NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation/Xbox/PC Bargains

A big PlayStation sale is happening for the next week across multiple retailers.

A years subscription of PS+ can be bought for £28 over on Shopto.

PSVR + Camera + Farpoint + VR Worlds is £340 over on Shopto.

GAME have a similar bundle but gives you Eagle Flight as well for an extra £10.

Payday 2 is free on Steam for the next 5 million copies or until June 21st, whichever comes first.

Cracking sale on Playstation  store with double discounts for Plus subscribers. Picked up Hitman season 1 for less than £20. 

Some really great prices there. Must resist the urge on Resident Evil games...

12 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Been eyeing some of those games for a while; might pick up the ones I want most, even if only to go into my backlog for now, namely being Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive EditionFinal Fantasy XV, and Yakuza 0, as well as possibly Persona 5Tales of BersariaValkyria Chronicles RemasteredDark Souls III and/or Resident Evil 7 - never played a game in any of these latter franchises before. Also tempted by Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, though I've heard conflicting things about it...

Edited by Julius Caesar

Bought Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth for the Vita.

I remember @Hero-of-Time playing and enjoying it so unless my memory is wrong it was a good purchase :D

Edit: 1 hour in...fuck, this is addictive.

Edited by drahkon

Eurogamer alerted me to this:

Amazon Prime customers can get a PS4 Slim, Overwatch, Crash N.Sane Trilogy and a spare controller for £180 (if you have a friend who's using Prime, maybe ask them, or if you haven't made use of the free trial do that and cancel it)

Would have considered this if I hadn't just bought a WiiU to play Zelda

Today only.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073K33CPN/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ll1&tag=eurgam-m-21&linkId=64a1b184ac504a0ff69b34352ed914d6

Hm...Elite Dangerous for 16.99€...Veeeeery tempted.

@Fierce_LiNk @DriftKaiser @Cookyman @ArtMediocre @somme

Help me out here. Is it worth it? I've bought No Man's Sky recently again which is something I'll keep coming back to in the future. How does Elite Dangerous compare? Can you play this for an hour and still achieve something? Or do you really have to invest time to enjoy it?

28 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Help me out here. Is it worth it? I've bought No Man's Sky recently again which is something I'll keep coming back to in the future. How does Elite Dangerous compare? Can you play this for an hour and still achieve something? Or do you really have to invest time to enjoy it?

From what I can tell, it has a very steep learning curve and lots of things you need to know but the game doesn't tell you most them. @Fierce_LiNk hated it and hasn't touched it again... I would look at some videos first if I were you, as it is completely different from No Man's Sky.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

If you're already getting your space fix from NMS I wouldn't bother right now. It does indeed have a steep learning curve and although it has a lot of good things about it, I found myself watching numbers the majority of the time as the distances between celestial bodies is more realistic... and space it big. NMS is much more immediate and much easier to jump in and play. With the new patch I also found more things to do in NMS.

• Like 1

I'll try my best not to shit on Elite: Dangerous. But, the truth is, I really dislike it. I don't usually regret spending money on games, but Elite is the first game in a very long time where I regret my purchase. I just didn't find it very fun. I found it too convoluted, too steep in difficult at the start and not very rewarding. One of my friends commented that you need to put loads of hours into it to get something out of the play. It is not a casual experience.

But, you're hearing this opinion from someone who dislikes the game immensely. You might really enjoy that experience. I'd recommend watching a few videos of others playing the game to see what it's like. I plan to go back to it one day to give it another crack, because I hate giving up on shit. But, my time is really limited this summer and I'd rather it went on more worthwhile games.

• Like 1

Watched some videos and after reading your posts I won't bother. Looks like No Man's Sky is much more up my alley.

Now I'm either going to get Undertale (which isn't on sale sadly, as it just got released) or the Humble Bundle which includes XCOM for Vita and XCOM 2 for PS4 (among other games that I'm not particularly interested in; mostly PS3 games). The bundle costs 17€.

Edited by drahkon

I would say that if you have VR, you buy it. If you don't, it demands that you play if for ages even for the simplest things. I mean, it's a great game, and I even bought a flight stick for it, but I wouldn't recommend it if you already get your fix from NMS.

It's not a game you simply open up and play for an hour. It can take an hour just to get the docking right the first times :p. But if you ever get VR later on, then get the game. Then you can simply boot it up and just sit in awe scoping around the stations. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ArtMediocre said:

I would say that if you have VR, you buy it. If you don't, it demands that you play if for ages even for the simplest things. I mean, it's a great game, and I even bought a flight stick for it, but I wouldn't recommend it if you already get your fix from NMS.

It's not a game you simply open up and play for an hour. It can take an hour just to get the docking right the first times :p. But if you ever get VR later on, then get the game. Then you can simply boot it up and just sit in awe scoping around the stations. 

I wish that the game was more welcoming because I love the look of it. But, the more I played, the more irritated by it that I became. Just certain design choices that are unnecessary and tedious.

Season 3 of Walking Dead on sale for £9.99 and Guardians for £11.99.  That's not a bad price, however i'll hold out until pay day me thinks.

I picked up some PSN credit on my lunch break and had a good look at the sale. I actually ended up buying a couple of games that have been on sale for a few weeks and end tonight. Cosmic Heroine has been on my radar for a while and i'm surprised it's taken me this long to realise it was on sale! 

Have you ever looked into the game, @S.C.G? The guys who made it said they were heavily influenced by the Phantasy Star games.

I also snapped up Full Throttle and Oxen Free. Heard good things about them both, especially the latter.