NEurope
Retro_Link

No Man's Sky

The day one patch notes are out. I don't want to read them all but I did see that they've reduced pop-in "two-fold" and they are currently working on base-building and the ability to pilot giant freighters for an upcoming update.

To be honest its kind of hard. I just read through them again and some people might consider things spoilers and some might not.

Like for example, they've added the planet Mobius in a deal with SEGA where you can actually find Sonic etc. Would that be considered a spoiler?

Yeah I see your point. No worries! The response I've seen from people was great, with one saying it was "the best day one patch ever." Hopefully they're right!

No way! The next update after the Day one update will have the ability to build a base. So excited!

Love the new features surrounds around the feeding creature. Now I want to find Lord Nibbler so bad!

Edited by DriftKaiser

It's a real shame that things like base building aren't in the game from the start. If I wasn't too excited to play it asap I would have just waited until that update. I really hope it's only a few weeks before release, though that's probably unlikely.

To be fair base building is specifically a fan response - it was never in their original plan, which was to keep the player moving, to urge the player to keep exploring. Base building is great and I'll enjoy it but I completely understand their want to emphasise exploration.

It was never a game about staying in one place. But it'll keep interest. We can all explore to our hearts content and then when the next update happens, we'll have found somewhere we want to call home.

What interests me is whether these bases will be observable by other players. You'd hope so.

My PSN pre-load has started downloading. It's even more cruel that it'll be on my PS4 but I won't be able to play until Wednesday 00:00!

EDIT: Day one patch on PS4 is 800mb.

Edited by somme
Automerged Doublepost

Gah, all of this sounds great!

We're definitely going to go digital as it means @Eenuh at least has the option of playing this, too. From the sounds of it, this game is going to deliver. Oh my...it's actually living up to the hype.

I'm in a proper dilemma. We go away on Friday to the N-Europe meet, before going to Belgium and then Spain before coming back to the UK. My options are:

- Buy it now. Play it as much as I can and enjoy it before the holiday...but don't play more until I get back. That will be difficult. :o

- Buy it now. Don't touch it until we get back off holiday...which will be difficult.

- Buy it later on...maybe after the next update.

Leaning towards option one. But, playing a bit of it before going abroad and not being able to play it until we get back sounds like torture.

Hype Hype Hype!

Gah, all of this sounds great!

We're definitely going to go digital as it means @Eenuh at least has the option of playing this, too. From the sounds of it, this game is going to deliver. Oh my...it's actually living up to the hype.

I'm in a proper dilemma. We go away on Friday to the N-Europe meet, before going to Belgium and then Spain before coming back to the UK. My options are:

- Buy it now. Play it as much as I can and enjoy it before the holiday...but don't play more until I get back. That will be difficult. :o

- Buy it now. Don't touch it until we get back off holiday...which will be difficult.

- Buy it later on...maybe after the next update.

Leaning towards option one. But, playing a bit of it before going abroad and not being able to play it until we get back sounds like torture.

Hype Hype Hype!

Option one. Definitely one.

I bought it, but didn't pay extra for quick delivery, so won't get to play it before I come back from Edinburgh next week.

Lame.

The patch is up worldwide. Not sure if the servers have been reset yet though.

Edit: Also does anyone know the answer to this:

So I've already got my digital version downloaded and installed. If my limited edition disc copy turns up and I put the disc in, will it let me play the game I've already downloaded, or will it install a separate disc version? Really not sure!
Edited by somme

Look like you only can have one version on PS4. Need to delete the digital/physical version to install the physical/digital version again. :/

Ah okay, thanks. Hopefully my LE won't arrive until Wednesday then. Giving the disc to my partner, just wanted the extra goodies, i.e. the steel case, etc.

@Fierce_LiNk Biy it now and play as much as you can. Iv had about 18 hours pre-patch and can't play for 2 weeks now because of a family holiday. Completely worth it!

I've read that the patch improves a lot of the textures, shadows and draw distance. "It makes the pre-patch game look like an alpha build."

Guys, Gamestop has that 9.99€ offer...guys, I'll trade in Bloodborne and This War of Mine...GUYS, I will have No Man's Sky on Wednesday.

:bouncy:

Guys, Gamestop has that 9.99€ offer...guys, I'll trade in Bloodborne and This War of Mine...GUYS, I will have No Man's Sky on Wednesday.

:bouncy:

giphy.gif

Hype train derailed.

I may as well cancel my pre-order and get it in December on offer or 2nd hand.

Pre-order cancelled, hype gone, not sure when I'll buy this.

Well this is just fucking great. There's zero point in me pre-ordering this now because, like I said, I won't get to sit down and play it the way I want to until Christmas.

Pre-order is now being cancelled and I'll maybe think about adding this to my Christmas list if this lives up to its promise...if it actually manages to make it out by then.

I am done.

Hype rescued it seems :grin:

I have a practical course this week. Need to get up very early so there's no way I'll be able to play much at night.

lol

I most likely won't sleep on Wednesday :laughing: Working with toxic chemicals while being sleepy...what do the kids say these days? #YOLO

The hype that has left me the past few months...it's back. And it's bigger than before. :D