NEurope
Serebii

Pokken Tournament (Wii U Spring 2016)

I think it's not so much (or not solely) nostalgia that makes people favour the early games, but if you didn't follow the sequels closely it's easy to look at some of the more... unique Pokémon in later games and write them off because of their designs. Ice cream Pokémon, key Pokémon, nose Pokémon.

I think it's not so much (or not solely) nostalgia that makes people favour the early games, but if you didn't follow the sequels closely it's easy to look at some of the more... unique Pokémon in later games and write them off because of their designs. Ice cream Pokémon, key Pokémon, nose Pokémon.

Magnet Pokémon

Sludge Pokémon

Egg Pokémon

I don't know why everyone is against egg Pokemon. 90% of real life animals have an egg stage, it's not that weird. Very few have a "nose" stage.

Nosepass is not a "nose" Pokémon, it's a Moai Pokémon. Gosh.

On a side-note, I always find it weird that the more original designs (ice cream, key, etc.) are often used as examples that they've run out of ideas, when the real examples are guys like Beautifly, Zigzagoon, etc. which actually are pale imitations of previous Pokémon.

I don't know why everyone is against egg Pokemon. 90% of real life animals have an egg stage, it's not that weird. Very few have a "nose" stage.

Exeggcute is not an animal, it's a plant. The egg pokémon was a plant. And then it turns into coconuts and grows a palmtree out of nowhere.

Walking Moais, living keychains and even Diglett make far more sense than what I just described.

Plants have eggs too, we just call them ovules. Exeggcute could just be a coconut palm ovule which then evolves into a full (albeit walking) tree.

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm not arguing that either generation has less ridiculous Pokemon, only that Exeggcute always gets brought up, and I don't think it's warranted.

Edited by 130131301364

Magnet Pokémon

Sludge Pokémon

Egg Pokémon

I can't tell if you're intentionally trying to prove my point or have done so sarcastically.

Plants have eggs too, we just call them ovules. Exeggcute could just be a coconut palm ovule which then evolves into a full (albeit walking) tree.

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm not arguing that either generation has less ridiculous Pokemon, only that Exeggcute always gets brought up, and I don't think it's warranted.

I ended up rambling a bit about Exeggcute, but yeah, I understand your point. So I'll just end with more rhetorical thoughts on the guy...

exeggcute.jpg

...he has yolk, but no white. What's up with that? Is Exeggcute rich in cholesterol? Is that his brain? Why does he carry a corpse of himself everywhere he goes? Is he 1/5th dead?

And more importantly, why isn't he in Pokkén yet?

For me, Gen 3 had the worst designs, or it just didn't have many I liked. But I like Pokemon like Vanillite, I even used Trubbish in my first play through of Black.

I didn't know people had issues with Exeggcute.

For me, Gen 3 had the worst designs, or it just didn't have many I liked. But I like Pokemon like Vanillite, I even used Trubbish in my first play through of Black.

Agreed. Gen 3 had Grumpig

326.png

Yuck

I'm sitting here in a Groudon shirt and I am very displeased with you.

But you like Vanillite and Trubbish and I can't be mad at someone like that.

For me, Gen 4 had the least memorable (I can't call any Gen bad) Pokemon.

But it does have Infernape, Electivire and 'How in the world did that head slip under the radar' Palkia.

Agreed. Gen 3 had Grumpig

326.png

Yuck

Must... Not... Take... Obvious... Bait...

Nope, can't do it! I have standards!

Eff you and your dreadful taste in Psychic Pokemon!

I hope a Grumpig curb stomps your stupid face into the ground. Because I'll be there, laughing and also pointing!

You have put me in a real foul mood now.

Edited by Glen-i
Automerged Doublepost

Must... Not... Take... Obvious... Bait...

Nope, can't do it! I have standards!

Eff you and your dreadful taste in Psychic Pokemon!

I hope a Grumpig curb stomps your stupid face into the ground. Because I'll be there, laughing and also pointing!

You have put me in a real foul mood now.

giphy.gif

:D :p

I'm sitting here in a Groudon shirt and I am very displeased with you.

Nah, I like Groudon. I like pretty much all the legendaries, the starters and a handful of Pokemon, but the majority I just wasn't impressed with. It's partly the reason why I disliked Ruby/Sapphire so much.

Gen 3 is weird in that it manages to have both a bunch of forgettable designs and quite a few awesome Pokémon as well, with very few actually falling in between.

I'd say Gen 2 was unimpressive too, design-wise. A few good ones here and there, but most fall into "forgettable". The games themselves rely a lot on previous generation Pokémon, too.

(Disclaimer: Exeggcute/Exeggutor are some of my favourite Pokémon. I don't have an issue with them, I just like to point out that the design is pretty crazy, even compared to bronze gongs and the like)

As if the Wii U didn't have enough controllers, here's another one coming out.

img_01.png

Could ZL/R be in a worse location? :heh:

Cool that the arcade controller is coming to Wii U, not that I'd ever use it :p

I wonder if it's a reskinned Classic Controller Pro? Looks like it has a cord, so it probably is... That means that it'll work on all VC games and any Wii game that supports the CC too.

This'll be excellent when it inevitably comes to the Wii U, if they don't release it then it's a missed opportunity, they could sell the game bundled with that arcade controller for £59.99 easily.

I'll be buying it. ;)

It might end up being useless for playing games like FAST Racing NEO thanks to the bizarre ZR & ZL placement - perhaps this game doesn't use them? - but it will be perfect for this and most VC games. : peace:

I'm guessing this will be Wii remote powered... anyway it will be great for this game I'm sure and so long as it is no more than the above price with the game then I can see it selling reasonably well. :)

Cool that the arcade controller is coming to Wii U, not that I'd ever use it :p

I wonder if it's a reskinned Classic Controller Pro? Looks like it has a cord, so it probably is... That means that it'll work on all VC games and any Wii game that supports the CC too.

I think it's wired via USB. The page makes no mention of this controller needing a Wii Remote, which it would do.

Wired is for removing latency. A bit redundant to wire it to a wireless device for that.

Does nobody else think the controller looks horrific..? ::shrug:

Yup.

I really hope ZL/ZR aren't used in Pokken, because that's not gonna help one bit.

Oh well, not gonna get it, so I don't care.

The newest Wii U trailer

Yup.

I really hope ZL/ZR aren't used in Pokken, because that's not gonna help one bit.

Oh well, not gonna get it, so I don't care.

Considering arcade controls, it's very unlikely they'll be used for much

As if the Wii U didn't have enough controllers, here's another one coming out.

img_01.png

A direct copy of the already ugly controller used for the arcade version of Pokken Tournament. Perhaps it's really ergonomic and works a treat in the game, but perhaps I'm just dreaming.

I think it's wired via USB. The page makes no mention of this controller needing a Wii Remote, which it would do.

Wired is for removing latency. A bit redundant to wire it to a wireless device for that.

That would be pretty surprising, considering that the Wii U currently has no support for USB controllers (even the Pro Controller still communicates via Bluetooth when plugged in). Unless it connects via the GCN controller adapter perhaps, but that's just absurd :p

Seems like it would be much easier for all involved if it was just a reskinned Classic Controller, like most Wii/Wii U accessories. There's zero noticeable latency with Nintendo's wireless controllers anyway :p