NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo 3DS Direct - 29/08/2014 - 12pm

While we may think "God, 3DS...should be Wii U", think about it.

We know of around a dozen upcoming Wii U titles from Nintendo.

We know of a grand total of three 3DS titles from Nintendo.

While we may think "God, 3DS...should be Wii U", think about it.

That's exactly what I thought when I saw the thread. Another one for 3DS. We haven't had a Wii U Direct in ages.

That's exactly what I thought when I saw the thread. Another one for 3DS. We haven't had a Wii U Direct in ages.

No, because we had the Nintendo Digital Event @ E3 which was 95% Wii U

I don't need to point out that 3DS focused Directs usually also have Wii U annoucements do I?

Cause games like New Super Luigi U have been announced in 3DS Directs before...

That being said, don't expect much in the way of new game announcements for Wii U though, cause they just recently blew their load at E3... meanwhile, 3DS didn't get much of a focus there and is lacking in future game releases in Japan after Smash, Pokemon OR/AS and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate...

I don't need to point out that 3DS focused Directs usually also have Wii U annoucements do I?

Nah, you don't. I already read that over on Neogaf. :D

That being said, don't expect much in the way of new game announcements for Wii U though, cause they just recently blew their load at E3... meanwhile, 3DS didn't get much of a focus there and is lacking in future game releases in Japan after Smash, Pokemon OR/AS and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate...

Nah but it can't be great if it's called a 3DS Direct. New Super Luigi U being a perfect example. Was Captain Turd announced in a 3DS Direct? I feel like it should have. *runs out of room*

Nah but it can't be great if it's called a 3DS Direct. New Super Luigi U being a perfect example. Was Captain Turd announced in a 3DS Direct? I feel like it should have. *runs out of room*

Why do you hate him so much? :(

ssb4___captain_toad_by_mbluebird2-d7fbuf0.png

He's so lovable.

Time for Majora's Mask 3D, eh @Dcubed?

Ooh are you throwing down the gauntlet now?

Hmm...

Aww go on, put me down for yes

:) (but only if it's a worldwide Nintendo Direct :p )

Edit: Oh yeah! Someone just mentioned something so obvious that I feel stupid for not thinking of it first...

Reggie will probably end up doing his Ice Bucket Challenge during this Direct!

Edited by Dcubed

but only if it's a worldwide Nintendo Direct :p
Yeah, I'm not getting on the train unless this turns out to be a worldwide ND.

Yeah, I'm not getting on the train unless this turns out to be a worldwide ND.

If Reggie is due to be shown doing the Ice Bucket Challenge, then chances for a WW Direct are pretty dang good ;)

If Reggie is due to be shown doing the Ice Bucket Challenge, then chances for a WW Direct are pretty dang good ;)
I dunno, I reckon they could just chuck that into a Japan only ND and the Japanese would love it, :heh: considering the kind of game shows they're into over there. :laughing:

Majora's Mask...Majora's Mask...Majora's Mask...

Just dis pls.

Why do you hate him so much? :(

ssb4___captain_toad_by_mbluebird2-d7fbuf0.png

He's so lovable.

And punchable too. :laughing:

We know of a grand total of three 3DS titles from Nintendo.

Pokémon, Pokémon and Project STEAM, right?

Well this is weird...

Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight - Sept. 1 (Virtual Console on Wii U)

A VC game coming out on a Monday in the US!? That's very strange (they normally get all eShop updates on a Thursday like us).

Now why would this happen all of a sudden I wonder...

I'm calling it now.. Majora's Mask 3D will be shown in this Nintendo Direct! My near certainty comes from the fact that my impatience led me to download the game on the Wii Virtual Console a couple of weeks ago so inevitably they will now reveal an updated version at the earliest possible moment to spite me :heh:

I certainly won't complain, though, as I've been wanting it to appear for a while. In fact, if it does get announced, I'll probably halt my progress of the VC version as the save system is already proving to be inconvenient. The ability to close the 3DS and put it to sleep would be enough reason for me to buy it on that console :hehe:

Anything else would be a bonus, at this point!

There was a video going around a few days ago (someone posted it here) of a Gamespot employee over the in the U.S.A taking a picture of the instore database they have for upcoming console releases, and it said that Majora's Mask would be coming out this November..so who knows ;)