NEurope
Retro_Link

No Man's Sky

I'm hoping that the weapons get a lot better on the game as it goes on. The space combat is HARD

Life is difficult Jamba, even in space.

Got a new Multitool with more slots and I discovered that there are a huge difference if you have V1 then V2 and V3 of same upgrade rather than Upgrade A V1 then Upgrade B V1 and Upgrade A V2. It used less energy. Managed to kill that Sentinel Walker.

Spent all day search for colonial outpost to unlock more recipes except the Atlas V2/V3 passes. Now I can craft everything I need to make a warp cell myself without buy a piece from the market.

Got a new Multitool with more slots and I discovered that there are a huge difference if you have V1 then V2 and V3 of same upgrade rather than Upgrade A V1 then Upgrade B V1 and Upgrade A V2.

Sorry can you explain that again? I have to admit I've never even noticed V1, V2 or V3. All I've seen is tech that is either Sigma, Tau or Theta quality.

Haven't had a chance to play yesterday because I was at my girlfriend's and I couldn't play today because I was studying.

But I've finished for today so...time to go back into space :D

It's absolutely astounding how in the last 48 hours I kept thinking about what I'll do the next time I'll start up NMS.

I can't wait to see what Hello Games will add in the future. The game is perfect for me as it is (and I haven't seen much, yet), so all the new content we'll see will be icing on the cake.

Sorry can you explain that again? I have to admit I've never even noticed V1, V2 or V3. All I've seen is tech that is either Sigma, Tau or Theta quality.

Sigma is V1, Tau is V2 and Theta is V3 (Omega is V4). My bad as I got the number from the small black icon.

Upgraded my Exosuit. It now has 28 slots.

Bought a new ship and found three crashed ships. My current has 27 slots and has everything repaired except for the Warp Drive.

I'm on the fourth planet of my first Starsystem. It has lots of gold, so before I repair and fuel the Warp Drive and venture deeper into space I will collect and sell some gold. :)

Managed to find a blueprint to craft Antimatter. Pretty stoked :D

Where do you guys find the best exosuit upgrades? In the various buildings? I'm finding quite a few +1 slot upgrades in drop pods scattered around the various planets.

As one of the more.. cautious / suspicious / vaguely negative.. voices on this thread over the last few months, I've gotta hand it to Hello games, I'm having a great time with this. The game still suffers in a lot of the ways I thought it would, but, for me, the overall atmosphere and sense of exploration is easily enough to make up for it's flaws thus far.

Currently on a lovely watery planet which I think I'll sink a few couple hours into before my first warp.

Thanks Somme, Flink and the other who posted their early opinions on here- not sure I'd have picked it up based just on the reviews. : peace:

I think Drop Pods can only give you 1+ slot upgrades. Other upgrades can be found via various means.

The game still suffers in a lot of the ways I thought it would, but, for me, the overall atmosphere and sense of exploration is easily enough to make up for it's flaws thus far.

Great to hear that you're enjoying it :) Yes, it has several issues but it's a good survival/exploration game, a technical achievement and as Eurogamer put it so aptly: "Hello Games' lush galactic odyssey is a unique work of engineering art - and an engrossing, if flawed, game. "

Looking forward to No Man's Sky's future.

Edited by drahkon

My exosuit has 42 slots now. :D But my ship is still rubbish on 19. Gotta save up for a better ship! Currently on a radioactive moon I've been here for several hours now, mining gold amongst other things. I have one more land animal to find to 100% the planet. Could take a while...

I have one more land animal to find to 100% the planet. Could take a while...

Yeah, finding that last species...pretty sure that I will eventually stop caring about cataloguing every animal :D Right now I'm spending so much time on planets that it's not a big deal if it takes hours :laughing:

Travelled to a different Star System for the first time and landed on a planet without hazards :awesome: It's a watery planet so walking around is not my main method of exploration.

Found a ruin underwater. I hope that underwater movement will become quicker with future updates because it took quite a while before I reached it.

I also managed to find another crashed ship which I claimed for myself. I now have a ship with 28 slots :)

I wonder when I will finally find that Atlas Pass...would love to access those doors and cargo drops.

During my space flight I got attacked by three pirate ships...holy shit, didn't expect it to be that tough. My shields dropped 3 times. I survived, though. :yay:

Didn't you say you didn't want to follow the Atlas questline? It might be a coincidence, but I got Atlas pass v1 during the questline.

Got 7 of the Atlas stones so far, but I'm currently "stuck" on a planet with extreme toxic conditions, just to grind the respective milestone/trophy requirement. Once I'm done with that, I should have more than enough money to buy the biggest ship I can find on the space station, and continue following the guidance of Atlas.

I have been to a system discovered by another player. It had only one planet, but he never visited it.

Edited by Tales

I'm about 21 jumps in so far. I started on the Atlus path and then switched towards the galactic core. No idea how close I am though.

Didn't you say you didn't want to follow the Atlas questline? It might be a coincidence, but I got Atlas pass v1 during the questline.

I don't know what exactly the Atlas questline involves. As far as I know I don't follow it. I ignored that red orb on my crash site.

But I still would love to get the Atlas pass. If you get directed towards it during that questline that's great, but there has to be a way to get it without the guidance. :D I'll most likely get it eventually...somehow...hopefully.

Well, it was probably random. I was surprised when I got it. It may be one of those rare ones you get when checking for new upgrades at stations/aliens.

As one of the more.. cautious / suspicious / vaguely negative.. voices on this thread over the last few months, I've gotta hand it to Hello games, I'm having a great time with this. The game still suffers in a lot of the ways I thought it would, but, for me, the overall atmosphere and sense of exploration is easily enough to make up for it's flaws thus far.

Currently on a lovely watery planet which I think I'll sink a few couple hours into before my first warp.

Thanks Somme, Flink and the other who posted their early opinions on here- not sure I'd have picked it up based just on the reviews. : peace:

Glad to hear you're enjoying this.

I'm away atm and so won't be even in the same country as my PS4 for about 2 weeks. Life's a bitch. :heh:

Glad to hear you're enjoying this.

I'm away atm and so won't be even in the same country as my PS4 for about 2 weeks. Life's a bitch. :heh:

I don't know why you didn't just buy a third PS4.

No Man's Sky is Sony's second biggest ever PlayStation 4 launch behind Uncharted 4, Chart-Track said. Remember, that's physical sales only. No Man's Sky also came out in download form on PS4 and on PC.

[...]

It's a huge sales success for Hello Games and No Man's Sky, which is also the biggest game release on Steam in 2016 so far.

Eurogamer.net - No Man's Sky Sony's 2nd biggest ever PS4 launch in UK

Awesome. : peace: It's great for the devs but also great for us. If Hello Games keep their promise (free updates/content) the profit they made (assuming they made profit) will only benefit them and in turn us.

Edit: Love the reactions to the news: Piece of shit game sells well, full priced indie game sells well, only hype sold the game, boring game, industry is doomed.

Gotta love the gaming community. :laughing:

Had a couple of randoms message me on PSN saying they've come across planets I've discovered. They've asked if I want to meet up but I'm already hundreds of light years away.

Hmm. This makes me wonder a bit - if I end up picking this up later in the year(probs closer to Christmas/Dec) - will I be ending up exploring already explored, and possibly depleted, planets? Or is a planet so vast you're unlikely to have done so much on it to affect other people's play so much?

will I be ending up exploring already explored, and possibly depleted, planets? Or is a planet so vast you're unlikely to have done so much on it to affect other people's play so much?

The only thing you'll encounter is named planets. Anything done on a planet does not affect any other player.

But also the planets are so vast you could have loads of people mining on each one and they wouldn't deplete all the stuff.

My exo suit has 34 slots, my ship has 27 and my multi tool 24 : peace:

I'd say exploring the moon was worth it :laughing: My finances have taken a hit, though...I must've spend close to 2 million units.

Again...finding that last species appears to be impossible. I can't find it anywhere. Not in caves, not in open spaces, not in the sky and there's no water on the planet so not underwater. ::shrug: