I've stumbled across @Hero-of-Time's 'favourite' character, which thankfully wasn't a big deal..

Is this a known problem?

6 hours ago, nekunando said:

Is this a known problem?

Hmmm... not sure. Probably best to ask Ash or Shorty in the bugs and glitches topic.

Seeing how there is a fair amount of waggle in the game, I have switched from using the standard pad to now using the joy-cons in separate hands. It took me a while to get used to it because tiny but it certainly made it easier to pull over certain moves. 

I was going to post some screenshots ( in spoiler tags of course ) but with the game being delivered early I was unable to upload them to twitter. :( 

It's gonna be a looooooong day at work today as I can't wait to get back on the game. I was thinking about bringing the Switch with me to work but then figured my productivity would no doubt take a massive nose dive. :D 

7 hours ago, nekunando said:

I might have to start avoiding this thread now :sad:

I know everyone has been great with spoiler tags so far but they're not working :hmm:

I've tried this on my laptop and you're right. As the page loads, Blade's spoiler becomes visible for a second and then goes back into hiding. It's certainly not ideal for those not wanting things spoiled for them.

The spoiler tag thing is something that needs sorting. 

Anyway, I couldn't sleep last night as I was thinking about this game. That hasn't happened in a long time.

@Hero-of-Time i've been using the waggle controls from the get go due to the game recommending them. I've found them surprisingly straightforward to use.

2 minutes ago, Blade said:

The spoiler tag thing is something that needs sorting. 

Anyway, I couldn't sleep last night as I was thinking about this game. That hasn't happened in a long time.

@Hero-of-Time i've been using the waggle controls from the get go due to the game recommending them. I've found them surprisingly straightforward to use.

The need to constantly keep refreshing a page just so you can post could do with being sorted, as well.

Yeah, the waggle is easy to use but i'd prefer an option that disables it but you still somehow get the benefits it gives you when doing certain moves. I just don't like using motion controls, whatever form they take.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The need to constantly keep refreshing a page just so you can post could do with being sorted, as well.

Yeah, the waggle is easy to use but i'd prefer an option that disables it but you still somehow get the benefits it gives you when doing certain moves. I just don't like using motion controls, whatever form they take.

Good point. I dislike all forms of motion control too. 

Annoyingly this must mean that the full experience can't be enjoyed in handheld mode as the screen would be moving to get the motion in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blade said:

Annoyingly this must mean that the full experience can't be enjoyed in handheld mode as the screen would be moving to get the motion in.

That's a good point, actually. I never even thought about that. 

Just saying, the post-game is where the real fun starts...! And you can't complete each world right off the bat, you need to go back later on.

3 minutes ago, Blade said:

Good point. I dislike all forms of motion control too. 

This is true. I've played mostly in handheld mode but had to take off the JoyCons at some points in order to perform some moves.

Edited by MindFreak

Just now, MindFreak said:

Just saying, the post-game is where the real fun starts...! And you can't complete each world right off the bat, you need to go back later on.

Standard Mario affair, then. 

Yeah, I figured you couldn't complete the worlds on your first run. There seems to be certain things that may require something that I don't have yet.

Mine has shipped. Tesco offer you to 'track delivery' and you look and it just says shipped which amused me. 

• Haha 1

Loving these impressions, making it the wait that much harder.

Review embargo up at 2pm today, UK time