NEurope
Cube

Super Mario Maker Level IDs

iG9JucuEtOc6U.jpg

Castle Level I made the other night.

I also attempted to remake a couple of levels from other games which you can see if you click on my Mii character if you load this stage. Transylvania from DuckTales for the NES and the sewer stage from level 1 and 2 of TMNT for the NES. They don't translate too well to Mario but I just wanted to try making them anyway :)

I had that same idea (remaking TMNT and Duck Tales stages)!

I've been thinking about creating a 'Track & Field' style stage since before getting Super Mario Maker last week. After being inspired by a couple of levels, including @RedShell's second Wario Ware game, I decided to go ahead and get one made.

Mario & Koopa at the Olympics has now been uploaded :hehe:

237E-0000-0050-5D1A

I've been thinking about creating a 'Track & Field' style stage since before getting Super Mario Maker last week. After being inspired by a couple of levels, including @RedShell's second Wario Ware game, I decided to go ahead and get one made.

Mario & Koopa at the Olympics has now been uploaded :hehe:

237E-0000-0050-5D1A

Just played it. Took quite a few attempts, but got there in the end. :D

Great stuff. icon14.gif Loved the Koopa Troopa rival. :laughing:

My latest courses:

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

: peace:

Made a small level with three 1-up mushrooms to find.

Nothing too hard, the usual Mario stuff.

I've uploaded 3 of my 4 Super Mario World levels. Quite happy with them :)

The last one will be a castle, of course. : peace:

Just played it. Took quite a few attempts, but got there in the end. :D

Great stuff. icon14.gif Loved the Koopa Troopa rival. :laughing:

The sections with Koopa Troopa were developed from an idea I saw in an auto-scrolling level I played the other night. I had some difficulties in creating it in such a way that it worked as intended, going through experiements with barriers, pipes, auto-scrolling speeds and goodness knows what else. In the end, I realised that the only way to work it in this situation was to bring the time down as low as possible in order to force players to run!

Unfortunately, there haven't been many players yet :(

Right guys! My latest level is up!

It doesn't follow the same rules as my last four... Let's just say that ;)

For those who don't understand the context, see this

if you want to see where the inspiration for this level came from! Edited by Dcubed

So as the 3 tracks I've uploaded prior to this have plays but 0 stars I tried to pour much more energy into a course today. The result is this course took about 10 hours across today to make.

The competition out there is crazy. I never thought it'd be so hard to get 1 or 2 stars on a course.

Ayway

The Elevator of Doom.

C34D-0000-0055-09AD

It's a castle level focused on the illusion of vertical height and rising up throughout the castle on elevator platforms, avoiding numerous deadly obstacles. There are 3 secrets paths, although the 2nd does require the 1st to get to, so maybe 2 and a half.

2uHFKDn.jpg

xIWP5UY.jpg

Cjc7HR0.jpg

As Doctor Who is back this weekend...

Search a mediaeval landscape for the TARDIS, then head inside for a look around the console room before travelling into the future and infiltrating the Blooper base!

Right guys! My latest level is up!

It doesn't follow the same rules as my last four... Let's just say that ;)

For those who don't understand the context, see this

if you want to see where the inspiration for this level came from!
Hahaha! I totally guessed this course was coming from you at some point. :hehe:

Looking forward to checking it out. :)

Spent the afternoon coming up with this one. Simple enough but with a little challenging parts and some extra stuff thrown in. Try to check it all out.

Edited the course as I realised I left in pretty much all the coins through the maze part.

How do I make pipes that Mario can go down? Does that come later. I've just unlocked sound effects. Edited by BowserBasher

How do I make pipes that Mario can go down? Does that come later. I've just unlocked sound effects.

Click on Mario and Drag him to the pipe you want players to be able to enter.

It should load a new area and ask you to place the other end of the pipe for Mario to come out of.

Whats also neat is you can change the setting of the other area the pipe leads to, so for example your level can start in a underground stage and the pipe can take them to a ghost stage

Aaaannnddd here's another one (don't worry, it's nowhere near as hard as Bonus 1 - try and see if you can do it without getting hit though!)

There's a hidden path along the way too... Not too difficult to find, but you may get to inflict some sweet payback if you can find it ;)

@RedShell Congrats on sticking it out to the end on Bonus 1! : peace: I probably did make it too tough for most people to beat, but it simply wouldn't be nearly as funny if the Green Demon didn't hunt you down relentlessly! Gotta have those close shaves! :laughing:

Edited by Dcubed

Just wanted to say - the general quality of levels from N-E'ers is a lot better than the levels in the 100 Mario Challenge. To anyone that has bought the game mainly to play levels - look at these. I am slowly getting through the levels but you guys are producing them faster than I can play them! :bowdown:

Also, @James McGeachie I feel your pain - enough people seem to play my levels but are a bit stingy when it comes to giving out stars.

@RedShell Congrats on sticking it out to the end on Bonus 1! : peace: I probably did make it too tough for most people to beat, but it simply wouldn't be nearly as funny if the Green Demon didn't hunt you down relentlessly! Gotta have those close shaves! :laughing:
Cheers. It was a right laugh. :) I wasn't sure how you were going to pull it off, but you managed to recreate the feel of that vid perfectly! :bowdown:

Will be sure to check out Bonus 2 tonight.

I uploaded a couple more courses last night, another WarioWare one:

Possibly the most annoying yet. ;)

And a course that doesn't really feature any gameplay as such, just wanted to mess with the music blocks/be weird: :hehe:

: peace:

Nobody's beaten my TARDIS one yet, as far as I know! Anyone up for the challenge? It is a fairly long level - another one that'd be good with checkpoints.

Well, here's my first upload level ( with others in various stages of design).

Sooooo Easy! 171 Coins.

0B18-0000-005F-D3EF

It's easy, but full length. Maybe not easy to a newbie, but to everyone else. Couldn't see anywhere other than the title to put a coin count so it went in the title (for those wanting to "gotta collect 'em all!" since there's no Yoshi/star coins...yet?)

I've had multiple insane/devious ones in design, but taking ages and realized I should probably just get a few starter ones under my belt first to raise confidence/experience.

Nobody's beaten my TARDIS one yet, as far as I know! Anyone up for the challenge? It is a fairly long level - another one that'd be good with checkpoints.

I completed it last night. Excellent level as usual, but I probably missed various who references. Not quite as hard as some of your others, so the need for the check point was not so acute. :)

Uploaded another course last night:

Similar vibe to Enter the Coursebot, but with a boss fight. :hehe:

The eagerly anticipated (Shut up, it totally is!) World 3 is now up!

In case you're a total meanie and you're not following me.

Couple of new levels....

Edited by Ronnie

After a week away here's a few more:

The Ghostly Pipehouse:

71FA-0000-0062-0F8C

Bowser's Maze #2:

74FC-0000-005F-01A3

Mole's Airship:

9C21-0000-0061-C1D9

I completed it last night. Excellent level as usual, but I probably missed various who references. Not quite as hard as some of your others, so the need for the check point was not so acute. :)

Glad you liked it! Aside from the travelling from the past to the future in the TARDIS there were no real Who references, though, to be honest!