N-Europe

amiibo (NFC)

Hero-of-Time

Well, they couldn't have bundled them all together unless they increased the price substantially over the other starter packs (the starter packs all have two Skylanders and one vehicle), and considering parents are more likely to pick up the cheaper versions, I'm sure they wouldn't want that.

Besides, the Wii/3DS versions are completely different games from the Wii U version, so it's not like you have to buy the same game twice to get all four Nintendo figurines. Sounds pretty consumer friendly to me. :)

Edited by FireMeowth

Why not just put them in Amiibo packaging, with a "Also compatible with Skylanders on Wii U, Wii and 3DS" note on the box?

Anyway, I currently have Pikachu, Olimar, Pac-Man, Pit, Mega Man and Toad on order. Yarn Yoshi should get here soon.

Why not just put them in Amiibo packaging, with a "Also compatible with Skylanders on Wii U, Wii and 3DS" note on the box?

Because Activision's benefit of the crossover is to get amiibo collectors to buy their games (and potentially get addicted to Skylanders collecting as well), not just the individual figurines? :P

Though as they said, they're not planning on making them available outside the starter packs "at this time". It could still happen in a future wave - as it usually does with most of the Skylanders starter pack figurines.

The Skylanders ones seem really cheap, they actually just look like toys, whereas the amiibos look like figurines.

The cards look really great too.

The Animal Crossing ones look fantastic quality!

Edited by Ronnie

The Skylanders look more like action figures actually whereas the amiibo (up until now, mind you) indeed look more like still figurines.

That obviously says nothing about quality, just a matter of preference.

If I was still a kid, I'd maybe prefer the Skylanders versions of Bowser and DK, they just don't represent the style we grew up with.

Just like eigthies versions of Carebears, Ninja Turtles, Transformers and My Little Pony VS their new style.

Graphic style needs to evolve to stay relevant for younger generations.

We are just getting old and less relevant ourselves :heh:

I think Nintendo have hit the sweet spot between appealing to young and older fans with amiibo, high quality but cartoony in appearance. Personally I would never buy the Skylanders ones, they look like cheap kids toys.

That's because they ARE for kids! :)

Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus, Plautena and Dark Pit all dispatched from ShopTo. :D

Ganondorf arrived today, very pleased with the quality. :)

The rest should arrive either tomorrow or Monday.

Well it's now Tuesday and I've received Dark Pit which looks pretty decent so now I'm just waiting for the ladies. (as always) :indeed:

Hopefully both Zero Suit Samus and Palutena won't keep me waiting long, in the meantime I've got to reorganise my amiibo collection as it's starting to get a little crowded now. :heh:

Well it's now Tuesday and I've received Dark Pit which looks pretty decent so now I'm just waiting for the ladies. (as always) :indeed:

Hopefully both Zero Suit Samus and Palutena won't keep me waiting long, in the meantime I've got to reorganise my amiibo collection as it's starting to get a little crowded now. :heh:

I want that cabinet Sakurai had.

amiibo-Sakurai.jpg

Looking forward to being a bit closer to completing the Smash series this week. But not the £80+ that's gonna cost me.

Seriously gonna need to rethink my need for these things when the Smash wave is complete. Hopefully they'll stick to 3-5 per series for games in future. Much more financially manageable.

Don't you just love amiibo? They're so awesome, especially these Animal Crossing ones, they look the best quality ones yet. I hope they release a Xenoblade series next. Would love a mech one.

18694174558_437f5044c9_k.jpg

Seems like their display cases at E3 were always busy. Good to see they're so wildly popular, looks like they're a long term part of Nintendo's future now.