N-Europe

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Serebii

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this mean people think the NX is going to compete on power now? I thought many thought that was out of the question? Or at least for half the gen.

If you mean competing in the sense being as powerful as XB1. It's possible

Does this mean people think the NX is going to compete on power now? I thought many thought that was out of the question? Or at least for half the gen.

Or they're putting the 3DS version on the NX. We don't even know if this is a handheld, home console or both.

Or annex and it's an extension of the Wii U!

Funnily enough, that's still the approach that I reckon they'll take with the NX.

I can't see them chucking away all of their past work; especially after Iwata mentioned that they want the NX to absorb the Wii U architecture. Everything they've been doing with the VC also hints at that as well.

If most multiplatform engines get ported to it though, that won't really matter much to 3rd party developers. As long as it works, it works :p

Putting together the more credible-sounding rumours and the general stated purpose of the NX, it does seem like we're heading for something slightly more powerful than Wii U - still on the PowerPC architecture, but powerful enough to run current game engines.

The thing that's really thrown me is that it's sounding more and more like a home console, and yet their current handheld really needs replacing sooner or later. In theory, this could go back to the old idea of two machines at once - handheld less powerful than Wii U, console more powerful - but if the handheld was sub-Wii U, surely that would rule out the game engines that Wii U couldn't run?

Putting together the more credible-sounding rumours and the general stated purpose of the NX, it does seem like we're heading for something slightly more powerful than Wii U - still on the PowerPC architecture, but powerful enough to run current game engines.

The thing that's really thrown me is that it's sounding more and more like a home console, and yet their current handheld really needs replacing sooner or later. In theory, this could go back to the old idea of two machines at once - handheld less powerful than Wii U, console more powerful - but if the handheld was sub-Wii U, surely that would rule out the game engines that Wii U couldn't run?

Really hope it isn't power PC. That screams of backwards compability and again another platform that uses different architecture to the competitor platforms.

Am I the only one who actually knows what NX stands for?

Nintendo 10?

Nintendo Cross (as in cross platform...handheld and home console with same architecture/os but different specs/functionality)

We don't know for sure yet :p

Am I the only one who actually knows what NX stands for?

Nintendo X-Rated..?

It's going to be a sex-machine that harkens back to their days of having Sex Hotels?

It might sell a little better than the WiiU but I don't think I'd buy one.

...who am I kidding, of course I would! Haha

Just spec... Fan wank... Boarderline trollsome.

Ok cool, was just wondering if I had missed something.

As for FFXV coming to the NX, I couldnt see it myself. Unless the hardware is very similar to the other two consoles it just seems like it would be a massive amount of work to port a game like that to a new console.

Nintendo 10?

Nintendo Cross (as in cross platform...handheld and home console with same architecture/os but different specs/functionality)

We don't know for sure yet :p

Would it REALLY be Nintendo 10 considering we're a few off the tenth home console...?

I think at this point we can all assume it stands for cross, as in cross platform OS or at the extreme end fusion (NOTHING can be ruled out without knowing more, as any logical person will agree). The fact 3rd parties seem interested is great...but we've been through THAT specifc craptread more than once, right? At this point "interest" means shit all.

Would it REALLY be Nintendo 10 considering we're a few off the tenth home console...?

I think at this point we can all assume it stands for cross, as in cross platform OS or at the extreme end fusion (NOTHING can be ruled out without knowing more, as any logical person will agree). The fact 3rd parties seem interested is great...but we've been through THAT specifc craptread more than once, right? At this point "interest" means shit all.

It worked for Windows and Red Dwarf, why can't it work here :p

The N stands for NO and the X stands for Cross Platform Games :-(

Funny you should say that, cause I reckon that Super Smash Bros For NX will be one of the launch titles :p

(Includes all of the content from both the 3DS and the Wii U games, along with new modes, new gameplay mechanics, new items and new exclusive stages and characters such as Ice Climbers ;) )

Hell they're probably working on it as we speak (In fact, the Smash Ballot might actually be for characters who will appear in the NX version and not the current ones ;) )

Edited by Dcubed

Funny you should say that, cause I reckon that Super Smash Bros For NX will be one of the launch titles :p

(Includes all of the content from both the 3DS and the Wii U games, along with new modes, new gameplay mechanics, new items and new exclusive stages and characters such as Ice Climbers ;) )

Hell they're probably working on it as we speak (In fact, the Smash Ballot might actually be for characters who will appear in the NX version and not the current ones ;) )

This!

I was playing Mario Kart 8 this morning and thinking something similar to this as well, a MK greatest hits at launch or something, like the retro cups on the recent editions anyway, but a game made up of just classic tracks that have featured in past Kart's.

Also, I'd really love Nintendo to embrace the idea of their first console, the 'Nintendo Entertainment System' with emphasis on entertainment. I would love a Blu Ray player and an online infrastructure comparable with my Xbox (360 mainly)

Hopefully now they can get power similar to PS4/X1 at smaller costs, but I think the basics are important and the rest will follow :)