N-Europe

Wii Sports Club - Online HD Wii Sports

Serebii

Wait what it's £9 PER sport? wtf that's a ripoff, I wouldn't mind paying that for the entire game considering I got it free with the Wii but no way am I spending that much on just 1 of them.

Don't you know you're not allowed complain about anything? I agree with you as well as many others have said so on this thread but you can only say nice and positive things. Nintendo Wii U is in bits and on life support but then that's our fault for complaining and supporting it in spite of this.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to say when Iwata started discussing passes I thought it would be a season pass to pre-buy all the games with some discount. Interesting that they're making it download only at least for now; really feels like Nintendo are trying to push away from retail whereever possible.

Given that I put over 200 hours into Wii Sports tennis, and still play it to this day, the price is a non issue for me.

At least they're letting you buy them separately.

Can't wait for this!

I am so happy you said this!

I too put in over 200 hours on Wii Sports. It was, and still is, a wonderful title that oozed Nintendo charm and magic. I can't see how the price is an issue, especially considering the online mode and the Wii Motion+ upgrade.

Nintendo's only mistake is not releasing this as a disc based title with all the games and really pushing it out, advertising it and doing a bundle that could be promoted in stores!

Nintendo's only mistake is not releasing this as a disc based title with all the games and really pushing it out, advertising it and doing a bundle that could be promoted in stores!

I wonder if those who picked up a Wii because of Wii Sports will pick up a WiiU because of Wii Sports.

Because that's most likely what the bulk of the people will see.

NINTENDO knows that this isn't something that should be there, front-and-center, with a WiiU, because there really isn't much appeal in buying a prettier Wii Sports for the masses.

They can with download codes cards but the trouble with that is GAME are only retailer that sells them at the moment.

I agree but maybe they will when all 5 sports are available? Only reason they're releasing two sports now is to get something out before Christmas?

whilst excited about the prospect of online bowling, tennis, golf etc. The pics I have seen are underwhelming. I was expecting the tennis to look more like Grand Slam Tennis. The image I saw didn't look any different to the original Wii Sports.

Given how we are not likely to get another 3rd party sports game on the Wii U ever again, i think the very least Nintendo could do is give us a half decent in-house effort. I mean the graphics on the Wii version were a generation out of date, but we forgave it because the motion control element was the key factor and it was kind of a demo. But this is Nintendo's HD console and we already know about motion control so as far as I am concerned this needs to be a proper game.

Edited by Clownferret

Had a bit of a party on Friday and obviously games were played. Decided to whack on Wii Sports Resort after the announcements; bit of table tennis, which is incredible, and then predictably Bowling - what a game! Though Nintendo should allow as many people as you want for local play; 4 max is just stupid. If we want 8 players why can't we have 8 players!?!? WHy do Nintendo refuse is to control our own experiences even to a slight degree!?

But anyway, got me excited about this; and someone is almost convinced to get wii u for it they loved Bowling that much!

So I was listening to the latest 8-4 podcast and one of the guys made a very good point. With this release Nintendo can no longer give us the same BS excuse that they dished out in the past that games like this are best played locally and that's why there is no online modes.

It will be interesting to see where things go from here with certain Nintendo games and whether they will finally start giving us online modes. If only they had made this move earlier we could have had NintendoLand online. :(