NEurope
Retro_Link

No Man's Sky

My exo suit has 34 slots, my ship has 27 and my multi tool 24 : peace:

I'd say exploring the moon was worth it :laughing: My finances have taken a hit, though...I must've spend close to 2 million units.

Again...finding that last species appears to be impossible. I can't find it anywhere. Not in caves, not in open spaces, not in the sky and there's no water on the planet so not underwater. ::shrug:

Try fly somewhere else and look around. Also, when looking through the scanner, white flashing dots indicate animal spawn areas. Also, I haven't checked yet, but when you get close the dot should be one colour if you have scanned it before, and a different colour if you haven't.

There could also be more than one flying animal.

And last, I've been told there's an order to the animals when you press options. Something like predators first, herbivores next and flying and swimming animals after that. Check your earlier completed planets and compare.

I have 34 slots in the exosuit too, and just bought an even uglier plane with 28 slots for 4.5 million(I really should take some more time when shopping)

Whatever cash I get from now on I will spend on maxing the exosuit and multi tool, but first I will finish the Atlas quest and then look around for different star systems with the improved hyper drive.

Edited by Tales

Try fly somewhere else and look around. Also, when looking through the scanner, white flashing dots indicate animal spawn areas. Also, I haven't checked yet, but when you get close the dot should be one colour if you have scanned it before, and a different colour if you haven't.

There could also be more than one flying animal.

I know all that but the species just wouldn't show up ::shrug: I got it eventually. It was a flying animal, not sure what triggered its spawn.

And last, I've been told there's an order to the animals when you press options. Something like predators first, herbivores next and flying and swimming animals after that. Check your earlier completed planets and compare.

That's good to know. Will keep that in mind.

Edit:

[tweet]765327116317646849[/tweet]

For PC players this most likely means fixing the horrible launch issues.

For PS4 players I hope this fixes the crashes and will add a photo mode or an option to remove the HUD.

Edited by drahkon

I really wanted to hold off getting this for at least six months, maybe a year. But I'm being given a copy later.

I'm torn.

Put in a stupid amount of time playing this since it launched last week. I've only warped 8 times or so but so far, I've managed to knock out all trophies but the ones for using warp. But even with all that play time, I'm still enjoying it massively. Been following the Atlas line so far and have just got my first Atlas stone and a second warp path to follow now. But some of the planets I've found along the Atlas path have been incredible. One of them had these giant flying slug things in the sky with ancient ruins strewn about the place (as though the planet was once home to some ancient civilization) and the majority of life living below ground to escape the heat/radiation. Since then, I've found planets filled to the brim with life to the point where I could open up the scanner and have 90% of the planets species scanned within about 2 minutes of being on the surface (though there's always that last 1 that proves difficult to find :shakehead).

Even though I am seeing some repetition in the creatures I encounter, the variety I'm still seeing of new things is still mind boggling. And yet, I'm doubting I've seen some of the really weird stuff yet, looking forward to progressing closer to the centre to see more of that.

The extreme survival trophies were a real slog to get but thankfully, I managed to find a planet where the Sol cycle was only 15 minutes so it cut down the time needed to be spent in extreme conditions a bit and being able to still have it count if you stand around in caves and shelters was a bonus, but it was still a pain in the backside to do. For the first couple hours, I just ran across the planet, hitting up outposts and such to make sure I'd save progress (seeing as the game has crashed on me about 20 times in the last 2 days) while heading towards map icons that were a couple of hours walk away from where I initially landed. Doing this managed to allow about 20 odd cycles to pass and finding an outpost with one of the Korvak people meant I could just stay there and wait out the rest while I read a book to pass the time. Glad it's over but not a fun one to do.

Think I also managed to luck out on the gold trophy for uploading planet scan data of the creatures. You're supposed to upload 60 from what I read somewhere but I managed it with 10. Don't know if it glitched or if they changed the requirements in the day 1 patch but I'm not going to complain. To anyone trying to get this though, planets which don't have any creatures count towards this total so still click the upload thing in the options menu. You don't get any credits but it counts towards this total.

At the moment, I'm finishing off another system, possibly going to upgrade my exosuit a bit more but would rather hold on to the units to upgrade my ship further. We'll see. Can't wait to get back to it once I'm finished at work.

I couldn't make up my mind between picking the "Help with Atlas" path or the "harness black holes" one. I'm a little confused about the difference between the atlas path and getting to the centre of the galaxy, so I'm just staying in my local area and have gotten two atlas stones already, not sure if I should make a push for the centre yet.

Otherwise really loving this game. Still using my original starship, I just love the design so much and want to wait till I have more money before purchasing another. The inventory management is a ball ache though.

I've yet to find anything Atlas related other than one red orb as i started

I've finally left my first solar system, i 100% completed three planets (one was easy since it had no life) and about 80% for the remaining one

One planet was odd as hell - Planet of the blobs as i called it, everything was like a flan from final fantasy, bouncing blobs everywhere! filled with Emril, Platinum and Gold - made a mint off that one

Upgraded to a better ship with 24 slots, had to rebuild a hyper drive

Got a 19 slot rifle that i've upgraded so much that it cuts through everything, so much so i'm tempted do away with the pulse rifle, the mining beam kills sentinels far far faster and those extra slots could be used for the plasma launcher

I also managed to get 46 slots on my Exosuit, which is annoyingly easier to upgrade than your ship

I feel like i'm hitting a wall with exploration, i can mine for about an hour (gold/Platinum/Nickel) or other high selling resources and get bout 500-600k, but if i come across more exo suit upgrades my net profit drops massively (think my next upgrade will be 330k). Which makes it all the more annoying since ships with 28 or more slots are now 3.5-4million, it feels unbelievably grindy for almost no gains, you should be able to upgrade your current ship, even if it was 400k per new slot it would be better.

The lack of slots is now becoming an issue as i have the bare minimum ship equipment to maximise my hold, so i can earn money, but in doing so i'm flying a bean can that fires pellets compared to some space craft

I think its just the gameplay does not lend itself well to extended play (in relation to farming/money gains), but in short bursts you cannot gain enough to allow you to continue exploring as far as you'd want.

I feel there are quite a few tweeks that could improve gameplay;

Do something with relation to ships holds

-Reduce ship cost (20%), allow buying/claiming of ship slots (use crashed ships?) or increase resource selling costs (20%) or increase resource stacking amount (doubled), to me its just on that range where currently it becomes too boring and too unworth the gains to farm to improve your ship, hence me having such a large exosuit that holds more than my ship

Allow you to have a journal that can mark locations to return to

- it would be nice to not feel compelled to buy all exosuit upgrades as i find them, but to return as and when i need them.

(flipside to that might be how i'm playing? in an infinite universe surely i can skip one planets drop pods)

My Exosuit is only 3 upgrades away from max 48 slots. I warped to a new system on Sunday and a huge battleship were under attack by 16 pirate ships. It's like being in a star war space battle. This system got 4 planets, two are radioactive, one are full of lush forest and floating islands. I forgot the other one. Saw a cool white/gold ship with 35+ slots but it's over 14 millions unit. :(

I really wanted to hold off getting this for at least six months, maybe a year. But I'm being given a copy later.

I'm torn.

Natalie says Hi.

Natalie-Imbruglia-Torn-365630.jpg

My exo suit is at 48 slots, my ship at 27 and my multi-tool at 24. Inventory management isn't really an issue at this point.

Just gotta save up for a bigger ship now, and one that looks better. I finished the Atlas Quest line and am now heading for the centre, though I am quite a long way away!

Took a break today (mostly due to studying) but I'm already looking forward to playing this in a couple of minutes. : peace:

It seems like most of you are way ahead in terms of progression (i.e. Atlas stuff). The only Atlas related "things" I've come across were words in the Atlas language :laughing:

I hope that without the guidance I will eventually reach the point where some of you are but I'm not sweating it. I'm very comfortable with the pace I'm playing No Man's Sky. :)

My exo suit is at 48 slots, my ship at 27 and my multi-tool at 24. Inventory management isn't really an issue at this point.

Just gotta save up for a bigger ship now, and one that looks better. I finished the Atlas Quest line and am now heading for the centre, though I am quite a long way away!

Can I ask how long the Atlas quest took you? Would you consider that the main storyline of the game? I've got two Atlas stones at the moment, how far in would you say I am (without spoiling how many there are).

I keep wondering if I can mix heading to centre with the Atlas storyline to sort of keep the interest going rather than finish it early.

Can I ask how long the Atlas quest took you? Would you consider that the main storyline of the game? I've got two Atlas stones at the moment, how far in would you say I am (without spoiling how many there are).

I keep wondering if I can mix heading to centre with the Atlas storyline to sort of keep the interest going rather than finish it early.

Can't remember exactly as I did a lot of exploring too and once I got a better warp drive I did the last half pretty quickly to get it over with. (Not that it was unenjoyable, but was distracting me from exploring.)

About 20 hours? At a guess. You're pretty much at the beginning. I also wouldn't consider it the story of the game, but rather a side-quest with lore building.

Found an interesting multitool a few days ago, haven't seen another one quite like it:

tumblr_obuqjlTSfb1vcevjdo1_1280.png

Things that were advertised but are not in NMS

Worth a read. It's Destiny all over again.

Here's hoping we'll get an official statement from Hello Games to clarify the development process.

Mind you, I still enjoy No Man's Sky for what it is (just as I enjoyed Destiny) but still...when you see what it could've been/what was promised it...

Yeah, I think the game is great, but there's no hiding it's missing a lot that should have been in the game.

Edited by Tales

Looks like I'll follow Atlas' path after all :laughing: Warped to a new Star System and got directed to a Monolith which let me accept the guidance, so I accepted it. Seems like it would be much too difficult to find the Atlas Interface by chance.

Now I made it my mission to follow the path to the Atlas Interface. Looking forward to see what awaits me :)

But I won't rush there. Plenty of planets to explore on my way : peace:

Things that were advertised but are not in NMS

Worth a read. It's Destiny all over again.

Here's hoping we'll get an official statement from Hello Games to clarify the development process.

Mind you, I still enjoy No Man's Sky for what it is (just as I enjoyed Destiny) but still...when you see what it could've been/what was promised it...

It's quite amazing to see and read about what was there in the game only 4 months ago and see what we're playing now. As it's being said in that reddit post, the game we got is more or less a shell compared to what was promised and so on that basis, I can definitely see why some people are not happy with the product we have.

It may not be that it's been removed but more that things have been held back to put out in a future patch/update for the game. With the complexity of some of the stuff that was being promised, I'd hazard a guess that it was putting some serious strain on hardware getting things to run smoothly and not to crash more than it already is doing at the moment. Procedurally generating planets and systems and then simulating solar cycles, weather patterns as well as resource distribution and generating animal and plant life must have been pushing things a bit far and that's before adding in massive space battles and everything else.

My guess is what we've got now is the basis game upon which they'll incrementally update to flesh out those features. Some we'll get and some we won't but with Hello Games wanting feedback from fans and players and being actively engaged in acting on that as well as improving the game with free updates, I reckon this is the path they're heading down, or at least I'd like to think it is.

Yes, it's disappointing that so much of this stuff has been removed but like a lot of others, I'm enjoying the game immensely, though I will admit my enjoyment is starting to dwindle slightly but that may just be because of the amount of time I've put in so far in the first week. That being said, I feel it's a game I'll be coming back to time and again as the exploration aspect is something that has drawn me in and provides an air of intrigue that leads to a "Just one more planet" mentality of play.

What's annoying me most is Hello Games' silence on the matter. Yes, they are busy fixing the PC version but I'd say Sean should take an hour to write and publish a statement on the current situation, criticism and missing content.

Ouch

Tough to disagree really, though I'm still really enjoying it.

What's annoying me most is Hello Games' silence on the matter. Yes, they are busy fixing the PC version but I'd say Sean should take an hour to write and publish a statement on the current situation, criticism and missing content.

"I'm sorry I'm a massive liar. The game I sold you was never real. I did nothing to temper those expectations. I promise to patch it into the game it should be...maybe."

Does anyone know if using black holes will stop you from doing the Atlas path or are there still Atlas interfaces closer to the galaxy centre ? I'd like to mix both paths and do them at the same time if possible.

Jesus Christ, there are black holes in this game?

I think I spend too much time on each planet I visit :laughing:

Finally found a 23 slots multitool after constantly offer a 20 slots for a long time. Last night I spent around 1-2 hours wandering around in this forest and mining Emeril. It was an awesome experience cos I kept encountered those adorable creatures with their families. Even one of the creature are so small that it can hide in the tall grasses.

Then I left the planet to sell the Emeril on other planet when a bunch of ships warped and 20+ pirates following it. I need to improve the ship's firepowers cos it takes a while to defeat them.

Edited by DriftKaiser

"I'm sorry I'm a massive liar. The game I sold you was never real. I did nothing to temper those expectations. I promise to patch it into the game it should be...maybe."

Ah, the Molyneux defence. Classic.