NEurope
Retro_Link

No Man's Sky

Have kept myself in the dark about this but having read some of the comments, is this 60fps on ps4 (I know, I know but man it matters to me)? If so I will get it ASAP. Otherwise I am holding off for a pc buy once I have upgraded gfx card.

People on Gaf have said that yes, the PS4 version is 60fps.

People on Gaf have said that yes, the PS4 version is 60fps.

Godamnit more money spent! :heh:

Someone on Gaf got an email from Sony (he'd emailed them asking for a review copy) and apparently they did say something about a day one patch.

It might be separate from the content and balancing update they finished the other day, or it could be the same. Not sure!

I wonder if it will be live by the weekend, I guess that's unlikely.

I wonder if it will be live by the weekend, I guess that's unlikely.

I've no idea on that front. You'd hope they turn it on a few days early. It's not our fault retailers have sent it out early, (though I am of course grateful!)

Fingers crossed. Well thanks @somme for posting here that Game sent out a 'getting ready to dispatch' email, it made me cancel my Amazon pre-order and go with Game instead. Might arrive tomorrow but even Monday would be fantastic!

Had a talk with another mate today about exploration games.

He is one of those who love to sit back and explore a huge world and do whatever the game let's you do.

I then told him he should look up on No Man's Sky.

He texted me just now: "This is exactly what I've been wanting from a video game since I started playing as a kid." :D

Oh man, I really hope I'll get the student assistant job I applied for so I can afford this game by October...fingers crossed...

Fingers crossed. Well thanks @somme for posting here that Game sent out a 'getting ready to dispatch' email, it made me cancel my Amazon pre-order and go with Game instead. Might arrive tomorrow but even Monday would be fantastic!

No worries. Fingers crossed we'll all be exploring the universe tomorrow!

Hmm found this, hope it's not true..

Sorry to disappoint but Game nearly always have information on the packages telling Royal Mail not to deliver them until release date.

Sean just dropped a tweet that PC got delayed until 13th August to add PC related options. Also he asked reviewers wait until the update became live before review the game.

There is also, definitely, a day one patch to sort out issues. Not sure exactly what they are as I haven't been watching streams but I've heard the overall impression has gone from luke-warm to very positive, now more people are streaming it and not racing to the centre. You know, they're actually playing.

Mine hasn't been delivered yet but my Royal Mail post always gets delivered late.

Mine arrived today.

You will not be disappointed.

Yay!

Mine did not. Hopefully it'll be Monday. :(

Any spoiler-free thoughts?

Yay!

Mine did not. Hopefully it'll be Monday. :(

Any spoiler-free thoughts?

The scope of this game is huge. Forget hearing about 18 quintillion planets. Forget full universe/Galaxy simulator and all the other hype.

When you first see the galactic map, it literally made me gasp and go "no fucking way".

Crazy.

Also, looking forward to the patch because it's buggy as fuck!

Yeah they did say this wasn't the state the game was meant to be played in. Hopefully all (or most of) the kinks will be ironed out on Monday!

Looking forward to seeing that galactic map!

Talking about scope and size; someone tried flying into a star earlier and...

They gave up after 20 minutes and 5 million kilometres travelled.

Yeah the distance between planets surprised me to be honest! Then I found out you can press circle to boost or R1 and L1 to super boost. My initial travel time went from 14 minutes to 7 down to a few seconds :p

I hit a really weird glitch earlier aswell;

Bombing the terrain from a cavern into water and the whole thing messed up. I ended up getting back onto land by blowing up some more terrain! I actually videod it because it was that weird!

Yeah the distance between planets surprised me to be honest! Then I found out you can press circle to boost or R1 and L1 to super boost. My initial travel time went from 14 minutes to 7 down to a few seconds :p

I hit a really weird glitch earlier aswell;

Bombing the terrain from a cavern into water and the whole thing messed up. I ended up getting back onto land by blowing up some more terrain! I actually videod it because it was that weird!

Haha that sounds bizarre!

Someone worked out something else with regards to star distance:

Sounds like it would take four hours to reach a star then if the distance is comparable to our planet.

Really hope my copy comes on Monday. These last few days have been hard!.

Well after tomorrow morning I won't be able to play for three weeks due to holiday so I'm happy to have had some time on it :)

Just pre-ordered this.

Was going to wait for a few reviews and perhaps a price drop, but i thought - nah forget it, yo holmes to Bel-Air!

2 days, 11 hour and 59 minutes!

Overall impressions seem to be very good! A few bugs here and there but the actual game has delivered exactly on what it said it was going to.

I've regressed to how I was as a child, excitement wise. Only other game I remember being this excited for was the N64/Mario 64 back when that first launched. Pretty sure I was 10 or 11 then.

I'm hoping both the game, from GAME, and the day 1 patch arrive tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

This thread will be fun once we all get going, sharing discoveries and screenshots etc.

I'm hoping both the game, from GAME, and the day 1 patch arrive tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

This thread will be fun once we all get going, sharing discoveries and screenshots etc.

I'm also hoping the same. And yeah sharing discoveries will be great. Where's the best place to host images for free these days?