Splatoon

Retro_Link

2 different ink guns clip

Ink roller clip

Controls

Left Stick - Movement

ZL - 'Squid' (only while pushed)

Gyro Sensor (Aim - can be turned off)

Right Stick - Look left & right. Push in for Special Weapon.

R - Sub Weapon

ZR - Ink Shot

X - Jump

Y - Camera Reset

-Squid form is faster than human form, but can't move outside of ink.

-Jump is more or less the same for both human and squid forms, but while moving through your own color ink, you can jump further. Can reach places you can't in human form - places that might prove vital in winning.

This game is going to be so good, I just hope the single player is meaty enough

It could be even better if that which will not be mentioned was in it.

But anyhow, it does look like it could be such a fun game (multiplayer for me). I do like the idea behind it.

Given how many platformers there are on the WiiU though I do wish that the single-player wasn't platforming focused... although with the squid mechanic it could be quite different and feel fresh.

It could be even better if that which will not be mentioned was in it.

But anyhow, it does look like it could be such a fun game (multiplayer for me). I do like the idea behind it.

Given how many platformers there are on the WiiU though I do wish that the single-player wasn't platforming focused... although with the squid mechanic it could be quite different and feel fresh.

2D platformers may be in abundance but there are so few 3D platformers these days, it'll be great to get one.

Anyway back to voice chat discussion. I'll start... this game needs voice chat. Voice chat voice chat voice chat.

Controls

Left Stick - Movement

ZL - 'Squid' (only while pushed)

Gyro Sensor (Aim - can be turned off)

Right Stick - Look left & right. Push in for Special Weapon.

R - Sub Weapon

ZR - Ink Shot

X - Jump

Y - Camera Reset

Where's the button that activates the voice chat?

I have really high hopes for this game, the style is amazing and the gameplay also looks super fun. :)

But it's actually the soundtrack that I'm most excited to see hear more of.

Love the track from the initial reveal, here's a pretty sweet cover of that BTW:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

But it's the music in the single player trailer that's got me on the hype train:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
Such a bonkers mash-up, but it works incredibly well. Fantastic stuff, and just about the coolest VG tune I've heard in a long time. :awesome:

More like that in the game please! :bouncy:

I love how whenever I pop into this thread, all I see is you talking about Voice Chat.

Every. Damn. Time.

And it's not even funny. It's borderline provocation.

I'm gonna quote H-o-T:

For all the grief you give people for being negative and causing arguments, it's comments like this that cause such things.

Instead of being passive aggressive, @Ronnie, you could've just given your thoughts on the fact that amiibo is confirmed for the game, or -you know - just not post anything at all.

So, what exactly does this - i.e. amiibo support - mean for Splatoon? Playable characters/costumes? Any confirmations by Nintendo, or just this 'leak'?

I love how whenever I pop into this thread, all I see is you talking about Voice Chat.

Every. Damn. Time.

Yeah, it strikes me that he's laying the water down on fires that aren't even there. It's as if criticism to Nintendo is so repulsive to him that he must take every precaution.

Self-fulfilling prophecy.

Instead of being passive aggressive, @Ronnie, you could've just given your thoughts on the fact that amiibo is confirmed for the game, or -you know - just not post anything at all.

Based on his involvement in topics before, I sincerely doubt he has the intelligence.

Every. Damn. Time.

Hang on, are you saying there are other aspects to this game apart from potential voice chat!

Look through the last half dozen pages, I've tried to start up discussion on the actual game, but the conversation always gets dragged back to f-ing voice chat.

I already offered my opinion on possible amiibo implementation in this game, it barely got any discussion.

Look through the last half dozen pages, I've tried to start up discussion on the actual game, but the conversation always gets dragged back to f-ing voice chat.

I get what you're saying, but think about it this way: What you basically did with your post was skipping the discussion on the actual game and going straight to: "No voice chat is such a bad decision."; what's even worse: you did it in a passive aggressive manner, as already mentioned.

I already offered my opinion on possible amiibo implementation in this game, it barely got any discussion.

Then it appears to be not an interesting enough topic for a discussion.

I don't want to call you out or let you be the scapegoat but it struck me as odd that you decided to go this 'route' when you keep getting annoyed at others for pretty much the same.

Also, I didn't want to focus the conversation on this personal thingy...but hey, it's the Nintendo Board. That's what we're here for. :p

@Ronnie really? Looking over the last few pages, out of your last 11 posts in this topic, 4 have contained reference to voice chat, 5 posts were some kind of borderline rudely sarcastic exchange with Ashley about colour usage, 1 post was telling Wii to give up posting a gameplay video as nobody cared, and 1 post was about how you thought Splatoon was going to be awesome.

I'm not bothered enough to go back further but it's hardly a stellar track record for the last few pages. At least recently you're an offender, not a contributor.

I get what you're saying, but think about it this way: What you basically did with your post was skipping the discussion on the actual game and going straight to: "No voice chat is such a bad decision."; what's even worse: you did it in a passive aggressive manner, as already mentioned.

Then it appears to be not an interesting enough topic for a discussion.

I don't want to call you out or let you be the scapegoat but it struck me as odd that you decided to go this 'route' when you keep getting annoyed at others for pretty much the same.

Also, I didn't want to focus the conversation on this personal thingy...but hey, it's the Nintendo Board. That's what we're here for. :p

It was actually supposed to be at least half in jest but I take your point

It was actually supposed to be at least half in jest but I take your point

I do realize that it was supposed to be funny, but the frequency with which something like that happened annoyed me a bit.

Again, didn't mean to offend you, just wanted to point something out and I'm glad you understood what I meant :)

By the way, what do you think about the lack of voice chat? It's a fucking disgrace.

Edited by drahkon

I hope they go both routes:

1. Splatoon Amiibo: would help a lot getting more recognition/attention to this new franchise within a broader demographic than us Nintendo maniacs ;) Could help sell the game a lot!

2. Current Amiibo: unlock stuff for customization. Always nice in a game like this.

What would you guys prefer?