Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

EEVIL'S New Year Resolution Thread 2016

EEVILMURRAY

Can't remember what mine were last year, but I'm fairly sure buying a house was on there, which has been done. Super happy with how 2015 went, since we're now in a house that we fixed up ourself and I'm very proud of what we accomplished. Almost everything in the house is there because we wanted it, not because it was how the previous owner had it.

This year I just want to earn more money to make things more comfortable. Not that we're struggling or anything, it's just more money would always be nice (and mo' problems apparently)

I'm not doing all yo' work for yo' punk asses.

Worst.Threadstarter.Ever!

Get yer 2015 resolutions right here!

2015 resolutions

- Get a new job and move to a different city

Yep. Got a job with Boots and moved to Nottingham (and now will be moving again in two weeks).

- Lose weight/continue getting fitter

I did lose weight. Not as much as I'd like (and I put a few pounds back on over christmas) but I consider myself to be reasonably thin now.

- Get a new hobby

Yep. I tried bouldering. I also regularly play badminton.

- Up your dating game

When on a few dates this year. Even had a girlfriend for a while (before she got deported).

Overall a fairly successful year. Probably the first time I've achieved me resolutions.

2016 Resolutions

-Get settled in quickly at Reading

-Make a good impression in the new job

-Try to meet new people

-Achieve your ideal weight

-Find some regular five a side footy

-Keep up the badminton

-Increase the house deposit fund by at least 5k (with a view to buy in 2017 if all goes well)

My New Years Resolution?

720 X 480 @60Hz ;)

It is related though because I have vowed in the 2015 Activity Log thread to play more games.

Which for me means in addition to all my modern consoles I'll also be playing on my Nintendo Gamecube more - hence the resolution - which will mostly entail playing more Phantasy Star Online, amongst other games as well. : peace:

Worst.Threadstarter.Ever!

Get yer 2015 resolutions right here!

Ta, added it to the first post.

-Increase the house deposit fund by at least 5k (with a view to buy in 2017 if all goes well)

Bloody out-of-Londoners and their achievable house prices!

I didn't make any last year so I achieved them all :yay:

This year I'm not making resolutions as such, but I made a note of things I dislike/want changing in my life and will see where I am at the end of 2016 (so it's similar, but less "I will do x").

And a lot of it revolves around the fact I leave work in five weeks.

Buy a house/flat/property in Bristol

Get a job in a proper design agency (although I do really enjoy my current job so this isn't a priority)

Get fitter - as fit or better than I was between my second and third year of University (18 months ago)

LOL.

My year basically collapsed when my epilepsy decided to make a comeback. As a result I lost my driving license which meant I had to give up my job. Haven't managed to find another job and although I am now living in Bristol I'm staying with my brother and sister in law. I am also the most unfit I have ever been so I failed that one as well.

Not gonna make any resolutions this year, that way I got look back at this thread and feel like a complete failure!

Bloody out-of-Londoners and their achievable house prices!

To be fair Reading isn't much less than outer London. However the difference is in London the Help to Buy ISA/Scheme can be used on houses up to £450,000. Outside of London it can only be used on houses worth up to £250,000. In Reading there are no houses less than £250,000; the cheapest ones start around £280,000, and realistically for an area that I'd be looking at it's over £300,000. Which means I'm going to have to buy a flat (which I never wanted to do as it's only leasehold, you can't make home improvements, and you have to pay maintenance fees).

Going into the new year in a much bigger and nicer place, having put aside a nice starting amount to build some decent savings and having had one decent holiday last year with some major caveats and lessons learned.

Plan for 2016 is to keep saving, start drawing again as this year has been a wash on that front and also work on getting that goddamn first tattoo. Oh, another cool holiday as well - except upping the stakes this time to TWO cool holidays.

In terms of goals, 2015 went better than I expected.

I didn't have a great year last year, but I quietly set myself a couple of goals and I'm glad that I achieved them :) I bought a motorbike and got my full license, only just finishing it before the year was up by scoring a pass with zero minors mid-December. I also got out of the house more, agreed to do things, started the whole tinder thing and gave dating another shot. I know that I'm still, over a year later, not fully right in the head after my fiancée left - I lost some friends and all her family when she did and that's left a huge hole in my life, but I'm starting to fill it up again. I've been to look at houses to buy, I've got a great credit rating so I can afford a deposit. I lost 1.5-2 stone by improving my eating and working out.

This year's resolutions, they're not just pipe-dreams, I know I'll do them :)

Buy a decent house where a motorbike can live

Buy a Triumph Street Triple

Get a pay rise

Show work that I can take on a managerial role

Go on more dates

Say yes to anything my friends ask me to go to, as long as I can afford it

Travel around the UK in the Summer by bike

Plan for a Europe trip in 2017

Put the weight back on that I lost last year, and then some, but good weight this time

No more depression!

Last year's resolution

Result

This year's resolution

The biggest news or thing to happen is that Ine and I got engaged! After 7 years of being together, that feels like a huge step. We now have to plan that wedding.

So...

Plan/Save up/Organise our Wedding!

Continue to save for a house/deposit.

We're not actually that far off now. We've got the contract for our flat for the next six months and realistically we'll be looking to get out of this place within the next 12. Hopefully, finger's crossed, we should be in a house this time next year.

To move out of the flat and into our own house! (very possible now)

Continue to increase my lifts, all of theeeeeem.

Great success in a lot of areas. They all increased and I got stronger. My deadlift and squat was great, a big improvement. (160kg deadlift, 115kg squat) I feel like I could keep improving, but unfortunately I'm stopping bulking now and will be cutting.

To be consistent with my exercise and keep my lifts at around the same level as they are now.

Keep bulking to increase my lifts and gain some size.

Did this. Will now be cutting to get my abs to come through.

To look ab-solutely fabulous.

Improve the football team and make them even better. Win a tournament!

Didn't win a tournament, but we definitely look better and are playing better football. We've had a few bad results here and there, but on the whole we've won or drawn a lot more games than previously. We look better even when we're losing.

Keep improving the football team and conquer the world.

To go back to Spain would be great.

Did this. Not sure how likely it'll be as Ine's family are selling off her home there.

To either go abroad somewhere or to visit more places within the UK.

To improve my Dutch/Flemish and Spanish and to be more confident speaking to other people in these languages.

I'm tempted to say that this has been a big success for me. My spoken Flemish has improved and I now take part in more conversations with Ine's family. My Spanish has steadily improved, but probably not at the same rate as my Flemish. I had some compliments at Christmas from her family, saying that my Flemish is actually better than a lot of people who have been living there for some time.

To improve my Dutch/Flemish and Spanish. I want to be near Fluent by next Christmas in either.

To start looking at the basics of the keyboard.

Didn't do this, but have gotten into Guitar more and have purchased some awesome pedals. I'm enjoying guitar more than ever and I feel like I understand things more. Only downside is that I feel like we haven't got enough room for me to leave things set up permanently. Maybe that'll change with us getting a house.

To improve with all of my instruments. Start to learn keyboard.

To continue with this and to get that drum kit.

No chance of this due to current living situation. Need a house and then we'll think about this.

To continue with the instruments and get a drum kit.

So...it's been a successful year. In terms of lifting weights, I've been probably at my most consistent and have definitely seen improvements. Having an olympic weights set at last is a huge boost towards this! I'm the strongest I've ever been. My languages have got better and I think it's been a successful year in this regard. Should help a lot with getting to know Ine's family a bit more and joining in. I'll have to now that we're engaged. :heh: