NEurope
Retro_Link

No Man's Sky

Hype rescued it seems :grin:

I'm still holding out, thoroughly put off by the outrageous review embargoes etc. Shit when it's done with films, shit when it's done with games.

Open to the idea of getting it in the week if the word is good on the first couple days though. Anyone found any £40-or-less-deals? Also, anywhere to get some good spoiler-free impressions?

Also, anywhere to get some good spoiler-free impressions?

There's this place called N-Europe...

There's this place called N-Europe...

Haha, I meant now - as in pre-release, in lieu of reviews. Still interested in picking it up on Wednesday if I can be convinced tomorrow. I don't think anyones has arrived on here yet right? Seems to be tonnes of people who have it but on reddit gamefaqs etc they're drowned out by inane chat

I don't have a list of quotes but it seems, before the patch people thought it was good, and now post-patch it everything people were expecting and more. So yes, overwhelmingly positive.

28 HOURS!

Hype rescued it seems :grin:

I think the leaks/posts on Reddit hyped me up again. I would wait for reviews, but the impressions were so overwhelmingly positive that I couldn't help but get sucked in again.

I may struggle to play during certain days in the week, but there's always weekends. I'll make time for it, I think it'll be worth it.

Amazon just shipped my copy and it probably arrive at my house on Wednesday. Can't wait to see bizarre creatures and awesome view we will encounter in our adventures.

1 Day 1 Hour and 27 minutes at time of posting. :D

I'm going to watch Interstellar tomorrow and will play this as soon as it unlocks. :D

Nice little blog post from Sean here:

WHAT DO YOU DO IN NO MAN’S SKY?

Sean Murray | August 8, 2016

We’re coming up to launch and I’m feeling nostalgic, so I went back and I dug out some old builds.

Here’s some screenshots just a few weeks in:

FirstScreenshot.jpg

Here it is 6 months in:

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

You can read more here: http://www.no-mans-sky.com/2016/08/what-do-you-do-in-no-mans-sky/

HHHYYYYYYPPPPEEE!

tumblr_obkrn8OgXw1vcevjdo1_r1_1280.jpg

Wow! The first build and current build are similar yet so different. Saw some breathtaking pictures/amazing videos floating on the internet. I can't believe that we will play this game like really SOON. :laughing:

Reading the review impressions thread on gaf is deflating my hype quite a bit. "Wide as an ocean, shallow as a puddle" was the big fear. Also the field of view on the PS4 is apparently terrible :( I could barely play the Witness for 5 minutes without getting a headache, this will probably be even worse.

The embargo is over but seeing as most reviewers got their copy yesterday it'a bit early for reviews.

Anyway, my game was sent yesterday, but I will probably get it tomorow.

Also the patch only went live yesterday and it doesn't seem like the kind of game you can properly review in half a day. (Not that I read reviews anyway)

Reading the review impressions thread on gaf is deflating my hype quite a bit. "Wide as an ocean, shallow as a puddle" was the big fear. Also the field of view on the PS4 is apparently terrible :( I could barely play the Witness for 5 minutes without getting a headache, this will probably be even worse.

You know, I heard the exact same language used by several people to describe Elite Dangerous (specifically 'a mile wide and an inch deep'). I think this game having an actual objective and planetary landings available from the start with proper stuff to do on them is a massive boon though.

Edited by Sheikah

Sean said in the Reddit AMA they're working on the FOV for PS4 anyway.

Though FOV doesn't affect me. Didn't have any issues with The Witness.

Innes and Charlie are here working on it right now, but every time someone asks we take away one degree of field of view

What are people getting this for? It looks like it'll be better played on a PC.

PS4 for me because it feels better suited to the format - to me anyway - but I'm only going to be dipping into it here and there rather than racing to the centre of the universe.

Looking forward to even spending just a little bit of time with it here and there. :)

PS4 for me because it feels better suited to the format - to me anyway - but I'm only going to be dipping into it here and there rather than racing to the centre of the universe.

Looking forward to even spending just a little bit of time with it here and there. :)

Haven't you still got, ahem, The Witcher 3 to start and finish off? :heh:

Haven't you still got, ahem, The Witcher 3 to start and finish off? :heh:

Yes... :(

And both DLC's... :red:

Plus the majority of my PS4 collection... :blush:

It shall be my end of 2016 game, Winter is coming... Witcher 3 is coming! : peace:

Hopefully... :heh:

Before that though, just a little bit of Space Exploration in No Man's Sky, I'm sure it won't take over my life like I'm sure The Witcher 3 most likely will. :wink:

It might though... a bit.

What are people getting this for? It looks like it'll be better played on a PC.

PC because it's cheaper.

12 hours!

And PS4 because I don't have a gaming PC and have always preferred couch console gaming. This game especially feels suited to couch play. I also don't like the idea of the PC universe being hacked or people cheating. That seems as though it'd be much harder to do on PS4.

I went with PS4 because thats what the Limited Edition was available on. Its very possible I will still get a PC copy down the line though.

Wondering if I shouldn't plow through and finish Doom and/or Bayonetta 2 before I get this, I'm up to my neck in AAA+ backlog as it is. Games are just too god damn good right now.

Called the local Gamestop to make sure I can pick this up tomorrow. And I can. :D

The practical course tomorrow won't take long. I'm probably out of there by 12pm : peace:

I'll do the studying I had planned for tomorrow today and just enjoy a whole day (and night) of No Man's Sky :bouncy:

PS4 for me because it feels better suited to the format

A game where you're going to be moving around and looking about a fair bit is 'better suited' to a controller?!

You mad man.