NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Which Game Are You Mostly Looking Forward To This Year?

So...which single game are you itching to get your hands on?

You can only choose one. :D

For me...It's definitely No Man's Sky. I'm pretty much counting the hours down until I can finally play it. It still seems like it's so far away!

E3 may reveal something that we're not yet aware of and will certainly shed some light on The Legend of Zelda for Wii U. Until then, it's unquestionably Starfox Zero.. and that's genuinely because I'm excited, not because it's the only game coming out on Wii U :heh:

I don't know what's even still coming out this year. Dark Souls 3 or Final Fantasy XV though are what I know I'm looking forward to.

the-last-guardian-screenshot-04_1920.0.jpg

Or

horizon-zero-dawn-screen-01-us-15jun15?$MediaCarousel_Original$

Honestly would be surpised if either actually come out this year though.

If No Man's Sky lives remotely to the billing then I'll be stoked. I can hardly imagine what an 'event game' it'll be, with everyone rushing off at once and finding new / cool stuff. But I'm still not totally convinced it'll amount to what is promised. Been burned by too many lame Steam games - 'procedurally generated' all too often equates to dull, repetitive, and lacking in character from my experience. But I really hope they nail it.

Other than the obvious choice of Zelda U, I think The Last Guardian is the one I'm most excited about.

This is a toughie as there are so many good games coming out this year. Yeah, I can't pick just one. :D

Probably No Man's Sky is the only game I'm considering buying this year. Unless something fantastic gets shown off at E3 or if I suddenly get gifted a Vive and a PC to run it on the...

Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition. Three games of Fire Emblem goodness in one - can't wait.

Legend or Zelda Wii U. If it comes out this year.

Of all the games coming out which have an announced release date, the one I'm most looking forward to is Mirror's Edge Catalyst. Sure, No Man's Sky looks awesome and I'd love to see Michel Ancel's WiLD get released this year, but for me a new Mirror's Edge beats out everything. Huge fan of the original game and go back and play it every now and again so the chance to play more and new content within a more open environment has me champing at the bit.

The best bit is that there's not too long to go until it is finally released :bouncy: Hopefully it does well enough that DICE don't leave it sitting for another 8 odd years for another game.

Once that's out, it's definitely Wild that I'm looking forward to and seriously hope it hits towards the tail end of the year (though I suspect it'll probably come out early 2017 seeing as very little has been shown since last year).

My most anticipated game of this year already came out.

250px-Super_Mystery_Dungeon_EN_boxart.png

And it was worth every penny!

Persona 5 & Zelda NX/WIiU

I'd love to add Final Fantasy 7 remake to that list but it can wait till 2018

I would be Fire Emblem Fates... if I could buy the limited edition but I can't so... ::shrug:

Star Fox Zero, as I'm looking forward to it even more with each passing day. :)

It would have to be Fire Emblem Fates for me too! Love the FE games and have been looking forward to this one for a while, so it's great to finally have a date for it. :)

maxresdefault.jpg

Other than that I am looking forward to Horizon, The Last Guardian and Zelda, however since there are no dates yet for those, it's difficult to get excited for them just yet!

Hatsune Miku Future Tone, I'll get a PS4 as soon as it's released!

Boy, this is a toughie. Could be Uncharted 4, Horizon: Zero Dawn (if it comes this year), No Man's Sky or Zelda U

New Red Dead game looks like it'll be announced at E3 after the games map has leaked. Looks enormous.

Zelda.... It;s not even close.... At the minute.

If they announce Mario Galaxy 3 at e3 though....

Zelda without a doubt. That Magic.

Uncharted 4.

But possibly the sequel to one of my fav games of all time...

223801_1a.jpg

how could i forget about Deus EX?! been looking forward to a sequel to Human Revolution since i completed it the first time

how could i forget about Deus EX?! been looking forward to a sequel to Human Revolution since i completed it the first time
Human Revolution is the only game (that I can remember) that upon completion I played the entire game through again and had no qualms about doing so. I even wanted to go through it a third time and get the Platinum, but that's a bit of a stretch.

I had the digital standard edition, and then I bought the physical directors cut so I could play through the integrated DLC mission.

That game is a masterpiece.

Edited by Retro_Link

Had completely forgotten about the new Deus Ex myself. It's out in August is it not? That one is really flying under the radar as I don't think there's been that much shown of it so far. Guessing there'll be something out of E3, though probably just another CG trailer.

The only thing I found was that while they make great trailers for the first game (the one's for Human Revolution were great and really got me pumped for playing it), the gameplay didn't quite match the fidelity of it. Just a small bug bear, I know the trailer isn't supposed to be representative of the actual game (especially being a CG one) but I'd have liked something that played as high octane as some of the trailers made it out. Was still a fantastic game though and now that I've been reminded of the sequel, eagerly awaiting that hitting.

Zelda.... It;s not even close.... At the minute.

If they announce Mario Galaxy 3 at e3 though....

So, what are you looking forward to the most now? :D