NEurope
Retro_Link

No Man's Sky

And so it begins...

tumblr_obowpqHqdU1vcevjdo1_1280.jpg

My started planet was an absolutely toxic wasteland. It took a good hour or so to get to grips with what to do, and I'm still learning the whole while. The crafting and inventory system is more complex than I'd thought and managing inventory space at the beginning is quite the challenge.

tumblr_obowtj6uJH1vcevjdo1_1280.jpg

Found a few neat creatures; nothing too odd yet but I am only just beginning:

tumblr_obowwqcnd51vcevjdo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_obowwqcnd51vcevjdo2_1280.jpg

And just some other random shots I took:

tumblr_obox00zjOJ1vcevjdo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_obox00zjOJ1vcevjdo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_obox00zjOJ1vcevjdo3_1280.jpg

And also it may very well be possible to see other players. The servers were up and down and one of the people who supposedly tried to meet up with another player was not even connected to PSN.

But it's not an MMO and they never said it was. In fact they always stressed the opposite.

Edited by somme

Annnnnnnd I'm hyped. :hehe:

Not got any plans to get this soon mind you, (still hooked on Monster Hunter Generations, got Gravity Rush Remastered to finish and The Tomorrow Children is imminent... apparently) but yeah, this is very much on the to buy list. :)

I want The Tomorrow Children.

To elaborate on the Tokyo Jungle comparison: You're in that constant state of survival. There's no mating involved (lol), but with regards to certain areas being toxic, you constantly scavenging for resources (NMS) or Food (Tokyo Jungle), etc. Both are quite laid back and relaxing games.

You're on a mission. To explore strange new worlds. To seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no one has gone before.

This is EXACTLY what the game is about.

Thinking I might wait until they patch the space freighters in. Want to wait until I get a couple of free days anyway and I love myself some space trucking.

Apparently my game arrived this morning, but I've got chores to do tonight and so won't get to play until tomorrow night.

Still, excited as fuck.

Cheers for the report @somme, I figured one of us would start on some deadly toxic wasteland.

My copy finally arrived so will finally give it a go in a couple of hours, very excited

Cheers for the report @somme, I figured one of us would start on some deadly toxic wasteland.

My copy finally arrived so will finally give it a go in a couple of hours, very excited

The planet @Fierce_LiNk started on was quite toxic as well, he had to keep going into caves or back into his ship to get his toxic level back down.

The second planet he landed on was radioactive, so quite similar to the first one. Never was annoying though, he got enough time in between to walk around and explore, with his personal shield just slowly going down.

Some of the creatures we saw were quite weird. Some can be friendly (like our Moon Cow), some not so much. :P

There's no mating involved (lol)
Really, how do the Space Cows reproduce? :heh:

*EDIT*

:laughing::bowdown:

Edited by RedShell

Well...I spent almost two hours on my starting planet and haven't even thought about flying into space.

I was so absorbed that I didn't take too many screenshots... :laughing:

Started on a hot planet so it was easy to circumvent the hazard. Just enter the spaceship, a cave or a house and the heat level reduced :)

CGqHBWv.jpg

8kuWxvi.jpg

Not the most beautiful planet, that's for sure :D

Didn't take long when I saw some other spaceships flying around.

eH72rUa.jpg

This motherfucker was the first predator I've seen...it's small, it's fast and it's a freaking asshole :laughing:

Xfd7i41.jpg

Found a ruin. Managed to learn three new words in this location alone : peace:

9sqoHJS.jpg

Inventory management is not easy...was able to find two suit uprades, so I have two more slots available but I need more!

Need to find and analyze two more creatures and I'm at 100% for this planet. Not bad. I won't leave until I've discovered them all.

The first two hours with the game have already been mindblowing. Exploration and survival. That's what I wanted out of this game and it delivers. : peace:

Now I'm hungry because I still haven't had lunch...

Ahhh...you guys. Making me want to buy this.

Going to the meet this weekend and on holiday from Wednesday next week, so don't want to buy yet. But still...

Having trouble analyzing flying creature :( They are too quick to analzye while they are in flight and my blaster doesn't reach high enough (or the projectiles aren't fast enough). And my planet is rather flat. :laughing:

Well, I've been walking around discovering shelters, plaques, new technologies, more resources...Still not ready to fly into space :D

Well...I spent almost two hours on my starting planet and haven't even thought about flying into space.

Well, I've been walking around discovering shelters, plaques, new technologies, more resources...Still not ready to fly into space :D

Sounds to me like you're playing No Man's Planet! :D

I love hearing that there's so much to do though just on the planet you start out on, it's encouraging. :)

Will try this out later for a little bit. : peace:

Sounds to me like you're playing No Man's Planet! :D

Yeah :DStill haven't left the planet.

I want to get the money bonus for discovering 100% of the species. Two left.

I know that one are those flying fucks that I simply cannot analyze...managed to shoot one but couldn't find its dead body after it dropped to the ground :hmm:

Edit: 100% discovery achieved...can't redeem my 250,000 units. :( The button won't work...

Edit²: It was glitchy because I kept getting disconnected from the servers. I got the money now :D

Reached my second planet after acquiring the Warp Drive. It's radioactive but I can deal with it.

Two more species to go here and 100% discoveryachieved.

Will explore some more later tonight. : peace:

Edited by drahkon

I went and did space things!

tumblr_obpjoys3XK1vcevjdo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_obpjoys3XK1vcevjdo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_obpjoys3XK1vcevjdo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_obpjoys3XK1vcevjdo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_obpjtrX3oS1vcevjdo2_1280.jpg

I've made next to no progress and bloody loving it.

Im starting to think more and more that the reason people cant see each other yet even if they are on the same planet is going to have something to do with whats at the center of the universe and thats why Hello Games arent just explaining it.

Possibly. And the servers have been finicky all day. And apparently those two guys said they were on the same planet, but one person said they saw day and the other night. Meeting on a planet would be bloody difficult at the best of times.

Some pictures from early in my journey(first two systems)

Starting system(starting planet not in picture)

13912750_10208609267202826_4126789403082436417_n.jpg?oh=b0a335d838296fa276b78e9e72f8153c&oe=581BEC0C

Precision landing

13892221_10208609267962845_6392269108505773738_n.jpg?oh=036759ac8b62279307e0808613e6f3c9&oe=58199BF4

First discovered creature

13901568_10208609267842842_2047624110818447624_n.jpg?oh=66837971bc828d3bd7f822f34b6e5ab0&oe=5819E4FB

Found a water planet...

13880371_10208609267162825_2166528330581755741_n.jpg?oh=3ee3716bcb4acdb874a9b47a1a6cc8d2&oe=584E433F

..but surprisingly a very dead one. Almost devoid of life but a couple plants. Only place I found of notice was underwater and most land of the little that existed was too ragged to traverse.

13924817_10208609267282828_336858927199204121_n.jpg?oh=cfa40315bb8722e99972fa2e152af3d9&oe=585C5896

I don't know what this is

13901443_10208609267242827_7811229511428199602_n.jpg?oh=cacc8c1b9cf6c4ec5360789dfcae0286&oe=585626C2

The teddy bear attacked first, I swear

13880371_10208609267122824_6820418190881497021_n.jpg?oh=0c26bdd72feff0356076cc19c0c48f96&oe=5822A78D

Posting this in spoiler tag just in case.

Popular space station

13912682_10208609267882843_4673746553455990569_n.jpg?oh=463af7444dfe70301031f3578e6f614f&oe=58130845

Edited by Tales

That's a Ewok! Did you kill it?

Haha funny NMS trailer with Bill Bailey:

I've been playing for the last 5 hours and have been having a blast.

I came across this planet that was pretty much just a barren rock. There was something pretty beautiful about it, especially with the sun setting in the distance. The next planet had amazing ocean life, as well as beautiful pink flowers on the surface. Visually, probably the best planet I've seen so far.

I've made a bit of a fuck up, though.

So, I bought a hyperdrive and was give some anti-matter to help make the fuel for it. All good. I explored the rest of my star system and visited the space station to buy a new ship before making the hyper-jump.

When I came to make the hyper jump, I couldn't do it...because I need fuel. So, I need more anti-matter! Or at least the ability to craft it. I'm trying to do that now. Gah. A bit of a fuck up.

Loving it.

I've played about 5 or so hours so far, and haven't even left my starting planet. Met a couple of aliens though who helped me out though. Oh and I got lost in a very confusing cave network.

From the impressions I've read elsewhere, this game gets old really fast, which is what I feared. Is anybody getting fatigued with it yet?

I'm not.

I don't know where you get your impressions from, but personally I would take negative user impressions with a pinch of salt at this time. It's a bit crazy atm. Wait for proffesional reviews if you are unsure about the game.

Currently, I'm on a very ragged and uneven planet. Hard to get to the next point with all the steep cliffs and mountains, so when I get home from work I might leave for the fourth system already.

Edited by Tales

The people with negative opinions are simply very loud at this point. The people enjoying the game and so engrossed they haven't a chance to fight back.

I'm no where near bored yet. It's definitely akin to those "just one more level" games, but this time it's "just one more planet."