NEurope
Retro_Link

No Man's Sky

I think I've got about 16 million at the moment. I would've had near thirty but purchased a ship with more slots for about 11 million.

I'm about 80,000 light-years to the centre!

Apparently there's one more bug patch to come out this week and then they start rolling out content patches.

Dismantle the upgrades on your current ship before buy a new ship will reduce the new ship's price. It's same with the multitool.

Why is that?

Ships and the multitools sale price is linked to the number of slots and the tech installed. If you have decent tech installed then looking at new tools/ships have similar. If you dismantle then the tech is fewer and typically cheaper.

FINALLY managed to buy some antimatter and make my way out of the first solar system. Took blimmin ages too. Ended up just spamming every ship that flew into the space station over an hour and a half. Almost gave up!

Anyway, i've jumped to the next star, and it's way cooler than my starting one. I've already seen a cool ice planet with weird crab like beasts, and my first lush habitable planet - probably going to spend a while on this one.

New patch: 671mb. Should sort out the last of the bugs. Scanning flying animals is super easy now apparently (my Internet is slow so haven't finished the download myself).

No much notes as of yet, but we may not get any. Mainly seems to be fixing all major issues.

I like the game, and although I'm disappointed the game did not turn out be as great as we thought it was, I'm nowhere as upset as some people on the Internet are, but this is hilarious:

Edited by Tales

The Angry Joe review is pretty funny. 36 mins long but it's worth a watch.

His videos sum up a lot of what I think sucks about the internet. I've not seen his No Man's Sky video, but I can't stand the overlong shitty intros that reference the thing he's talking about, the intro music and just the overindulgent length of his videos. The production of it all is detestable.

I'm back in the UK now so I'm looking forward to jumping back in with the game. Fuck the haters.

His videos sum up a lot of what I think sucks about the internet. I've not seen his No Man's Sky video, but I can't stand the overlong shitty intros that reference the thing he's talking about, the intro music and just the overindulgent length of his videos. The production of it all is detestable.

I'm back in the UK now so I'm looking forward to jumping back in with the game. Fuck the haters.

I've yet to watch any Angry Joe review apart from the opening section, but I doubt it's any different from any other youtube game review rant.

Anyway, have fun with the game, it's good :)

(I did not post the video above because I'm a hater, quite the opposite!)

I've yet to watch any Angry Joe review apart from the opening section, but I doubt it's any different from any other youtube game review rant.

Anyway, have fun with the game, it's good :)

(I did not post the video above because I'm a hater, quite the opposite!)

I wasn't including you as a hater. :D I've been reading a lot of the impressions on Reddit and there's a definite split between those loving it and hating it.

I enjoyed what I played before I was away. I'm eager for HelloGames to show what plans they have for the future. It's good at the moment, but I can see it growing and becoming even better. That's exciting.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Some screenshots from my adventures:

No%20Mans%20Sky_20160826233330.jpg

No%20Mans%20Sky_20160827023826.jpg

Said goodbye to my old ship:

No%20Mans%20Sky_20160827004644.jpg

And hello to my new one:

No%20Mans%20Sky_20160827020045.jpg

I've never played it so only go on reviews and what players say but don't you think hello games and Sean Murray caused a lot of the problems themself.

Sean Murray continued to say a lot of things about the game well up to release date they seem not to be true. He didn't have to do that. After release he was still far to ambiguous. The whole multi player thing for example should of been nipped in the bud immediately and what possessed him to say what he did I don't know.

Everyone knew it wasn't an MMO, yet still some people have flown off the handle. Those two people who apparently tried to meet up on day one have a flimsy story at best and the servers were absolutely broken, so, I'm in doubt it would've worked anyway.

It's a shame that things like binary systems, ringed planets and a few other things aren't in yet. But a vast majority of the stuff that people are claiming Sean lied about are actually in the game. People assume they've seen everything after two hours when they quite clearly have barely scratched the surface.

You can't deny, however, that the game in no way looks like what we've seen in earlier trailers (not talking about graphics) and that a lot of stuff is missing.

I don't really mind because I enjoy the game (not playing at the moment for reaons I've stated, though) but still...the devs and especially Murray have lost a lot of credibility and respect. And rightly so, in my opinion.

Presumably the people who didn't watch the trailers are the ones who aren't disappointed?

Presumably the people who didn't watch the trailers are the ones who aren't disappointed?

That's me. I knew next to nothing about the game before I bought it, only having read other people's opinon about trailers and demos.

I've watched the trailers and I'm not disappointed.

I just don't like how HelloGames and Sean Murray blatantly lied about what the final product would be and people have a right to be disappointed/angry.

What's even more annoying is the fact that they were and still are silent about the matter.

There is actually an old interview, which I can try and find if you want, where Sean explicitly says, "Not all of this will ship with the game" and he goes on to say something about some features coming later with updates.

That's me. I knew next to nothing about the game before I bought it, only having read other people's opinon about trailers and demos.

This is for the latest patch:

Objectives and stuck without Hyper-drive Issues

Player no longer able to redeem your pre-order ship at a point which would then prevent you learning the hyper-drive blueprint (and if you have done this, we save you).

Player no longer able to bypass being sent to find hyper-drive tech by reloading a save in game at a very specific point.

Getting Stuck in the world

Fixed a couple of low repro bugs that could result in you falling through the world and getting stuck underground.

A raycast in some space stations could hit a very specific point that would put the player inside the floor.

Fixed an issue that would cause your ship to be thrown in the sky at high speed when taking off (in rare cases could in turn lead to getting stuck).

Fixed an issue that would cause your ship to get stuck in terrain and prevent you from taking off, if the player managed to out run generation of terrain LOD 1, and land inside an overhang.

Gameplay

Some players were unable to achieve the extreme survival journey milestone, this has been resolved.

Fixed an issue where some players had some technology types being reported as "already known" when they weren't actually known.

Under some circumstances a message was sometimes misinforming you that you learnt a blueprint when you hadn't, this has been fixed now.

It was possible you could use up all available slots for waypoints on the galaxy map and be unable to set new waypoints. This is much better now.

There was a bug that could cause objective markers to disappear when you loaded a previous save. This is fixed now.

Fixed a rare issue when scanning creatures that would cause all planets to show as 100% complete even if you had only completed one.

Save / Load

Fixed a bug what could cause some corrupt save games to not be loaded, this is now fixed.

Fixed an issue where saves made with the system clock set in the future could cause problems.

Crash Fixes

Fixed a crash that would sometimes happen when warping into a system with a space battle in progress.

Fixed a crash that could happen when interacting with an NPC.

Tweaks and Improvements

It is now easier to scan flying creatures.

Fixed height and weight stats being the wrong way around for creatures.

Gek towers can no longer be interacted with repeatedly.

The 'You have unredeemed items' message will now only show for the first 5 minutes.

Fixed getting 0% charge on Photon Cannon when buying a new ship and constantly being prompted to charge it.

Reduce Suit VO for life support warnings and only do life support VO on 25% and 50%.

Fixed grave being transferred to the new star system after you warp.

Fixed toxic protection 3 (theta) from having the wrong name.

Fixed incorrect marking of sea caves under floating islands.

Turning down music and SFX volume in the options will now work correctly (mutes the VO also).

If you change ship or multi-tool and then revert to previous save the ship should now be the one you had at the time.

Atlas station collision improvements to prevent you from bumping into them too much.

Fix for the stars not being discarded during load/warp (causing duplicate stars).

PC Only Issues

Editing the settings file and corrupting it could cause the game to crash. Instead of crashing it will now revert back to the default settings.

The inventory screen now works correctly regardless of resolution.

Added error message for older CPUs without SSE3 support.

Synchronise frame capping with the first vsync (removes some framerate issues).

Added steam id to login call to help track down some login issues.

Fixed the X key size on the galaxy map.

If you press Tab+P in quick succession, the game paused and didn't let you out of it.

Fixed a performance issue by defaulting your texture resolution to a sensible value based on available GPU memory.

I like the game, and although I'm disappointed the game did not turn out be as great as we thought it was, I'm nowhere as upset as some people on the Internet are, but this is hilarious:

Still not an owner of the game but I found that pretty amusing. Was constantly waiting for Columbo to ask him just one more thing though ;)

Has anyone gotten bored/burnt out yet? I'm wondering with these mixed reactions if it's the sort of game that might see a lot of abandonment/trade-ins and price drops within a few months - I think I do wanna pick it up at some point but might wait for dat price point and when I've got a bit more time on my hands.

Lets be fair the game is a far watered down game than what was marketed, regardless of the multiplayer element that Sean kept saying right up until launch, the game is missing some things that really irk me - Planetary and solar system rotation, proper night day cyles, actual ship types, freighters moving, large space battles, faction wars etc etc etc

The game is not what was shown at e3, whilst still an enjoyable game its not a £50 its about a £20 game

Lets be fair the game is a far watered down game than what was marketed, regardless of the multiplayer element that Sean kept saying right up until launch, the game is missing some things that really irk me - Planetary and solar system rotation, proper night day cyles, actual ship types, freighters moving, large space battles, faction wars etc etc etc

The game is not what was shown at e3, whilst still an enjoyable game its not a £50 its about a £20 game

The game is exactly what was shown at E3, and £20 for a game like this, shallow or not, is an insult.

Now, whilst I do believe the game could be improved (but then again even the best games could be improved), I really dislike this 'á la mode' penchant for insinuating, or in some cases downright stating, that Sean Murray is some sort of massive liar.

Sean said you theoretically could bump into another player. But as I've said before, the people who claimed they were on the same planet also stated one was seeing day and one was seeing night. Seems to me they weren't in the same place and also the servers weren't working when they tried it.

The planets do rotate when you're on them - the stars move as do moons. Yes, they don't move through the star system but apparently this is because early testers were confused when leaving the planet so they toned it down for release. Considering a lot of people can't figure out how to change their multitool from mining to weaponry I can well imagine why they toned it down. I would, as would many others, love them to bring back planetary movement, and perhaps they will.

The planets do cycle from day to dusk to night to dawn. And it appears different planets have different lengths as well.

Ships do control differently.

I've been in a space battle with 30+ pirates, freighters and sentinels.

The freighters don't move but I'm sure that could change. Not sure if faction wars could be brought in, but I think there are other things people would prefer first.

Again I'm not saying the game is perfect, but as I said all along, all I wanted to do was explore the universe. See a star or planet and know I could go there. And I can.

Edited by somme

With the refunds now being accepted anyone think Sony are not going to be happy with hello games.

Don't think I've seen a game before where refunds are being accepted even when players have played the game for many many hours.

The negative pr this game has got has been killer.

This is a huge wake up call to developers and going forward I don't think you will see this happen again.

With the refunds now being accepted anyone think Sony are not going to be happy with hello games.

Don't think I've seen a game before where refunds are being accepted even when players have played the game for many many hours.

The negative pr this game has got has been killer.

This is a huge wake up call to developers and going forward I don't think you will see this happen again.

I do find it odd that you only seem to come into this thread to post something negative. Especially considering you freely admit to having never played it.

Why wouldn't Sony be happy with them? They have sold god knows how many copies and made Sony a lot of money. All that from a small team with a very modest budget.

The amount of people who will actually get a PSN refund is going to be a drop in the ocean. It's a massive commercial success.

Finished the Atlas quest.

:blank:

The world building, style, visuals and sound are all fantastic and it's a huge achievement for such a small team. That said, the actual game is as shallow as a puddle, quite disappointing but not unexpected. I knew 18 quintilian stars meant f all in the grand scheme of things.

Edited by Ronnie