N-Europe

Your Nintendo Smartphone Game Ideas

Cube

Despite your opinions on if this is a good or bad thing, let's have fun and come up with games using Nintendo IPs that would work with mobile phones. Some ideas

The Legend of Zelda: Tower of Time

You control Link from a top-down perspective (Link Between Worlds style). The game is essentially a tower full of block puzzles. Slide blocks to move them, tap to jump on/off them. Special blocks and more complex levels come along as the game progresses.

Metroid Morphball

A 2D puzzle/platformer. The entire game is played as morphball Samus. Tilt to roll (control pad is an option) and tap to use a power bomb. Levels will require thought and exploration.

Donkey Kong Jungle Run

For some reason, I think that Donkey Kong would suit a free runner a bit more than Mario. Actual levels (like Rayman Jungle Run) and not endless.

Aside from the potentially awesome DK Minecart Runner, some other series that would be great on mobile would be:

Fire Emblem/Advance Wars

Mario Golf

Wario Ware

Brain Training etc...

A Wii Fit app for Running, Yoga etc...

Nintendogs

Wario Ware was the first idea that sprung to mind. Short mini-games that you can play on the go. Could even be level based with the games becoming harder as you go on and shorter time limits.

Streetpass on your phone? I'm much more likely to take my phone out with me (100% of the time) compared to our 3DS. Streetpass on the phone then sync it up with the 3DS when nearby. Or, just have an account that can be accessed on both the phone and 3DS. And next console.

How common is the ol' NFC on phones these days? I do enjoy(and actually sometimes use!) the barcode scan/NFC tag on my local london bus stops to pull up the accurate timings of coming buses, and with the talk of Nintendo going into mobile and Daft's mention of Pokemon TCG on a phone it made me think - could there be some NFC/barcode integration(partnering with hosts or something, y'kno)? Would NFC ever get to the point you could NFC something up in public and take it back to your WiiU/other NFC nintendo device? Maybe even something DenpaMen-esque with a phone to be like Pokemon snap style thing?

I dunno. I'm just running thoughts. All moving a bit off the core mobile ideation too maybe. Hmm.

Wii Fit. Please bring Wii Fit to my phone. Let it sync up with a Wii U version.

Pokemon Shuffle. Just take the whole game currently available on the 3DS. Really against the Free To Play model creeping onto the device and it offers nothing special which only the 3DS can offer.

Daft's mention of Pokemon TCG on a phone it made me think

Isn't there already the Pokemon TCG game on phones?

Donkey Kong Minecart Madess

Basically the minecart levels from DK, perfect as you just tap the screen to jump and hold it for a longer jump!

Donkey Kong Barrel Blast

The sequel to the above, but this time it is the barrel levels. You hold the screen to go higher and release your finger to drop off.

Super Mario Runner

A Mario Runner game. Features classic levels from different Mario games, reworked into a runner. Worlds are all throw backs to previous games, then topped with new levels specifically made for the game.

Advance Wars Collection

Mobile versions of Advance Wars

Fire Emblem Collection

Mobile versions of Fire Emblem

Battalion Wars Bases

A Clash of the Clans style game in the Battalion Wars universe where you can choose a faction from the Battalion Wars series which affects not only the look of your units but also your hero characters.

Mario Party Mobile

A collection of Mario Party mini-games for mobiles.

Kirby's Canvas Curse Mobile

A Kirby Canvas Curse game, but where you draw on the mobile screen. Similar to the new Wii U game.

Brain Training Mobile

A mobile version of Brain Training.

is there any point continuing this thread? all the ideas posted are amazing and enough to have a few years of games!

I suppose i should reitterate my suggestion form the other thread;

Mario Maker App - design your levels and upload to be played on 3DS or WiiU....or played in 8-bit on the smart phone

I would have said if any mini-game from Nintendoland would be making it across to the mobile platform then it would almost certainly be an adapted version of Takamaru's Ninja Castle where instead of pointing the gamepad at a screen, it'll all be happening on the one smaller screen though obviously with a less precise aiming mechanism which should be fine seeing as the field of play would be significantly narrower.

Apps that work together with specific games on the WiiU/3DS/ nintendo NX could be great too!

Like being able to sort through your mailbox of Animal Crossing on your phone.

Making sure your crops are already watered in Harvest moon by the time you get home.

Being able to check if your pokémon has already been traded on the GTS.

Making notes on your map for Zelda games, stuff like that!

Those are all little applications, but I feel they could go a long way into improving the inversion of their games?

Good god, if this would mean that we'd actually get a proper online mode for Advance Wars in which you can finish your turn at your leisure and the the other person gets a notification that it's his turn now, I'd be all for it!

Me and my hardcore Advance Wars group have been looking in how to do that via an emulator for ages, but eventually gave up on it...

I can imagine Animal Crossing becoming fucking huge in Japan by using mobile.

Something Rhythm Paradise-ish is a no brainer.

But am I to understand that NINTENDO will be putting dedicated teams on making smartphone content now?

In NES remox there are challenges where mario is auto running and yiu just have to time the jumps and decide how long they are. PERFECT for template for a mario runner. Like zech says, you could have game packs - 2.99 each. 20 levels from each of the 2d games - then a buy a Wii/3ds to play the full games or whatever.

It's a weird ones mario runner and donkey kong and advance wars Eric are great advertising tools for their main hardware. But I'd personally love to see brand new experiences suited to mobile.

Also, I'd worry if they out old advance wars and fire emblem games on mobile, what would stop them releasing new versions on mobile.