N-Europe

Nintendo 3DS Direct - 29/08/2014 - 12pm

Serebii

Supposedly it's still 2.4ghz B/G. The faster download speeds supposedly come courtesy of the faster CPU...

Either way, DQX is just a normal 3DS game (and isn't even really a game, since it's just a cloud streaming app anyway), so it wouldn't actually be able to benefit from any New3DS functions regardless.

Ironically, the New3DS probably has enough grunt to run the game natively now anyway :p

I meant the improved WiFi speeds should help maintain a more stable connection with it being streamed.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, different economies. Everything is like this, not just Nintendo and not just games. Get over it.

You're unbelievable. Are you on Nintendo's wage books? I bet you are somehow through your site or whatever you do, directly or indirectly. It's the only explanation for such blindness and hogwash. You can't give a straight answer yes or no? You deflect by saying other companies do it so it's alright. You have zero credibility.

Exactly the same for me, I want those SNES style buttons, but on an XL.

I almost bought an 3DS XL to replace my day one 3DS, then in came the Smash edition, almost preordered it, in comes the NEW 3DS XL.....

Well played Nintendo, well played...

Just one problem, I need to be patient...:blank:

Buy a New 3DS XL and buy a regular size New 3DS and switch the x,y,a,b SNES buttons to the XL and sell on the regular to some skivvy. Simples. I'm sure I seen that somewhere in the presentation yesterday.

Seriously though, we don't know what Europe will get yet. We don't get even a sliver of the various options Japan gets but I'd say NoE are well aware of what people want and there's time to sort it out before it launches.

Edited by Wii

You're unbelievable. Are you on Nintendo's wage books? I bet you are somehow through your site or whatever you do, directly or indirectly. It's the only explanation for such blindness and hogwash. You can't give a straight answer yes or no? You deflect by saying other companies do it so it's alright. You have zero credibility.

Nintendo deliberately inflate the prices outside Japan just to annoy you.

I'm guessing the system transfer will work the same with the New 3DS then? Or at least from the current models to the new models. Maybe not going back from the New to the old though?

Your correct, you can transfer from old to new but not new to back.

Edited by Ike

You're the one who is being blind. This is the case across so many products; games, electronics, media, food etc.

I honestly don't get how you haven't seen this. Why are you just pinning this on Nintendo?

Nintendo deliberately inflate the prices outside Japan just to annoy you.

C'mon now. That's not right. It annoys more than just me. Just because other companies inflate prices doesn't make it right and we're not talking about other companies. But it's not just about that anymore. Serebii can't give a straight answer. I see both sides of Nintendo, the good and the bad. Serebii can't be honest and just say it's not right. Different economies my @rse. Want to go one further and say buyers on Oxford Street, London should pay more than buyers in other areas of the UK? Japan is one of the richest countries in the world and has a higher gdp than any country in the EU but expects us to pay more? Just because it's so, doesn't mean it's right and that statement goes for a lot of what happens in this world.

You're the one who is being blind. This is the case across so many products; games, electronics, media, food etc.

I honestly don't get how you haven't seen this. Why are you just pinning this on Nintendo?

Just answer the question. I'm not just pinning it on Nintendo but we're not talking about anybody else. They're not right either for the record. Enough with the deflect shield. Is it right, yes or no? It's a simple question. One word please.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

C'mon now. That's not right. It annoys more than just me. Just because other companies inflate prices doesn't make it right and we're not talking about other companies. But it's not just about that anymore. Serebii can't give a straight answer. I see both sides of Nintendo, the good and the bad. Serebii can't be honest and just say it's not right. Different economies my @rse. Want to go one further and say buyers on Oxford Street, London should pay more than buyers in other areas of the UK? Japan is one of the richest countries in the world and has a higher gdp than any country in the EU but expects us to pay more? Just because it's so, doesn't mean it's right and that statement goes for a lot of what happens in this world.

Just answer the question. Enough with the deflect shield. Is it right, yes or no?

I did answer the question.

Also, yes, people in Oxford Street do typically pay more for products than people in say Newcastle. It's called different cost of living and it's a real thing. It happens, again, in all industries.

Look it up.

Can you reference your answer please because I don't see it? Thanks.

Also, yes, people in Oxford Street do typically pay more for products than people in say Newcastle. It's called different cost of living and it's a real thing. It happens, again, in all industries.

Look it up.

Oh dear God. We're not talking about the cost of living. I hope everybody sees this.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Can you reference your answer please because I don't see it? Thanks.

Oh dear God. We're not talking about the cost of living. I hope everybody sees this.

Cost of living etc. is the whole thing with different economies and why products, whether it's food, clothes, a TV, a Nintendo product, a fan, a clock etc. cost more for us than in certain other places.

It may not seem fair, but that's how it is and always shall be until we have a global currency, which will never happen (look what happened to the Euro)

Look it up.

Where is your answer? How many times is this now? One simple word, yes or no. Is it fair?

Does a game in GAME on Oxford Street say cost more than in GAME in Newcastle? Or are they the same price?

Where is your answer? How many times is this now? One simple word, yes or no. Is it fair?

Does a game in GAME on Oxford Street say cost more than in GAME in Newcastle? Or are they the same price?

Fair is relative.

And yes, I have seen differing prices. A few years back, I went to London and went to the big GAME in London at that time. PokéPark 2 was £42.99 there. It was £39.99 at home. Many games were like this

Serebii is correct in that it is a difference in economics, I'm not sure what exactly you want him to say.

Is it fair? Not really but welcome to living in Europe with it's arbitrary "Europe tax". If retailers are charging more than the RRP then they are greedy and bring it up with them.

Incidentally the official Nintendo store is selling the Smash 3DS for £209 which converts to 264Euro so 250Euro sounds like a good deal to me.

Serebii is correct in that it is a difference in economics, I'm not sure what exactly you want him to say.

Is it fair? Not really but welcome to living in Europe with it's arbitrary "Europe tax". If retailers are charging more than the RRP then they are greedy and bring it up with them.

Incidentally the official Nintendo store is selling the Smash 3DS for £209 which converts to 264Euro so 250Euro sounds like a good deal to me.

I'd like him to give an answer which he hasn't though he says he has. Where is it? I could use stronger terms. Can you find his answer? Is it in the Third Secret of Fatima?

Referencing the Nintendo store is like referencing the eShop for games. Irrelevant unless you want to be ripped off. Sure yes we're ripped off in Europe but are the retailers creaming the whole €110 difference?

I'd like him to give an answer which he hasn't though he says he has. Where is it? I could use stronger terms. Can you find his answer? Is it in the Third Secret of Fatima?

You're wasting your time, trust me.

If you look back, he thought the idea of using processor power to download games quicker (something people rarely do, particularly on Nintendo handhelds) and to navigate the OS (which again, how often do people do that relative to playing games) was a better use than a massive visual bump that would be evident throughout playing games (which is pretty much what you spend >99% of the time doing).

There is no logic to be found here. Seriously.

@Wii please stop acting like a 12 year old so we can move this topic on a bit.

We get a poor deal in the UK compared to other areas of the world. It happens EVERYWHERE, not just Nintendo goods, so complaining about Nintendo prices in the UK is pointless. Just kindly get over the fact that we don't get 'fair' conversions.

Referencing the Nintendo store is like referencing the eShop for games. Irrelevant unless you want to be ripped off. Sure yes we're ripped off in Europe but are the retailers creaming the whole €110 difference?

Cut it out Wii. The answer Serebii gave you is far more true and accurate, than the rudimentary/meaningless yes/no options you're trying to impose.

When I was at work this evening, I was thinking about how strange it was that I was starting to look forward to the New 3DS quite a lot.. and then it got me wondering if it would be a good idea for the Wii U to get similar treatment :hehe:

With calls previously for Nintendo to basically relaunch the system, would a New Wii U and New Wii U XL be such a bad idea..? ::shrug:

The New Wii U XL could be the console and Gamepad similar to what we currently have whilst the standard, non-XL version would have a considerably smaller version of the Gamepad, perhaps with a screen more similar in size to something like the original 3DS. For those that see off-TV play as important, the XL version may be the best option while others may prefer the more compact version for other reasons.. especially if it incorporated the SNES style A, B, X, Y buttons of the New 3DS :heh:

What's wrong with the D-Pad placement?

It's terrible? The dpad itself is great, but they placed it in a terrible place. The hand cramps I got during Link's Awakening/Metroid 2 have completely prevented me ever buying ANY other VC or 2D game on it. Vita or WiiU gamepad are the only way to go, imo.

Still love my 3DS, but no VC stuff ever again, for me. Horrible placement, imo.

It's not like they had any way to make it perfect, though, considering the nature of the circle pad. One of them had to get stuck with a bad placement, and obviously the dpad was the right choice.

Still, you can't really argue agaisnt it being less than ideal...

I wonder if the 2DS is better in that regard, actually. I despise the 3D anyway, so if it is I might just change my XL for a 2DS.

It may not seem fair, but that's how it is and always shall be until we have a global currency, which will never happen (look what happened to the Euro)

This is the mentality modern capitalism (as opposed to properly regulated capitalism) preys upon. We're numbed by comfort and too apathetic to care so (the proverbial) "they" get away with everything they want while we keep proudly waiving our "high standard of living" flag.

We're all part of the problem and yet we refuse to take responsability because we were born into it. I hate this born-defeated resolve that's poisoning the subconscious of western civilizations.

Not that this has ANYTHING at all to do with what you guys were talking about or that you are to blame/shame in anyway, I was just remarking upon how depressing our collective unconscious has become... that we just assume we're powerless from the start is our generation's ultimate tragedy. We've silently and obediently become the perfect slaves.

You're wasting your time, trust me.

If you look back, he thought the idea of using processor power to download games quicker (something people rarely do, particularly on Nintendo handhelds) and to navigate the OS (which again, how often do people do that relative to playing games) was a better use than a massive visual bump that would be evident throughout playing games (which is pretty much what you spend >99% of the time doing).

There is no logic to be found here. Seriously.

You know what, I'm actually really looking forward to those basic quality-of-life improvements that the New3DS will bring, moreso than any graphics upgrade. (obviously ignoring the fact that it's now powerful enough to handle 3D Xenoblade of course!

I rarely post on Miiverse on 3DS because it's just so sluggish, while on Wii U I post like all the time (it's actually a bit of a curse when I'm playing through a classic VC game again, because I can't help myself from stopping every 5 mins to post yet another funny caption about something stupid I noticed :laughing:)

I can very easily see myself doing that much more often on the New3DS now that they've fixed that whole issue :D

It's terrible? The dpad itself is great, but they placed it in a terrible place. The hand cramps I got during Link's Awakening/Metroid 2 have completely prevented me ever buying ANY other VC or 2D game on it. Vita or WiiU gamepad are the only way to go, imo.

Still love my 3DS, but no VC stuff ever again, for me. Horrible placement, imo.

It's not like they had any way to make it perfect, though, considering the nature of the circle pad. One of them had to get stuck with a bad placement, and obviously the dpad was the right choice.

Still, you can't really argue agaisnt it being less than ideal...

I wonder if the 2DS is better in that regard, actually. I despise the 3D anyway, so if it is I might just change my XL for a 2DS.

That's odd, I never have issues with it, though I do shift my hand down slightly when using it, just because it's a bit more logical to...

This is the mentality modern capitalism (as opposed to properly regulated capitalism) preys upon. We're numbed by comfort and too apathetic to care so (the proverbial) "they" get away with everything they want while we keep proudly waiving our "high standard of living" flag.

We're all part of the problem and yet we refuse to take responsability because we were born into it. I hate this born-defeated resolve that's poisoning the subconscious of western civilizations.

Not that this has ANYTHING at all to do with what you guys were talking about or that you are to blame/shame in anyway, I was just remarking upon how depressing our collective unconscious has become... that we just assume we're powerless from the start is our generation's ultimate tragedy. We've silently and obediently become the perfect slaves.

It's just the fact that there is absolutely sod all we can do about it, so I find complaining about it repeatedly, as @Wii does whenever something gets given a price, to be massively counter-productive.

Should it change? Probably. Will it? No.

I'm really glad they announced this before smash bros comes out! Now I can spare the money I was going to spend on the limited edition XL and stick around with my normal 3DS a little longer.

I really like the new smaller one, the swap plates are super fun, and I like the second stick! ALSO YES A MATTE FINISH.

I missed out on xenoblade chronicles for the wii, because I refused to buy another wii controller haha. I'm looking forward to play it on my new 3ds!

It's good they beefed it up a bit, loading the OS and miiverse can take quite a while! I think it will be way less frustrating when it all goes a bit more smooth!

The thing is though, I loved my dsi, but after 2 years, the 3DS was already announced. It felt way too early for a succesor back then. I hope it doesn't end up like this again.

PS: I wonder if this will use the regular Dsi/3DS/3DS xl charger? I hope so!

Edited by M_rock