NEurope
Retro_Link

No Man's Sky

Two patches incoming. One this week, one next week:

"First of all, we are thankful for all your love, support and affection towards our dream project ‘No Man’s Sky’. At the same time, if you have mailed out support address, we are extremely sorry for any issues you are facing playing our game.

Please be assured that we are working literally around the clock to resolve the most critical issues for players. We are collating all the data and support requests you have sent, and it is helping us to develop fixes. Sincerely thank you for your help.

Many people have waited so long to play the game, and we know how frustrating it can be to have problems. We hear you, and we humbly request you to wait a bit longer as we try to get these fixes tested and rolled out soon.

A patch for both PC and PS4 will be released this week. These will fix the most urgent and critical issues for all our players. Then next week another patch for PS4 and PC will be released which will help to improve the experience further for players. We will keep you updated.

In the meantime, please find a list of the most common issues and workarounds here: http://www.no-mans-sky.com/support/

No Man’s Sky is a vast journey, we intend to continually update and improve this game and we look forward to working with you to provide the best gameplay experience we can.

I started this last night. Only played an hour. I got lost in a cave system. It's overwhelming at first but I worked out what I was doing by the end and made it off the planet.

I'm not really sure what to make of it.

I do really love that it might take an hour to fly somewhere at one speed and 10 seconds at another. That gives a really good sense of scale.

At the moment, I can't really see what the hook to it is, but I'm willing to explore and I guess that's what really counts at the moment.

This game can be so pretty.

tumblr_oc4b72CiV91vcevjdo2_1280.png

tumblr_oc4b72CiV91vcevjdo4_1280.png

tumblr_oc4bilCPOH1vcevjdo1_1280.png

tumblr_oc4bilCPOH1vcevjdo6_1280.png

tumblr_oc4ca3LYrr1vcevjdo3_1280.png

There were so many mountains on this planet. It was beautiful. It had several giant oceans as well:

tumblr_oc4cjlR7bh1vcevjdo4_1280.png

And I found a Xenomorph lookalike.. with wings:

tumblr_oc4a6uv9sL1vcevjdo1_1280.png

Argh, I still can't find any antimatter! No one will sell me any!

With some luck, you can find the recipes for everything needed for warp fuel.

Or you can just camp in space hangar.

Argh, I still can't find any antimatter! No one will sell me any!

Don't BUY antimatter! What a waste of money, just get some carbon, heridium and a few other things and craft it yourself.

Don't BUY antimatter! What a waste of money, just get some carbon, heridium and a few other things and craft it yourself.

But he needs to randomly find the recipe for it first.

I've read that you can get the recipe for it, once you've left the first system.

But I can't do that until I get some antimatter!

Currently camping in the space station, trying to buy it from anyone who enters, but no luck so far.

I've read that you can get the recipe for it, once you've left the first system.

But I can't do that until I get some antimatter!

Currently camping in the space station, trying to buy it from anyone who enters, but no luck so far.

I got the recipe off an alien on my first planet or maybe the second, before i'd left the system - at which point i'd got the blue prints for every multitool upgrade, just keep exploring

So had a good uninterrupted play session on this tonight

Left planet of the blobs which was filled with these wierdo's

14066506_10154177337357839_6693904469120500931_o_zpsirxmtsyd.jpg

Bought a new ship in the second solar system - this is as close as i'll get to being a leaf on the wind i think

13938247_10154177337352839_6235102124426503156_o_zpsobzvw5om.jpg

Found a radioactive planet with either a massive radioactive lake or an ocean, not sure what you'd call it, this was just a shot from one island

14047358_10154177337342839_6698365378444256484_o_zpsj2dacyej.jpg

And just before i switched off i flew to an outpost and tried to land......a trader also tried to land at the same time

13909416_10154177337277839_3191996091712812801_o_zpsroii8pj8.jpg

Finally got the Atlas Pass v1 blueprint : peace:

And a black hole is in a Star System right next to me. I'll make that my next destination.

Currently on a planet looking for the final flying species as always :laughing:

Managed to have the time to upload all pictures to my tumblr blog. Hope you like them.

tumblr_oc5v0f5yfk1vq5rvlo1_1280.png

Found a school of fishes.

tumblr_oc5v1fmcMj1vq5rvlo1_1280.png

What an adorable dinosaur!

tumblr_oc5v27Fz8U1vq5rvlo1_1280.png

The view are breathtaking from the cockpit

tumblr_oc5v38atBk1vq5rvlo1_1280.png

Rest in piece, Sentinel walker!

tumblr_oc5v3vvfca1vq5rvlo1_1280.png

Love this ruin on the radioactive planet.

tumblr_oc5v5wnOyb1vq5rvlo1_1280.png

A screenshot of my old multitool set up.

tumblr_oc5va5XlLF1vq5rvlo1_1280.png

Took this after I landed on a planet that's further away from other planets and space station. Almost 2 mins journey with Pulse Jump.

tumblr_oc5vbbP6De1vq5rvlo1_1280.png

That's what it look like during the daytime.

tumblr_oc5vczDYlm1vq5rvlo1_1280.png

Other 3 planets in this system almost line up. :)

tumblr_oc5vezLgwb1vq5rvlo1_1280.png

That floating rock reminded me of the ship in Alien and Prometheus. O_O

tumblr_oc5votGwTA1vq5rvlo1_1280.png

Love the view of the sea on the most dangerous planet with alot of gravitational balls.

tumblr_oc5vr9TTuP1vq5rvlo1_1280.png

tumblr_oc5vthcwZU1vq5rvlo1_1280.png

So a few picturesof the lake/ocean planet - think its more of an ocean planet with islands ever where really

13996189_10154179898707839_6324685801107441908_o_zpscaewjeej.jpg

14068453_10154179898712839_2472945476369542970_o_zpsg1jdyt6v.jpg

its radioactive as hell here too with weird wild life

14047386_10154179898717839_7767913378242513039_o_zpspx3ycgv5.jpg

Flans again....but with frills!

14054381_10154179898722839_8344411620665148311_o_zpstikgyhgt.jpg

Finished up on this world and went to my third system, which at first i thought was a graphical glitch as space was green! n closer moving around its either a Green Sun or Nebula

First planet is bluetooth

14086245_10154179898597839_3650274810474673176_o_zpsix8yajet.jpg

14053712_10154179898542839_2311174474979398415_o_zpsw8jt8zrv.jpg

13995664_10154179898617839_2768873631410081593_o_zpsy2ikphel.jpg

And seems to have Dinosaurs!

14066291_10154179898607839_6119134225537331347_o_zpstnzgpehw.jpg

I'm sure on a reddit post that detailed the omissions of the retail release, oceans and large lakes were thought to be non existent, well i'm certain thats in, makes me think perhaps desert planets might be in there too

I've definitely seen large oceans. Some almost encompassing the entire planet. I've also seen rivers, but not so many of them.

Ouch

Tough to disagree really, though I'm still really enjoying it.

I've played (finally) only 2 hours and I'm starting to feel this. I was really excited for this as I'm guessing I had visions of something like Metroid Prime in my head, instead I get a nice lil walking sim where I could use my lasers on rocks. Although I can see it getting a little better if I invested more time into it, I feel that the time/satisfaction ratio is too much on the side of putting in effort and even though there's a shitload of planets I'm willing to bet that many more I go on will look almost exactly like the screenshots in this topic.

I've requested a refund on the Steams, it's an alright fun game, just not worth £40.

I haven't been back since I played this twice... for a total of less than three hours?

Though I can see myself going back to it at a later date - I have plenty of other games to play - I am in two minds whether or not just to sell it if I haven't played it again within the next say... three weeks.

It feels like a game which would be better with a few updates, so I'll hold out for now... plus the colour of the spine does look lovely in my PS4 game collection, so there is that. ;)

Sadly it just hasn't grabbed me in a "must play this for "X" hours every night" kind of way, I didn't even go in with very high expectations either. ::shrug:

Being that this is what I last posted though...

OK, this time I played for nearly a full hour and I feel like I've uncovered a deeper understanding of the game. :)

I feel a lot better about it now, have actually made a small amount of progress and I can only see myself dipping into it more frequently when I have the time. :D

I'll keep it for now.

It's weird, I have very little good to say about NMS, but I can't stop playing it. I generally don't like procedurally generated survival games, I don't like crafting in games, I'm finding the game very repetitive (same buildings, similar planets etc), but I regularly put the game on, only to find myself still playing it about 6 hours later.

I can't for the life of me understand why I'm enjoying playing it, but I am. I'm currently just farming planets, selling what I find (except Plutonium and Thamium to fuel shit) and saving up for a decent capacity ship. My backpack is at about 27 slots, but my ship is only 19 or so. I've currently got 2 million credits, so just waiting for one I like the look of to show up. May save up more and just go with the biggest one I can find instead.

I generally tend to avoid combat, so my multitool is geared towards the mining laser. My ship is generally geared towards combat though, as I've found a lot of the fights to be almost unavoidable, so I figured it's best to be safe.

Refund processed. The Steam guidelines say it has to be played "under 2 hours" but I managed to swing it after playing it for 3 hours.

Although the gameplay can be, or is - depending on your playstyle - repetitive, I've played for over 60 hours and am still seeing new things. I guess with a procedurally generated game on this scale it's somewhat based on luck.

But then again, I find a barren rock just as beautiful as a lush planet filled with diverse life. To be fair though, I can look at those few pictures we actually have of Titan and be utterly infatuated for hours.

b5eeb350aa150b005b36701c5f8eaf19.jpg

I mean, that's from a moon around Saturn, from our own solar system. It's amazing. Being able to see similar things in NMS scratches that explorer itch for me.

I do hope they'll add much more in the future, which I hope they will. Even I could get bored eventually. But as I've said, multiple times in this thread: I just wanted to see a star or planet in the sky and know I could go there. Anything else was the icing on the cake. I got what I asked for.

Edited by somme

If you hadn't said that that picture was of a moon of Saturn, I would have thought it was a photo of a beach with a sepia filter on.

It's more impressive that a photo was able to be taken, not the matter.

The Angry Joe review is pretty funny. 36 mins long but it's worth a watch.

So I managed to make my way to this new planet, which was some sort of desert planet, covered in sand and these weird, leafy plants.

There were these really strange animals wandering around that had rodent-y faces, but bodies like a dinosaur, with spines down their backs and long tails.

It was pretty cool.

EDIT: I took a picture:

36b6f35bd2892dacb50344550206f724.jpg

Edited by 130131301364

Got 100% Discovery on every planets in my current system. Now I'm converting golds into money so I can buy that 36 slots ship to bring me closer to 48 slots ship quicker as my ship is only 26 slots. Can't wait to explore the next system on my atlas path.

I swear the ships are going up in value as I'm getting more money, just to keep them out of reach. I'm now at 3 million and all the ships are over 4. I remember seeing quite a few for under 2 when I had less money.

Dismantle the upgrades on your current ship before buy a new ship will reduce the new ship's price. It's same with the multitool.